Back to Forum
Page 527 of 538 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537 ... LastLast
Results 10,521 to 10,540 of 10751
  1. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #10521

    The Following 2 Users Like IB66's Post:

    Takkyu_wa_inochi and UpSideDownCarl


  2. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #10522

    The Following User Likes IB66's Post:

    UpSideDownCarl


  3. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10523
    The pre season league starts tonight for our team. Getting into the right mood by listening to this gem on repeat.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rYI8YTy-U

    The Following User Likes mart1nandersson's Post:

    yoass

    Last edited by mart1nandersson; 08-28-2020 at 08:51 AM.

  4. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,363 2,465
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,465 2,363
    #10524
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    The pre season league starts tonight for our team. Getting into the right mood by listening to this gem on repeat.



    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4rYI8YTy-U
    Even though injured (with a positively grim outlook, at this point), I'm as smitten as you, Mart1n. A simple like button does no justice to this.

    The Following 2 Users Like yoass's Post:

    Der_Echte and mart1nandersson


  5. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10525
    Quote Originally Posted by yoass
    Even though injured (with a positively grim outlook, at this point), I'm as smitten as you, Mart1n. A simple like button does no justice to this.
    Ouch! What kind of injury?

    The evening ended quite ok. I went 2-1. It feels really good to play league again. A small bit of normality in these strange times. I just found out that I will be working remotely until Q1/Q2 2021 so playing a bit of TT really saves my sanity.

    The Following 2 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    NextLevel and yoass


  6. NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 13,387 9,068
    N
    NextLevel is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Master TTD Member 9,068 13,387

    User Info Menu

    #10526
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    Ouch! What kind of injury?

    The evening ended quite ok. I went 2-1. It feels really good to play league again. A small bit of normality in these strange times. I just found out that I will be working remotely until Q1/Q2 2021 so playing a bit of TT really saves my sanity.
    Sanity is greatly underrated in these days of Covid19.

    The Following 4 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

    Der_Echte, JeffM and 2 others

    Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

    "We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training" - Archilochus

  7. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10527
    Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel
    Sanity is greatly underrated in these days of Covid19.
    True. TT is a small blessing in my social life right now. I don’t even get properly upset if I loose any more. I just genuinely enjoy the the brief company even though we’re told to leave the premises directly after the matches.

    The Following User Likes mart1nandersson's Post:

    JeffM


  8. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,363 2,465
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,465 2,363
    #10528
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    Ouch! What kind of injury?
    Oh, still my neck hernia acting up. Same old same old, except that the pain levels go through the roof now, at times. In non-corona times the neurologists/neurosurgeons and the palliative party people might have been a bit more forthcoming. Or available at all.

  9. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,363 2,465
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,465 2,363
    #10529
    I guess I ended out this thread on a bit of a downer. Let me unend it.

    With an increased dosage of pain killers, I fel it worth a try to partner in a training session. After a few minutes, my FH became unhampered and I had a good training session, ending with a few practice matches with (for me) a solid level of play. I think I'll be playing again.

    The Following 6 Users Like yoass's Post:

    Der_Echte, IB66 and 4 others


  10. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10530
    Another league evening and another 2-1 quota. Quite funny as their no1 took notice of my win some weeks ago when I beat the other team's no1 and scored a ridiculous amount of ranking points. He was a bit worried but didn't need to be as he thrashed me. My first encounter with a left handed high level player with short pips on BH. I had absolutely no weapons to counter this. Tomorrow I'm playing for another team two divisions up and will probably face off with the no1 in boys 12 in this country. Good thing that it won't be recorded

    The Following 3 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    Der_Echte, NextLevel and 1 other


  11. piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 71 318
    piligrim's Avatar
    piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 71

    User Info Menu

    #10531
    Anybody knows why I can't change blade and rubbers in personal details? After I press on save it start thinking and stack on this

  12. yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,363 2,465
    yoass's Avatar
    yoass is offline
    says modestly attempting kōhaiship of Jeul-Tak
     
    Master TTD Member 2,465 2,363
    #10532
    I get the same issue, Pilgrim.

    (I actually noticed because I'm dabbling with a T25FX handoff, and a touch of OC led me there.)
    Last edited by yoass; 09-07-2020 at 02:05 PM.

  13. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10533
    Two league matches in two days = woke up with a quite severe tennis elbow for the first time in my life. Luckily I have an entire army of physios and quacks in my phonebook after a fairly long "career" in athletics. I'm desperate enough to even try out nonsense like dry needling and shock wave therapy (even though I know that stretching, rubber bands and stuff is the way to go). The feeling is that it's quite similar to runners knee that I'm fairly skilled at treating myself. Suggestions are greatly appreciated!

    The matches last night were some of the best I've ever played. Two out of three players play in division 3 which is 2-3 levels above me. Division 3 is "national level" meaning people that can actually play TT. I lost all three matches 1-3 but was 11-10 in the fourth against one of the players. A lot of loop vs loop and loop vs chop. I would be quite happy to play such matches forever even though if I would loose them all. I guess that the level of play triggered the issue with the arm as I felt that I had to hit hard as hell as soon as I got a chance to attack.

    The Following 2 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

    SamTheMan and yoass


  14. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #10534
    Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve been able to play!!! The training / coaching sessions that I used to go to before COVID lockdown kicked in have restarted
    tonight it was free play!!!!! no coaching!!!! matches against each other for the last 30 mins, it felt like a celebration of just being able to play again. Everyone’s spirits were high, joyous!!
    It was great to see the other regulars at the session, it’s been about 5 1/2 months since we last played as a group.
    another session is booked for Friday evening and I think this will be a free play session as well.
    The hall has been booked as a block booking for the next 3 months, 2 nights a week, 4 tables 8 players. I think when news gets around the demand will rise, but Thamal the organiser has said that hopefully everyone will get 1 session each week, this week 6 of us are doing both sessions. Nice!!

    Competitive local league matches are way off at the moment though.

  15. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #10535
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    Tonight was the 2nd time I’ve been able to play!!! The training / coaching sessions that I used to go to before COVID lockdown kicked in have restarted
    tonight it was free play!!!!! no coaching!!!! matches against each other for the last 30 mins, it felt like a celebration of just being able to play again. Everyone’s spirits were high, joyous!!
    It was great to see the other regulars at the session, it’s been about 5 1/2 months since we last played as a group.
    another session is booked for Friday evening and I think this will be a free play session as well.
    The hall has been booked as a block booking for the next 3 months, 2 nights a week, 4 tables 8 players. I think when news gets around the demand will rise, but Thamal the organiser has said that hopefully everyone will get 1 session each week, this week 6 of us are doing both sessions. Nice!!

    Competitive local league matches are way off at the moment though.
    So after a really good evening last night, I find myself waking up to the news that from Monday all social gatherings of more than 6 people indoors and outdoors are once again banned in England. So, at best the training sessions will be reduced to 6 players, could be worse!!!!
    UK's infection rate is rising quickly again so something had to give.

  16. Takkyu_wa_inochi is online now
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,515 3,207
    T
    Takkyu_wa_inochi is online now
    says Disciple of OYA sensei
     
    Master TTD Member 3,207 3,515
    #10536
    shitty virus. Is that the new normal ????

  17. cytivrat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 8 24
    C
    cytivrat is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    TTD Member 24 8
    #10537
    Quote Originally Posted by piligrim
    Anybody knows why I can't change blade and rubbers in personal details? After I press on save it start thinking and stack on this
    Try this workaround:
    click on your nickname on top,
    choose "General Settings"
    then you will have huge menu on the left, find "Edit profile" there
    There you will have a lot of different fields including blade and rubbers
    Don't forget to hit save there.

    The Following User Likes cytivrat's Post:

    yoass


  18. mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 751 1,085
    mart1nandersson's Avatar
    mart1nandersson is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Elite TTD Member 1,085 751
    #10538
    Quote Originally Posted by IB66
    So after a really good evening last night, I find myself waking up to the news that from Monday all social gatherings of more than 6 people indoors and outdoors are once again banned in England. So, at best the training sessions will be reduced to 6 players, could be worse!!!!
    UK's infection rate is rising quickly again so something had to give.
    Isn't there an exclusion from the rule when it comes to "organised team sports"? Couldn't you argue that league TT falls into that category?

  19. piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 71 318
    piligrim's Avatar
    piligrim is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Advanced TTD Member 318 71

    User Info Menu

    #10539
    Quote Originally Posted by cytivrat
    Try this workaround:
    click on your nickname on top,
    choose "General Settings"
    then you will have huge menu on the left, find "Edit profile" there
    There you will have a lot of different fields including blade and rubbers
    Don't forget to hit save there.

    Thanks

  20. IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 444 835
    I
    IB66 is offline
    This user has no status.
     
    Senior TTD Member 835 444
    #10540
    Quote Originally Posted by mart1nandersson
    Isn't there an exclusion from the rule when it comes to "organised team sports"? Couldn't you argue that league TT falls into that category?
    Possibly, it's the venue sizes that seem to be the main issue. I think that there maybe minimum space / area / volume stipulations.
    A lot of the 'national leagues' like the one the TTD Team play in would have to be re-formatted because they seem to hold the matches over a weekend at one venue, with multiple teams playing which could be an issue.
    If it was team A v Team B only, there may be a better chance of having matches.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Create a new Topic:
Title is required.