Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
It looks like they all driving in an XC40...

That is the car I bought and picked up from the Gothenburg factory Jan 2019 and did my Copenhagen adventure we documented on TTD.

The XC series is an extremely common car in this country. It used to be a strong social denominator where Volvo was tied to the working class whereas SAAB was for the rest but GM screwed that up when they destroyed SAAB. Now they only make weapons in every shape or form you can imagine. I guess that you can't be too unfamiliar with the Carl-Gustaf aka M48 as you're a military man.

Reactions: Der_Echte
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
GM has screwed up about everything they touched (due to pompous inefficient inflexible leaders)... it was also a miracle that Volvo survived Ford ownership. You ought to look into the story of Ross Perot, IBM, his data company, his time on GM board, how much he pissed of GM CEO with brutal honest truth time and time again, and his (very financially rewarding) dismissal from the board (he was bought out).

Pity about Saab, great history, great products, great engineers. With the right commitment, funding, patience and leadership, the Saab brand could pull a total Phoenix rise from ashes job in the automotive world and be even more of a strong brand and product.

We can say pistols, rifles, and things that fire projectiles kill... and be against the manufacture of them, but a nation's military and police force have a use for them and the outfits that make them. If a military of a nation did not pose enough a threat of death to another nation with aspirations to take it over, then that nation would be quickly having a different national language. No one in a nation desires that.

People could look upon my status as a former, decades long military person and think I was so totally for going to Iraq and Afghanistan. Anyone with any ability to reason, collect enough time and data to see obvious facts... these would be able to conclude that lies and hidden motives caused our nation to send all those personnel and resources to those places and that the publicly stated objectives were bogus, yet quickly achieved, yet the personnel and resources remained, and in many cases increased. Undoubtedly, the cost of lives, loss of livelihood and future for millions in those places were negatively affected from the reaction. This happened throughout times where both dominant political parties were in majority of house, senate, and executive branch at different times. That says it all to anyone who can see.

A nation can rightfully declare war and make war against another nation who threatened that nation or made war, or rightfully declare war and make war against such organizations who threatened said nation or have made war... but anyone with eyes and time can know that declaration of and execution of war to those two places was done based on lies and continued with more... even after it was well known publicly.

I would believe such a thing is way worse than the mere production of arms that is done with the proper intent.

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I was asking you to look into his time at IBM... short story of the story is he was in sales... and they make their pay on commissions... you sell a lot, you get paid a lot.

One year, he made more from closing deals on huge dollar amounts of sales (and of course really helped IBM income out, which should really boast the stock options of that CEO!)… that year he made more in salary that the CEO. When the CEO saw this, he was OFFENDED at the idea a mere salesman could get paid more than him, an important leader, so that CEO ordered a restructuring of how the sales force gets paid. The next year Ross sold his maximum allotment in under one month and got out of IBM, he could not make any more money there given that system of pay.

That is the kind of attitude, inefficiency, and failure to innovate that he fought against.

Dude, if I was a CEO, I would have immediately realized that such a person contributes more to the organization's success than me. I would have allowed the pay structure paying him more than the CEO to exist for as long as he performed that level. I would have realized that such a person greatly helps out shareholder wealth and keeps me in a good paying job. I would have realized that if I had stock or options (A CEO usually has a shytload of those)… I would have realized that such a person is increasing the worth of my stock and options and all I am doing is signing his paycheck and saying good job thank you a few times every pay period without me doing any effort at motivating the force.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jun 2020
Hi! Im pretty new here, I'm looking for a team to play table tenis in Vietnam. Anyone knows a group or where i can contact. Thanks so much in advance.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says Hello! My name is Cielo (pronounced Shell-o). I grew up...
Oct 2019
I'm loving this thread! It's awesome to read all of your comments and it's encouraging to keep practicing. It is a training day for me today, currently working on me footwork because I seem to be dragging my right leg a lot now. And of course, I am much slower now after taking a break for 3.5 years due to 2 pregnancies. But now I'm trying to get back at it hard.

Here's a short clip of me, I noticed that I'm still not low enough and very late on recovery. I might have to back up a bit to have more movement. But please, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIIgRIzhDuA

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'm loving this thread! It's awesome to read all of your comments and it's encouraging to keep practicing. It is a training day for me today, currently working on me footwork because I seem to be dragging my right leg a lot now. And of course, I am much slower now after taking a break for 3.5 years due to 2 pregnancies. But now I'm trying to get back at it hard.

Here's a short clip of me, I noticed that I'm still not low enough and very late on recovery. I might have to back up a bit to have more movement. But please, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Your technique and movement is better than mine, I may hit a better ball sometimes with pure strength though that is debatable. You probably need more random drills to bring out your true footwork and stroke deficiencies close to the table. Good luck and hope you share more video and matches over time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Today i had a 2 hour session with coach OYA, the first with him in many months, and the 4th time i played since the reopen.

I was very happy to be able to match him at times in BH rallies. Definitely the shot quality has gotten much better with Dignics80. As soon as i have a good contact and brush even a little the ball, the nearer the bounce the better, i cannot lose to his spin. Mistakes happen when im a bit late and i have no time to brush the ball. Then it bounces off the racket quickly, even quicker than SpinArt which absorbs more energy, and the block goes off the table. Its a bit unforgiving here.

Apart from that, i practised some patterns that i am weak: I serve short, coach receives short, i push long agressively --> The push quality is good, i can take the ball very early, but I am a bit too often late to come back in position. However i feel thats its less a matter of muscle strength, and more of question of balance (not losing the balance after the push) and focus / determination, and that practising that pattern more often, i can finally improve that pattern and make it deadly in matchplay instead of being a weakness right now.

my "trick" to execute a good flick or agressive push. of course go quickly to the ball but i realized its much easier -for me - to make a good shot if i position myself with the shoulder a little bit right to the ball and the body facing in diagonal (even if i aim middle or straight). Then if the ball is taken quickly after the bounce it can be very difficult. He's a pro and i managed to provoke quite a few misses on his side that he wasn't happy about. The problem with this technique it makes it more difficult to come back quickly to cover the BH side if the ball comes back, so special attention to come back quickly, AND/OR aim for the middle/elbow so the opponent has less angle

Reactions: Richie
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
@skysowers

very nice drilling, very consistent, and smooth, no transition problem, you cover well the table.

i think you can try going for the next step, but trying to play a bit faster or more power. i suggest you try to shorten the strokes and find ways to add more spin: wrist, fingers, a bit more acceleration.

Oct 2019
@skysowers

very nice drilling, very consistent, and smooth, no transition problem, you cover well the table.

i think you can try going for the next step, but trying to play a bit faster or more power. i suggest you try to shorten the strokes and find ways to add more spin: wrist, fingers, a bit more acceleration.

Yes. I have issues with getting more spins on the forehand side. I don't have that upper body strength back yet and I tend to cramp myself sometimes. But thank you for the input and I will definitely keep them in mind.

Oct 2019
Your technique and movement is better than mine, I may hit a better ball sometimes with pure strength though that is debatable. You probably need more random drills to bring out your true footwork and stroke deficiencies close to the table. Good luck and hope you share more video and matches over time.

Thank you very much for the input. I'm currently trying to build strength and endurance and I enjoy doing random drills so I will definitely put more time into them. You see, I only have that one person in our club, my training partner. And he is also learning to block especially with the advanced drills. But we are doing our best. Hopefully when we are ready for a tournament, we will be able to apply what we trained.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Going to be a assistent coach for a week this Thursday to next thursday. The other coaches are very competent, have been living doing this their whole life and have been or are coaches for national teams. Looking forward to it despite being a bit of a newbie in this company. Will try to update some day how it goes and if I have noticed and or learned something useful and cool

Oct 2019
I would offer more advice for your partner than you. It is obvious you know drills and fundamentals and what counts.

This is true to be honest. He only started playing 8 years ago and we have a very small club since we live in a small city. No coaches or trainers available most of the time. Our club used to be only open 2 times a week. He owns the club now and has fallen in love with our sport so he gets better everyday. I was the one who taught him his basics because he said he was willing to learn. Now, we are open everyday. I help him with coaching basic fundamentals to beginners and that has been helping our club out. We hope it'll only get better from here.

Reactions: ajtatosmano2
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2019
Has anyone heard rumours of when play might resume and if might hold tournaments in a single location?

Things are already starting to open back up with domestic tournaments, EPL, La LIGA. Hoping Table Tennis can get some attention soon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 3 reviews

Your technique and style are very smooth. What you do on the video is easy for you. Your body act too loose maybe because you are used to it. You can make it little bit harder by staying lower.

If you are bored with this regular training, as Next Level mentioned, you can start doing semi irregular drills. For example, 2xBH - 1x or 2xFH. Irregular drills calibrate you optimally. No loose body, no exaggerated stroke techniques etc.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Oct 2019
Your technique and style are very smooth. What you do on the video is easy for you. Your body act too loose maybe because you are used to it. You can make it little bit harder by staying lower.

If you are bored with this regular training, as Next Level mentioned, you can start doing semi irregular drills. For example, 2xBH - 1x or 2xFH. Irregular drills calibrate you optimally. No loose body, no exaggerated stroke techniques etc.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the advice! We actually started doing it but my training partner is having a hard time with placement blocks. We are trying to do multi ball feeds but still a work in progress. But if I have a good clip, I will definitely share it here to hear more of your input. Thank you very much!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
SS, or double S, (my Korean coach when I started in Korea was Lee Seung Sook, who also called herself double S)

What you describe for a USA outfit is even better than normal. Most USA places have to go the route of extreme economy... which means renting cheap space in a rec center or church or school gym (or getting it free) and setting up tables to pretty much play matches... little to no chance of training, and who gunna train you if everyone is 200 to 1600 USATT level?

So I get it about your club situation... it is not normal for someone with any means to take over a part time operation and make it full or near full time.

I also get it about no one around you being able to do the things you need to train effectively as you want... so you take what you can get and try to make things around you better with time... I get that too and it can be tough... but your situation is still way better than normal USA places who have to drive 3-6 hours to find anyone even remotely close to a level to train at a higher level.

Koreans in Korea identify the kids with potential real early, hire an ex-pro for 2000 - 3000 USD a month, then turn their multi-purpose room or small gym floor into a pro training center with collection nets and every basic drill you can imagine with kids feeding and blocking for each other single ball multib ball bh to bh fh to fh topspin to topspin topspin block topspin all under the guidance of drill sgt coach and they love that stuff.

In USA, 2000-3000 a month wont even pay a janitor part time work, let alone train 12-20 kids 3-4 hrs a day professionally.