Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Hi guys, I have just got my new blade glued with my new rubbers.
Harimoto innerforce ZLC + H3 neo Province + Dignics 05.
257302843_216314317300983_2407011659608542032_n.jpg

Coming from Viscaria + H3 neo province + tenergy 05, I am finding this blade very difference to viscaria. It feels quite alot slower, and I am not sure if it is spinnier or not.
What are your experience with this blade?
What adaptation do you need to go from viscaria to this blade?
I am currently in 2/3 of the pennant competition, so I don't think I will be able to adapt to this blade in time, but after the comp, I will see if I can get used to it...

I now remember why I left TTD! You switched to SH!!!!

LOL -- just kidding!!

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
We're playing again. I've opened the club last saturday and sunday, and now enjoy the soreness of my muscles intensely.

As usual, my BH snapped into place quite swiftly. For some or other reason, BH-FH transitions and overall FH timing take a little longer to return, especially when going for power in FH counterspin rallies.

Still: hurrah to the power of googol!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
I haven't had a chance to play tt for too long until today, after some drama with the local pennant last month and a few busy weeks of work.
I played with a few friends who haven't played for month(s), I can tell all of us are so deconditioned, running out of stamina way too early.
It was still a fantastic experience though, made me remember why I like this sport so much, the friendly competition, the spin, and the freedom to experiment and muck around trying to immitate what pros do lol.
Hopefully we can continue to enjoy this sport without covid restricting us further.

This user has no status.
This is my 3rd day training at home, with Huipang.
She is a loud reeking robot who shoots balls at me loaded with an inhumane amount of backspin and without following the oscillation pattern.
Got my feet workin' and did some loop killing, while also perfecting my serve deception on the side.

Omicron case is sharply rising where I am, due to questionable regulations + covidiots importing the case from their overseas travel-revenge after spending the majority of last year "imprisoned" at home. I hence decided to limit my activities outside other than going to work or buying some essentials.

I miss practicing with my coach - at this point, any human, really. The ones in my house have no idea how to wield a blade properly; my wife holds my H301 like a fly swatter and my kid hasn't even turned one yet. However, the little guy has seen me hit the balls and clapped excitedly quite a number of times. I secretly hope that he loves the sport as much as I am so that we can begin training next year....😙

An hour and half self-session followed by coconut water for rehydration afterwards, I took a shower before sitting down with la familia for dinner. I normally had the hi-cals BEFORE practice, but tonight is the other way around. Whilst I am grateful for the health and lovely people I have with me under the same roof... I have to admit that it can be stressful to having to suddenly withdraw from people-activities due to the rising cases, especially I'm in the form of my life, with notable improvements to my game.

Hope this pandemic is over soon! Or else I'll be spending too much time here on TTD 😏

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Found out last night, the dept of parks rec ctr i play at has changed schedules. No more evenings for TT. Only daytime.

:(

Ok, my "club" has adjusted the schedule to Mondays 6-8:30pm. All other days of the week are during the daytime when I am working.

I have been playing the past few Monday nights after about 2-3 months off because i was busy and couldn't make it (when they had 4 nights a week!). My body was initially too achy the days after but finally today, after last night, it doesn't ache as much as before. The human body is an amazing machine, it will get used to many things. Although it took me longer to recover as I am older now.

I have not been playing as well as i was pre-lockdown and after a year or so off from table tennis, pretty rusty.

We used to play in the basement which has low ceilings but great lighting. Now we play upstairs on the basektball court where it is high ceilings but some tables have bad lighting with shadowns. Walls in the background are white and sometimes/many times I have challenges in visually tracking the ball.

My old Taksim blade is well old. A friend mentioned that carbon blades will crack inside over time, or words to that effect. It was a handme down from a friend after his use of it for a few years from the 1980s. My 2 rubbers are old and I have not replaced them yet.

With that said, the equipment junkie bug may have hit me. Contemplating the Hurricane Hao 3 carbon blade with Yinhe Big Dipper for my BH (tried it out from a from a friend as both FH and BH, liked it a lot for my BH - not sure if it is a "FH rubber" or not) and will use MX-P on my FH. But I am still deciding if i really need a new blade as well as saving up for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016

They changed the schedule yet again since the above post. Monday nights only 6:30-8:30pm. Have been going the past couple of weeks.

Found out this past Monday though, in July, they will close down for renovation. Some older post on this thread pre-pandemic, I mentioned they intended to close for renovation. Finally the time is approaching. Not sure if i will continue with TT at another pricier club as my current is only $100/year generally and last year, there was a promotional deal for free membership which I was able to register for. I can go to another dept of parks facility that has TT but it will be a trip and a half for me and time-wise not worth it to go compared to my current dept of parks recreation center which is ~25 mins walking distance.

*SIGH*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2019

They changed the schedule yet again since the above post. Monday nights only 6:30-8:30pm. Have been going the past couple of weeks.

Found out this past Monday though, in July, they will close down for renovation. Some older post on this thread pre-pandemic, I mentioned they intended to close for renovation. Finally the time is approaching. Not sure if i will continue with TT at another pricier club as my current is only $100/year generally and last year, there was a promotional deal for free membership which I was able to register for. I can go to another dept of parks facility that has TT but it will be a trip and a half for me and time-wise not worth it to go compared to my current dept of parks recreation center which is ~25 mins walking distance.

*SIGH*

$100 for a whole year?!?
That is super cheap. That means one dollar per hour, right? I wish we had those prices here in my 3rd world country.
I can't think of any sport or activity here where you play in a venue that has such low prices.

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews

*SIGH*

Sorry to hear Si-hing.
How long will the centre be closed for?
Perhaps it is a sign for you to explore other sites, will be an interesting experience meeting others. But I also understand the longer trip to get there may not be sustainable.

Interested to see how you go.
Keep us updated!

says regularly shitposting
says regularly shitposting
Jul 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I don't know anything about China, and much about UK either.

But i did spend a couple years in London and
if your level is beginner / intermediate, in London,
I can recommend you Chris Beckley, a very kind and dedicated coach, he won the Male Volunteer of the Year Award
[it doesn't mean his coaching lessons will be free for you...]

https://www.tabletennis365.com/CentralLondon/Club/5123/dwFVFBWQrT
https://www.tabletennis365.com/CentralLondon/Club/5835/zvqedMtlEQ

https://www.tabletennisengland.co.u...-awards-winners-revealed-at-centenary-dinner/

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hello good people, is there any good place in UK/China for the coaches' course?
Are you asking for info on where you can find a coach who will help you improve your TT Skillz; Or are you asking about where you can take a training course to become an accredited TT Coach?

The way this is worded, I could see it being either.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi