Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Hello guys. Please advise me a blade similar to Korbel JP but little more flexible, keep linearity. I tried acoustic, but it's too flexible.
I like korbel jp, good speed and control. I do not need a decrease in speed.
I don’t like is that the blade is almost completely not flexible. Also a thin racket handle.
On the FH, I play Hurricane 3 provincial. I have no problems with this rubber on Korbel.
I think about these blades: OSP Virtuoso +, OSP Virtuoso -, Xiom Fuga, Tibhar Stratus Power Wood.
Perhaps you can suggest something else. Thanks!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hello guys, I'm new here. Can someone recommend me a good practice facility in NYC?

Just go for the pile of fake National H3 next to Carl's NYC hideout, and he will pull the lever on the trap door that will allow you to play for a full week if you were able to pack lighting in your pocket.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Our national and regional (they're linked) leagues were cancelled yesterday with just one round remaining. Current league standings will be the final result.

Some people are happy (the ones that got promoted) and some people are unhappy (the ones that got relegated). Most people seem to accept the decision without any major complaints.

thanks god we have more than a few rounds left. I hate that solution, except if the current ranking couldn't change.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I was thinking about how the leagues will continue here. One possible solution is to play multiple matches at one facility and finish the leagues in two weeks. If so, endurance (especially if you play in an energy consuming style like me) will be extremely important. We will have like 4 crucial matches, so if we are in a good shape, we can have the upper hand. Other solution is just to redo the whole season. Tha's also good, because we got 3 youngster improving constantly. If they choose the latter I think we can aim for winning.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I was thinking about how the leagues will continue here. One possible solution is to play multiple matches at one facility and finish the leagues in two weeks. If so, endurance (especially if you play in an energy consuming style like me) will be extremely important. We will have like 4 crucial matches, so if we are in a good shape, we can have the upper hand. Other solution is just to redo the whole season. Tha's also good, because we got 3 youngster improving constantly. If they choose the latter I think we can aim for winning.

Personally I would've preferred for the last round to be played after the summer but not much to do after our TTA took the decision. Promotions and relegations will occur as normal.

Different sports associations has handled this differently. Ice hockey is the sport with all of the money in Sweden and they just cancelled everything. No champion crowned, no promotions and no relegations. I think that this was a sh*t decision as it promotes underperformance. The financial difference between playing in the different top three tiers is massive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I've been back home for a few days now, social distancing, so just playing tt with my Amicus.
I found that when I wear my old tt shoes (ones that I dedicate to only playing at home as they have worn out), my feet keeps sliding when I step into the table. It is really annoying because that meant I couldn't really put too much weight onto my legs as there aren't enough friction and I will lose balance due to the sliding.

Today I decided to use a new pair of tt shoes and I am so happy that it grips so well on the floor!
I was then able to use more of the pre set drills on the app, ones that requires me to move around more, e.g. pivot on bh side, then wide fh ball. Previously if I try to attempt that, I will be sliding everywhere lol. But with this new pair of shoes (Stiga Liner), no sliding. I've done a couple of other exercises too, was a good day for me, no work but tt.

I think from now on, I will use my new shoes at home first, then when my outside shoes are worn out, I will then use the home pair, and start a new pair at home.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
To be honest the guy's behaviour is... disrespectful. I hope you can feel how soft I am with that word.

Well, its a joke. You can see him smirk. But jea I can understand if that edges on some people. Other than that he is said to be a very nice person and also the temperament in southlandish leagues is different :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Well, its a joke. You can see him smirk. But jea I can understand if that edges on some people. Other than that he is said to be a very nice person and also the temperament in southlandish leagues is different :D

Well put. It's humor and he's an entertainer.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Nice work!

How is it down in Skåne? Is the training hall closed?

Thank you! As far as I know my club and Lund are the only ones open right now. A lot less people.. but I'm glad we're keeping open for now else I'd go crazy. I heard even Truls had to go practice in Lund as Eslöv is closed.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Thank you! As far as I know my club and Lund are the only ones open right now. A lot less people.. but I'm glad we're keeping open for now else I'd go crazy. I heard even Truls had to go practice in Lund as Eslöv is closed.

Ok! In Stockholm it’s pretty much only Spårvägen (for the seniors/adults/pensioners) that’s closed.

I’ve bought a cheap table and robot for my home just in case. Will donate it to my sister who has two small boys after all of this is over.

Reactions: yoass and NextLevel
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I’ve bought a cheap table and robot for my home just in case. Will donate it to my sister who has two small boys after all of this is over.

And thus, the second era of Swedish TT ultrasupremacy commenced...

Last edited:
Reactions: SamTheMan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Had a good hitting session at home today.
As I won't be able to play with my coach or other players in the near future, I have subconsciously put more time into playing with my Amicus and trying to utilize its functions a bit more. Today I focused on topspin strokes, the usual FH warmups and BH warmups, then looping each wing. After a few rounds, I felt that my touch has returned since I left home 12 weeks ago. It is hard to definitely say I'm back to how I was before as I have no one to block for me, but at least, when I loop, I can 'feel' the ball, and even when I loop 'hard', the % on the table is still relatively good.
Instead of moving on, I decided to try to improve my recovery, so i increased the ball frequency from 40/min to 60/min for the FHs and BHs while looping. Still going good. I also utilised the 'cycle' function, so the balls would shoot out for 20 sec, and then give a 10 sec break, so I would put more energy into playing when the balls are coming.

Like today, I don't need to work so I can relax and play tt, but when I have to work, these shifts take up all my energy and I need to reserve the energy for the next shift. Good thing with shifts is that I will get days off in a row, which is good as I can play tt several times in a row.

Reactions: Boogar
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Had a good hitting session at home today.
As I won't be able to play with my coach or other players in the near future, I have subconsciously put more time into playing with my Amicus and trying to utilize its functions a bit more. Today I focused on topspin strokes, the usual FH warmups and BH warmups, then looping each wing. After a few rounds, I felt that my touch has returned since I left home 12 weeks ago. It is hard to definitely say I'm back to how I was before as I have no one to block for me, but at least, when I loop, I can 'feel' the ball, and even when I loop 'hard', the % on the table is still relatively good.
Instead of moving on, I decided to try to improve my recovery, so i increased the ball frequency from 40/min to 60/min for the FHs and BHs while looping. Still going good. I also utilised the 'cycle' function, so the balls would shoot out for 20 sec, and then give a 10 sec break, so I would put more energy into playing when the balls are coming.

Like today, I don't need to work so I can relax and play tt, but when I have to work, these shifts take up all my energy and I need to reserve the energy for the next shift. Good thing with shifts is that I will get days off in a row, which is good as I can play tt several times in a row.

Good that you are up and about! Stay safe and try to enjoy as much tt as you can mate :)

Reactions: JeffM