Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Actually no, that wasn't good on my part at all talking in the match like it is friendly club league.

The owners son will soon own me a day others by this time next year. There is no way I will improve at his rate. He already pretty much owns me in league recently. Half of my losses are to him.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Actually no, that wasn't good on my part at all talking in the match like it is friendly club league.

The owners son will soon own me a day others by this time next year. There is no way I will improve at his rate. He already pretty much owns me in league recently. Half of my losses are to him.

Ehh, kids always improve. if the owner's son will own you soon so be it. You won today and that's what counted.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
True and he has already in the time of exactly one year went from unknown/next to zero rating to near 1900, often defeats 2000 level OFF players in U2100ish events. He is mostly there to being a better rated player, but he isn't gunna stop there, that bus is gunna stop at 2100+ by next summer and move on to the next stop. 2200 might be my top end if i really work and fix some stuff, but I will ride my own bus until the wheels fall off... then I will switch to OX LP on BH and park my 225 lb azz at the table and cause trouble there.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
True and he has already in the time of exactly one year went from unknown/next to zero rating to near 1900, often defeats 2000 level OFF players in U2100ish events. He is mostly there to being a better rated player, but he isn't gunna stop there, that bus is gunna stop at 2100+ by next summer and move on to the next stop. 2200 might be my top end if i really work and fix some stuff, but I will ride my own bus until the wheels fall off... then I will switch to OX LP on BH and park my 225 lb azz at the table and cause trouble there.
That's a ton of progress, how old is this kid? where do you think his bus is going to stop?

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
He is 15. No fear to use his FH flip, serve motion is awkward, but effective to many, can get to a fast ball to his semi wide FH and plug it. Who knows how far he will go. Depends on how much he wants to stick with TT. Right now, I'd say he is doing tolerable well, likely to be 2000 rated in a few months if he doesn't have let downs vs the 1800 crowd, which is real tough here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
All that tournament talk sounds exciting!
In switzerland the next season will only start in september, i cant wait to play. havent had any league play or tournament for aaages... Oh and the club will close over the summer as well :(

Oh jea i almost forgot, yesterday i played on the Münsterplattform again and I played with my LP bat, 1,4 mm LP's :D
I got that bat for training purpose so i can learn how to play against defender... The problem my partner is a penholder and cant really play with the long pips. So i mostly just use em on my own and see against what i do struggle.
At its mostly me chopping then the opponent pushing my chop short, then i usually step over or twidle to do a backhand flip. Overall alot of fun :)
Also i somehow despise my wrb handle blade, after playing without wrb for a week it felt so wrong. Just like the ball would break with every shot just too much vibration.

Today i will try to get some running in and basic exercise like pull-ups, dips and core stuff.

Ah and congrats on your win Der_ !! :))

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Btw i heard your league playe is entirely different to ours in europe.

In our league matches we play in a team of minimum 3 people. We then get placed in a league. There are currently 8-9 leagues in switzerland ranging from 6. or 5. League to National League A,B and C.

Your team gets to play enemy teams twice in the season.
A match has 10 matches, 9x 1v1 and one doubles. Each game counts for one point and in the end the team with more points wins the match, depending on how many points you get, you get more league points. The teams are then ranked after those points.

At the end of a season the first and sometime second placed team will rise up into the next league.
Last season i had my first season and we started out in the 5. League. I lost about 4 matches in the first 3 matches. However after that i won everything because my trainingspartner and I started to train. We then won every match after. Now we rose up to the next league and i am rly looking forward to it!

When i get to play league and tournaments again I am going to record as much footage as possible for you guys to enjoy :D

Edit: Every leauge has different groups. Every group has about 8 teams in it, meaning you get to play about 14 matches in a season.

Last edited:
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
Grats on the win. That is very impressive. I hope when I am there in September you can give me some pointers. Today I will be driving my normal twice a week 120 miles to play with the only practice partners besides my robot I have in this area. I am still not very good after my return to playing but I am better than they are so I have to use this approach to get benefit from the play. On a side note I smashed my finger and blade into the table edge yesterday trying to hit a hard backhand and broke my Nexy II blade when it flew out of my hand and into the wall. Cut my finger as well but the real pain was looking at the broken handle. I guess next time I add weight I will do it the Der Echte style and remove the handle to add the weight into the hollow handle pockets rather than drilling into the handle and neck of the racquet...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
ohh my condolences gene :(
What 120 miles? :O The us really is big...

I did my running for today. Seems like i overdid it my legs hurt even while sitting... However im still motivated for training today.
If im able i like to do some footwork drills like the falkenberg and then maybe irregular drills.
And remind me to record stuff as i have bought a SD card for my phone.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
OMG Gene, those are some of the breaks I get with blades. Hope the hand or finger is gonna make it.

Most club leagues group players into similar skill range of 1-2 divisions and play a round draft robin.

The DC area super league is a little more Euro like. There are 4 divisions with 5 to 7 teams. A league season is 3 months or so and 6 sessions. Format is 6 singles and one doubles. Top two teams play for title in each division. Winning team gets some cash. Just about every team has uniforms. Lots of cheering and competing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
OMG Gene, those are some of the breaks I get with blades. Hope the hand or finger is gonna make it.

Most club leagues group players into similar skill range of 1-2 divisions and play a round draft robin.

The DC area super league is a little more Euro like. There are 4 divisions with 5 to 7 teams. A league season is 3 months or so and 6 sessions. Format is 6 singles and one doubles. Top two teams play for title in each division. Winning team gets some cash. Just about every team has uniforms. Lots of cheering and competing.

Sounds like fun!

We also have uniforms, i think its even a rule to have uniforms.
The interesting thing in those leagues is that the skill lvl is very different. Like the last ranked team mostly loses with a clear 0:10 against one of the top three in the group.

Last season my trainingspartner and I helped out in one of our 4. league teams, they hadn't won a single match so far.
We came back to win 7:3 :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As for Gene's video about getting on a table and the player only wants to play matches... This is a very common problem we face. You basically have to give up the mindset of winning. For competitive go for the win guys like me, the first and only instinct is to play to win. It is tough to back off and say to yourself don't worry about results, just work on this or that while allowing opponent something to do. However, backing off the competitive play is needed. Doesn't mean you can't fight in points, but your main objective is to practice a shot or sequence that needs more reps.

Reactions: Shuki
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boogar... it is European and Asian mentality and inclination to wear Uniforms designed for TT... and spend some money on them. USA is like that for every team sport, but for TT, USA people seem to pride themselves on "Rolling Ghetto" to the club for TT action.

It isn't that many of us don't have money, but for some crazy Scrooge reason we are not willing to spend money on looking and feeling good. Many of us spend much money on rubbers trying to find one suitable, but we generally do not want to spend money of one sheet of rubber for a decent uniform jersey.

If you look at pics of a USA club or a tourney, this will stick out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Boogar... it is European and Asian mentality and inclination to wear Uniforms designed for TT... and spend some money on them. USA is like that for every team sport, but for TT, USA people seem to pride themselves on "Rolling Ghetto" to the club for TT action.

It isn't that many of us don't have money, but for some crazy Scrooge reason we are not willing to spend money on looking and feeling good. Many of us spend much money on rubbers trying to find one suitable, but we generally do not want to spend money of one sheet of rubber for a decent uniform jersey.

If you look at pics of a USA club or a tourney, this will stick out.

Jea i already noticed this. Better not alert the Goon squad with buying too much unnecessarytt stuff!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Our Nexyusa.com website has a running promotion on a big discount of shorts and jersey with players name on back custom made for the price of a tenergy... so far no one orders one.

I also get feedback that the shorts, which are normal Euro/Asia length are to short. They are 15 cm above the knee. That is why they are called shorts. USA people seem to prefer the shorts to be 1 cm above the knees.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Our Nexyusa.com website has a running promotion on a big discount of shorts and jersey with players name on back custom made for the price of a tenergy... so far no one orders one.

I also get feedback that the shorts, which are normal Euro/Asia length are to short. They are 15 cm above the knee. That is why they are called shorts. USA people seem to prefer the shorts to be 1 cm above the knees.

I've had the shorts but never wore them to my club because I look ridiculous in them for what USA social standards have trained my brain think of what I should look like.. Good shorts, good quality, just not what USA player's would probably like. The Jersey on the other hand, is top quality and beautiful. I've gotten ton's of compliments on the looks of it alone, but what's best about it is truly the quality of the material.