Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der Echte you seem a bit fitter than ever on this pic
Im sure it helped you getting those results too
Uhm... I think you may have mis-spelled a word.

Maybe the "i" could be changed to an "a" in that key word after "bit"... :D

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Der Echte you seem a bit fitter than ever on this pic
Im sure it helped you getting those results too
I really think it came down to being more consistent in landing the first strong topspin shot (with higher consistency and quality) first before opponent could fo that.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Damn !!! The ratings for my tourney posted already !! In just 2 days !! Rating up slightly by 17 points... went 7 Wins -1 Loss.

Akul dropped points... to WIRELESS LOVEBIRD no chance in the match. Akul still gained 100+ points.

I will need to give Akul a small hard time over that, Wireless is a great retriever, but Akul knows how to hit a high ball of his choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i had a session with coach Oya today. The whole session was ok but not fantastic, I did a little bit of gym lately and i think my body was a bit tired.

Nevertheless there were a few highlights today including my first ever Bobrow-snake !

During a rally there was little else that i could do, i managed to put sidespin under the table to the ball AND I managed to remember to make that tricky finish move in the opposite natural direction with the racket over the table. the execution was far from being Adam-certified, but good enough to totally trick my coach who could never expect such a shot coming from me LOL. After the snake he stopped for 2 minutes thinking about wtf just happened LOL

i had tried many times in practice to do this shot without any success. In more than 25 years playing TT i also havent been able to score a roller even once, so I'm quite happy...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
i had a session with coach Oya today. The whole session was ok but not fantastic, I did a little bit of gym lately and i think my body was a bit tired.

Nevertheless there were a few highlights today including my first ever Bobrow-snake !

During a rally there was little else that i could do, i managed to put sidespin under the table to the ball AND I managed to remember to make that tricky finish move in the opposite natural direction with the racket over the table. the execution was far from being Adam-certified, but good enough to totally trick my coach who could never expect such a shot coming from me LOL. After the snake he stopped for 2 minutes thinking about wtf just happened LOL

i had tried many times in practice to do this shot without any success. In more than 25 years playing TT i also havent been able to score a roller even once, so I'm quite happy...

I think the best thing about TT is getting even with a player who beat you. The second best thing has to be doing something you didn't think you could with style therefore expanding your feeling for the sport.

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Been tinkering with a hard FH rubber (50º) for a few weeks so far. Physically very demanding and my game tanks atrociously when my energy level drops, as it is wont to do after one and a half hour or so.

But it "clicks", deep down, and I get a very nice touch with it in the short/passive game, with venomous serve receives, and can de- and accelerate like never before. Excellent quality on high power shots, ripping counters.

It'll be fine for competition, but might be a bit much (at my age) for these attrition type tournaments in which you'll have 20+ matches under the belt already when entering the conclusive tournament stages. Let's see where this goes for a while...

I need to thank NextLevel for pitching Fastarc, by the way. My BH has never been as reliable, solid and uninhibited before, ever, I believe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
If I was to change to shakehand, what handle should I choose, and why?
I am still waiting for my index finger to heal, I have seen a GP and a physio, both reassured me that it wasn't anything major, but I just feel if this keeps happening, it is really frustrating that I was sort of in shape, then because I over used it, I have to take a break...
So just contemplating which handle I should choose if I was to use a similar style as my penhold / offensive in shakehand blade.
Thanks

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Straigth handle for changing grip a little between FH and BH. Flared proably sits harder in your hand so maybe you can be more relaxed.

One week vacation. Going to the north of Sweden, close to Finland where a friend lives and we are going to train some tabletennis! Will be fun! but have not trained for a month because of the trainign hall have been closed so it will be tough! But we trained alot when he lived in my home town so it will be fun to see him again. Him and his brother are in great shape! His team recently won the Finish highest leauge!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If I was to change to shakehand, what handle should I choose, and why?
I am still waiting for my index finger to heal, I have seen a GP and a physio, both reassured me that it wasn't anything major, but I just feel if this keeps happening, it is really frustrating that I was sort of in shape, then because I over used it, I have to take a break...
So just contemplating which handle I should choose if I was to use a similar style as my penhold / offensive in shakehand blade.
Thanks

Use your penhold paddle to play shakehand. But if shakehand, start with flare.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
The Nigerian Open this year was pretty well organized and transmitted. Watched a lot of matches. Quadri received amazing amounts of crowd support and rewarded them by winning it all. Toughest match was against Lauren Devos of Belgium and best match was arguably the final, where his forehand and footwork were in a special zone. Worth watching for jaw dropping athleticism.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
The Nigerian Open this year was pretty well organized and transmitted. Watched a lot of matches. Quadri received amazing amounts of crowd support and rewarded them by winning it all. Toughest match was against Lauren Devos of Belgium and best match was arguably the final, where his forehand and footwork were in a special zone. Worth watching for jaw dropping athleticism.

Believe it or not, I’ve won against Laurens Devos before. (albeit with 8 point handicap [emoji23])

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Believe it or not, I’ve won against Laurens Devos before. (albeit with 8 point handicap [emoji23])

That's a good win. The kid was the only.guy who consistently controlled Quadri's attacks. If not for the home crowd, Quadri would have lost in my mind for sure.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
That's a good win. The kid was the only.guy who consistently controlled Quadri's attacks. If not for the home crowd, Quadri would have lost in my mind for sure.

He’s also a very humble and hardworking person. I’ve seen him destroy players that are in the top 10 ranking of Belgium like they’re amateurs. His secret lies in fast reactions and close-to-table style of play. Haven’t watched the game myself but now I’m curious to watch it asap.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Team Nexy Trouble Makers and their new uniforms went to Oakland for a TT Team Tourney. Our division (1700-2000USATT) had players 100 points + under classified (surprise, right?) in a 12 team field

There were 4 groups of 3, winner advances to Semifinals.

We went 2-0 in team vs team matches to advance... but it was close. I eeked out a 3-2 from being down 7-10 in the 5th vs a type of player I normally destroy. (so much for being normal in the light conditions there, oh well)

In semis, in 4th match (doubles), I let Sergey down, but in the 5th match Sergey won in 5 to get us into finals.

It was 1-2 in matches and I was in deciding doubles match, a bad break in 5th game and we lost. Had we gone to the last match, we prolly woulda won.

Pic, and moar pics.

team t 1.jpg

Team no t 1.jpg

Akul1.jpg

eric trophy 1.jpg

George1.jpg

Serge1.jpg

William trophy 1.jpg

venue 1.jpg

Serge Acion 1.jpg

Akul action 1.jpg

William action 1.jpg