Page 495 of 497 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497 LastLast
    Results 9,881 to 9,900 of 9929
    1. Top | #9881
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
      Do you guys boost your tires? falco long tempo works really well with my current setup. I currently boost my Goodyear ultragrip national edition (I don't like tacky chinese tires) on my chevy impala, but I'm worried that too much boosting will reduce its mileage.

2. Top | #9882
      says Petit Scarabée

Master TTD Member Country: Japan

Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Spin Art

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2,653 Times in 1,278 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      It could just be that you don't have the right serve. But you need to have recovered into place as the ball bounces on the opponent's side.

The serve quality with height, depth, spin and deception plays a big role. Serving into the opponent's middle while keeping the ball short can prevent them from taking hard strokes without moving. But a serve that is hard to read quickly and attack hard also gives you time.

It ultimately comes down to preparing for the various returns. But the right serve is key. Even top players recover faster after than some serves than they do others. One of the reasons why some players go to serves from the middle is that they want to cut off angles and reduce their recovery pressure to certain points on the table.
      Yes i REALLY need to work on my serves. my serve is really the weakness #1 in my game. only my BH serve is half decent. so you definitely got a huge point here.

Today i tried to think about this : ""But you need to have recovered into place as the ball bounces on the opponent's side."

First time I tried to pay attention to that. It actually did help quite a bit, thank you very much for that advice. Even after my very average serves, it helped me to get ready more quickly, alas still too often not ready to move much after that - feet totally stuck... but its definitely encouraging and helping me to find a better rhythm.

3. Top | #9883
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: United States
      Equipment:
      Blade Gambler Fire Dragon Touch
      Forehand Rubber T05 Hard cause I like it Hard.
      Backhand Rubber Dignics 05

Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 429 Times in 177 Posts
      I have changed from a OSP U2+(7ply all wood) to a Gambler Dragon Fire Touch (Innerforce like carbon blade). And i switched the backhand rubber from T05 to Dignics 05

1. The Gambler Blade has a bit lower throw than the OSP, works well with my forehand since i tend to go long alot with the OSP blade. Now i am landing more forehand loops to my surprise.

2. The Dignics is a lower throw and more grippier rubber than the T05. Dignics 05 combined with the Gambler blade is making my backhand shots miss or clip the white line alot. So its forcing me to be aware to open the face and spin the ball more to make it over the net. But its hard to kick my old old habit of just letting the T05 catapult the ball over by the rubber itself.

3. Finally i found a spot to serve my reverse pendulum serve into the short middle table. I mostly serve side topspin and i am getting relatively high returns which i can attack with my forehand.

Overall it was another good week of playing and trying to get stronger bit by bit.

Oldschoolpenholder has been ducking me for the past week...lol
      Last edited by 42andbackpains; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:11 PM.
      One day at a time.
      Gambler Fire Dragon Touch 88.5
      T05 Hard & Dignics 05

4. Top | #9884
      This user has no status.

Elite TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 939 Times in 509 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      Yes i REALLY need to work on my serves. my serve is really the weakness #1 in my game. only my BH serve is half decent. so you definitely got a huge point here.

Today i tried to think about this : ""But you need to have recovered into place as the ball bounces on the opponent's side."

First time I tried to pay attention to that. It actually did help quite a bit, thank you very much for that advice. Even after my very average serves, it helped me to get ready more quickly, alas still too often not ready to move much after that - feet totally stuck... but its definitely encouraging and helping me to find a better rhythm.

I have a really bad cold at the moment so at home doing nothing so bored af. Why Do you think your serves is your weakness? Do you train it? Almost the easiest thing to train since you can so it alone.

5. Top | #9885
      says Petit Scarabée

Master TTD Member Country: Japan

Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Spin Art

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2,653 Times in 1,278 Posts
      @Lula

1) i don't trade as often as I should, and the time i've devoted to training serves during my (too long) career is way too little compared to the rest, that does a lot to explain the situation

2) even if I do train serves, i think i don't do it properly. Repeating a bad motion again and again is counter-productive

3) i did take several coaching lessons focused on serving only, but the result has been pretty little so far... i tend to forget the right sensations. i get confused about the different advices.

----
      4) Apart from that, I think i have to accept my serves are currently not good and learn to do with it and get back quickly in position anyway. That also i don't do it enough, because i ABSOLUTELY want my serve to be spinnier and focus too much on that.

6. Top | #9886
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      @Lula

1) i don't trade as often as I should, and the time i've devoted to training serves during my (too long) career is way too little compared to the rest, that does a lot to explain the situation

2) even if I do train serves, i think i don't do it properly. Repeating a bad motion again and again is counter-productive

3) i did take several coaching lessons focused on serving only, but the result has been pretty little so far... i tend to forget the right sensations. i get confused about the different advices.

----
      4) Apart from that, I think i have to accept my serves are currently not good and learn to do with it and get back quickly in position anyway. That also i don't do it enough, because i ABSOLUTELY want my serve to be spinnier and focus too much on that.
      Okey i see. Maybe you could try to Do just Do 10-15 minuter after practice. Something Will take you a long way compared to nothing.

I agree with the last thing you Said. There are much more about a serve than the spin. Hard to get good spin with this ball. If the serve suits your game and you get a return that suits you then you are doing well with the serves.

7. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (3 Weeks Ago)

8. Top | #9887
      says Spin for the win!

Senior TTD Member Country: Switzerland
      Equipment:
      Blade Xiom Vega pro Blade
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05

Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 1,290 Times in 542 Posts
      How are you all ? I am back from the dead. I just came back from my civil service which i did this summer. Now I am eager to dive back into training and playing league!

Today we play against the group leader in the second Division. Ah we got promoted btw

I think I wont record it tho, as i get extra nervous while filming, today is full focus mode !

Cheers
      Spin Spin Spin...

9. The Following 5 Users Like Boogar's Post:

Archosaurus (2 Weeks Ago),Der_Echte (2 Weeks Ago),JeffM (2 Weeks Ago),NextLevel (2 Weeks Ago),ttmonster (2 Weeks Ago)

10. Top | #9888
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,129 Times in 4,722 Posts
      Been in the DC area for a few days, saw TTD Member Jaspican at the club late one night. No Pics, sorry, we had to get out of there before the NSA shut us down.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

11. The Following 3 Users Like Der_Echte's Post:

NextLevel (2 Weeks Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (2 Weeks Ago),UpSideDownCarl (2 Weeks Ago)

12. Top | #9889
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: Singapore

Equipment:
      Blade Donic Top Team Level 500

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
      Does Stiga Allround Classic work well with Yasaka Mark 5?

13. Top | #9890
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak

Master TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Vanity II (D.A.b Studio Custom)
      Forehand Rubber DHS Gold Arc 8/50
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G-1

Reviews
      Read 6 Reviews
      Liked 1,952 Times in 1,036 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Revenna View Post
      Does Stiga Allround Classic work well with Yasaka Mark 5?
      Yes, for certain things at a certain level of play.

14. The Following User Likes yoass's Post:

lVegita (2 Weeks Ago)

15. Top | #9891
      says Left handed backhand machine
      !!

TTD Member Country: Poland

Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Azalea All Around
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
      Had my first league single match in my life . I'm slightly bald person on the front in dark shirt. Representing 3rd team (Team C) of my club . I'm in middle of losing some weight here, so my footwork is a bit slow. Lost that set 17-19 :/, very close match. In the end I won 3:1. Using my new blade : Stiga Azalea Offensive with 2 Rakza 7's on both sides. Perfect backhand rubber, but my forehand still needs a lot of work .

If any of you'd like to comment (if there is anything to comment at all), please do . Any bit of critisism will help me improve
      Last edited by Amaken23; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:34 PM.

16. The Following User Likes Amaken23's Post:

Boogar (2 Weeks Ago)

17. Top | #9892
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Sweden
      Equipment:
      Blade Victas Koji Matsushita
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc C-1
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Grass D.TecS

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 504 Times in 311 Posts
      Amaken23: What city do you live in? I’m visiting Poland at least once per month (mainly Warszawa and Krakow) and have been looking for training opportunities.

18. Top | #9893
      says Left handed backhand machine
      !!

TTD Member Country: Poland

Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Azalea All Around
      Forehand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7
      Backhand Rubber Yasaka Rakza 7

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 15 Times in 8 Posts
      I currently live in Bytom, in Silesia. I drive to Gliwice to train and play for the club.

19. Top | #9894
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Amaken23 View Post
      I currently live in Bytom, in Silesia. I drive to Gliwice to train and play for the club.
      Ah nice part of the country. I just spent a week hiking in the mountains close to Klodzko. Beautiful place!

Sorry for the off topic. The other gentlemen will for sure provide you better advice on your matches.

20. Top | #9895
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Amaken23 View Post
      Had my first league single match in my life . I'm slightly bald person on the front in dark shirt. Representing 3rd team (Team C) of my club . I'm in middle of losing some weight here, so my footwork is a bit slow. Lost that set 17-19 :/, very close match. In the end I won 3:1. Using my new blade : Stiga Azalea Offensive with 2 Rakza 7's on both sides. Perfect backhand rubber, but my forehand still needs a lot of work .

If any of you'd like to comment (if there is anything to comment at all), please do . Any bit of critisism will help me improve
      It is late here and need to sleep so i just watched a little bit. I think you Will improve alot if you Do easy drills were you practice the basic strokes and also drills were you work on the footwork.

I also think tactically at your level learning to Do topspin or sidetopspin or Maybe disguised Nospin when servering Will give you good third balls to work with. Especially if you serve short.

Good luck!

21. The Following User Likes Lula's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (2 Weeks Ago)

22. Top | #9896
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Finland

Equipment:
      Blade STIGA Allround Evolution
      Forehand Rubber BH: Friendship 729 FX
      Backhand Rubber FH: Friendship 729 FX Blue Sponge

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 1,214 Times in 771 Posts
      Hey, I'm back for my obligatory annual update.

Hit up the usual joint probably one last more time with my usual partner. Wasn't expecting anything, so didn't set up to film. It's been a year since we last hit.

Was something like physical warmup then drives and serves for an hour or so, then we played some mock points. Subject of practice for today was "keeping your weight low and forward after the first movement".

Started off pretty bad as you'd expect, but we could keep a sensible rally going by the end of it. Would have got some nice footage to really see if the focus on body balance was effective enough, but of course I didn't film. It sure felt like it helped. Before I thought I primarily had issues with seeing the ball or something, but I'm starting to realize that it has more to do with me shooting myself in the foot from the get-go and being unable to move effectively due to my body positioning. It doesn't even feel right, let alone work.

This is probably what they mean with "good players keep the weight on the balls of their feet". Everyone knows you should do it, but I think I'll still need maybe 100, 200 hours in to start really making it routine. I think it's a thing of habit too: it's not like I've gotten noticeably physically more conditioned or anything, but it feels easier to keep a better stance the more I do it. Just a thing of not being lazy.

23. The Following 4 Users Like Archosaurus's Post:

Boogar (2 Weeks Ago),JeffM (2 Weeks Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (2 Weeks Ago),yoass (2 Weeks Ago)

24. Top | #9897
      This user has no status.

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      I played a tournament today which used the Yasaka 3* "cell free". Omg this must be the crappiest ball on the planet. I take back every bad word that I've ever raised against the BTY G40+ or DF V40+. The ball was so extremely unpredictable and the bounce was a whole lot "lower" than a normal ball like the Stiga Perform. I think we also managed to break 2 or 3 balls in our pool of 4 players.

(Not totally unhappy though as I managed to beat a guy which had almost a ranking 400 higher than mine but that probably comes down to him also being super uncomfortable with the ball)

25. The Following 4 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

Der_Echte (2 Weeks Ago),JeffM (2 Weeks Ago),NextLevel (2 Weeks Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (2 Weeks Ago)

26. Top | #9898
      says Grand Consultant to the Office
      of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Equipment:
      Blade Nexy Batos ALC
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar MX-K
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar FX-S

Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 9,129 Times in 4,722 Posts
      Got my pawz on a sheet of Tibhar MX-K the rubber designed for the Korean market.

Easier to open topspin than I thought. Got power. I used 47 degree, there is a 52 degree version for the BANGERS. Will know more after Monday when I can get a proper hit with Scoobie Doo Tsos who is 2100+ when not injured.

27. Top | #9899
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: United States

Equipment:
      Blade Gambler carbon
      Forehand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
      Backhand Rubber RH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 536 Times in 402 Posts
      Jolly Roger to you all !

28. Top | #9900
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Australia

Equipment:
      Blade Timo Boll ALC pen
      Forehand Rubber H3 neo
      Backhand Rubber Tenergy 05

Reviews
      Read 4 Reviews
      Liked 751 Times in 333 Posts
      After 5 years, I bid goodbye to my first ever TT robot (Robopong 540) and a collection net. I sold it to a church friend for 1/4 of its original price, despite them being in very good condition. While I am very happy that they will be put to good use by the friend and his son, whom was recently quite interested in table tennis, I also felt a bit sad as I did spend alot of them with them before getting my Amicus.
      I had a hit with my church friend and his son at my place which does not have alot of room, but I could tell they are genuinely very interested to play tt. It is very satisfying to see them filled with joy, especially when playing tt. I don't think money can give me the same level of satisfaction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TT.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	19848

29. The Following 7 Users Like JeffM's Post:

Boogar (1 Week Ago),Der_Echte (2 Weeks Ago),JustANoob (2 Weeks Ago),mart1nandersson (1 Week Ago),perham (1 Week Ago),Richie (2 Weeks Ago),ttmonster (1 Week Ago)