Dec 2015
Read 1 reviews
doubt.jpg

Reactions: songdavid98
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Had a good hit with my friend today. He seems to have a similar level of passion for tt as me, so when we hit, I was able to train my forehand counterhit and looping quite efficiently. He used to be the number 2 player in his school team back in HK when he was younger.
One hitting session a week is all I can afford at the moment with work, but today I feel I have a good feel with the bat, and I had some good results. I feel I am about to get more speed with the bat, without much compromise with the spin.
Good times always come to an end... tmr 15 hours of work... have to wait for next saturday to play TT again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Buy a table , put it in the hospital common area and teach your co-workers table tennis :) ... sorry to hear that you have to work such hours but glad that you are still getting chance to play ...
Had a good hit with my friend today. He seems to have a similar level of passion for tt as me, so when we hit, I was able to train my forehand counterhit and looping quite efficiently. He used to be the number 2 player in his school team back in HK when he was younger.
One hitting session a week is all I can afford at the moment with work, but today I feel I have a good feel with the bat, and I had some good results. I feel I am about to get more speed with the bat, without much compromise with the spin.
Good times always come to an end... tmr 15 hours of work... have to wait for next saturday to play TT again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Just noticed that ESPN was trying to rank the most dominant athletes across different sports in the ESPN.com era (mostly last 20 years). Number 1 was Tiger Woods but what I found interesting was the argument they used to exclude some sports and I suspect that table tennis would have been excluded for similar reasons - they said that the sport needed about $100mm in revenue from attendance/TV to make the list or it wouldn't be attracting elite athletes. Federer, Messi, Ronaldo and Djokovic make the list BTW... But I just found the approach to dismissing certain people from GOAT debates across sports interesting.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If thats the filter criteria then they should probably include Professional Wrestling as well .. if ad revenue determines what is elite sports , sad times ...
Just noticed that ESPN was trying to rank the most dominant athletes across different sports in the ESPN.com era (mostly last 20 years). Number 1 was Tiger Woods but what I found interesting was the argument they used to exclude some sports and I suspect that table tennis would have been excluded for similar reasons - they said that the sport needed about $100mm in revenue from attendance/TV to make the list or it wouldn't be attracting elite athletes. Federer, Messi, Ronaldo and Djokovic make the list BTW... But I just found the approach to dismissing certain people from GOAT debates across sports interesting.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
If thats the filter criteria then they should probably include Professional Wrestling as well .. if ad revenue determines what is elite sports , sad times ...

That's one way of thinking about it but do lesser sports just as easily draw the highest levels of athletic talent? Remember that one of the reasons why Richard Williams wanted his daughters to play tennis initially was that he felt that they needed true athletes in the sport given the money that was in play.

Btw. In case you can't tell, this is my second pure day away from the table (I dropped off rubbers at the club on Friday.)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I would just scoot the rubber further up on the blade. It is allowable to do that.

If an opponent doesn't like it, then can visit Carl's trap door, just tell them to go to the doorway that has a pile of tuned National H3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
This is my match against the best defender in our league.
Actually I think he is 4th or 5th player of the entire league.
I knew I can beat him, but he turned into attack and eventually I lost.
If you got any advices on how to beat him next time, let me know, thank you ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
If I could I would

Somebody on East Coast infect the man with TT synthetic virus ASAP... or I will have to give it to NL through the mail... but that could take days.

---------------

suds,

you play with the rubbers flush to the handle?

Welp this just happened. :/

It's not a big deal but the OCD in me with rubbers fitting bothers me.

View attachment 15765

I've asked for a refund or replacement of something else. Probably won't happen since it's from China but oh well.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
suds,

you play with the rubbers flush to the handle?

Good question and I could see how that'd make sense but on the backhand side, yes flush with the handle.

On the FH, my black (in my head now. Black always has to be the attacking rubber) inverted side is raised up for the forefinger.

... As I suspected, the ali express seller said it doesn't cover oversized blades. SMH. It's a normal penhold blade. Anyways, it's not like this LP was a big investment. I actually have a shakehand modern defender blade that it'll just bairly fit. So I guess I'll slap it on there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
My "new" old rackets - the BH rubbers are not flushed ... it is way lower, to cut down (pun intended lol) on the weight

Funny, others say red is attacking for color of blood ... others say black is beautiful

i'm used to the 1980's burgundy-ish colors of old 729 Friendship rubbers lol

Good question and I could see how that'd make sense but on the backhand side, yes flush with the handle.

On the FH, my black (in my head now. Black always has to be the attacking rubber) inverted side is raised up for the forefinger.

... As I suspected, the ali express seller said it doesn't cover oversized blades. SMH. It's a normal penhold blade. Anyways, it's not like this LP was a big investment. I actually have a shakehand modern defender blade that it'll just bairly fit. So I guess I'll slap it on there.

Reactions: suds79
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Yeah I hear ya. I only ended up that way because black is supposedly a hair tackier than red. That and if the CNT team does it, I might as well also. That'll help me play like Xu Xin right?? :p

So yeah got used to black being the attacking side and it just stuck. Even when I use to play SPs on the FH and inverted on the BH, it had to be SP black FH, Inverted red BH. SMH. It doesn't make much sense I guess. ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hey guys, I am still waiting for some advices, lol :)

The biggest thing is for you to read the no spin ball. You often do not read it and treat it like backspin. The other thing is to not try to kill the high ball too hard. Just loop it somewhere. It is easy to loop the ball long if you are trying to kill it. Lastly, learn to loop the ball shorter - it gives some choppers serious problems if they don't know how to chop a falling ball and keep it low - your loops were always deep.

There are other things but I am not sure they fit your game.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
The biggest thing is for you to read the no spin ball. You often do not read it and treat it like backspin. The other thing is to not try to kill the high ball too hard. Just loop it somewhere. It is easy to loop the ball long if you are trying to kill it. Lastly, learn to loop the ball shorter - it gives some choppers serious problems if they don't know how to chop a falling ball and keep it low - your loops were always deep.

There are other things but I am not sure they fit your game.

With the no spin ball you are right.
How do I do it?
Other things are good to consider too, thank you!