Results 9,301 to 9,311 of 9311
    1. Top | #9301
      This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member Country: Sweden

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 608 Times in 336 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by NextLevel View Post
      The stroke is actually easier, it is the mindset and reading the spin that may be harder since you aren't using spin or power for safety. Baraty would probably agree with you, but on the other hand, you use short pips so you are always playing the same stroke in some ways.
      I still think many players never will master the short push against serves that have no backspin, because it is too difficult and they do not develop that kind of touch. Think more players will learn to make rather okey flips. Or atleast that is my experience.

Yes, i am talking more about inverted rubber. I can barely do not do the push i think about because the ball slips on my rubber and do not grip well so can not create the spin to make the ball to stop. But then because of the slipping part i do not need to brush the ball as much, just change the angle. And with my playing style i do not do this kind of returns so much. If i can flip the ball well i rather do that, than push short. I also try to do the banana flip and a aggressive push with my short pimple. I am better when i get a somewhat bad loop against me than when i need to do the opening loop. Especially opening loops with my forehand is my biggest weakness and good players can exploit this so i try to avoid this everyway possible.

2. Top | #9302
      This user has no status.

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Korbel JP / IF ALC.S
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena

Reviews
      Read 2 Reviews
      Liked 306 Times in 181 Posts
      I was about to write something about the great time I had during the weekend training in Warsaw but then I saw the extremely sad news that Ulf Bengtsson died today way too early. European champ 1984. RIP.

3. The Following 2 Users Like mart1nandersson's Post:

Takkyu_wa_inochi (1 Day Ago),ttmonster (2 Days Ago)

4. Top | #9303
      says Petit Scarabée

Master TTD Member Country: Japan

Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 80
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Spin Art

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 2,160 Times in 1,027 Posts
      funny I believe the short push taught by Baraty in the video above, would be rather considered as an advanced stroke, here in Japan

The preferred and more basic shot to make a short receive, they call it "STOP" and its really about taking the ball as early as possible and adjusting the bat angle to keep it really short. only on very heavy backspin serve you need to lift the ball a little bit as you do that to avoid a net miss, but its not really recommended to enter the ball agressively with spin for the STOP

thats the one i use most for receiving. I seldom try the (long) push receive on a short ball but i definitely should do it more and practice it more.

5. Top | #9304
      This user has no status.

Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Timo Boll ALC
      Forehand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G1
      Backhand Rubber Nittaku Fastarc G1

Reviews
      Read 16 Reviews
      Liked 11,064 Times in 4,807 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      also wanted to share that. My coach explained me yday how to do a "stop" (2 bounces) receive against a topspin serve to short FH.

this is a rather difficult and semi-advanced stroke, but the FH flick is difficult as well

like all receive to short FH, step towards the ball with right foot (heel FIRST) under the table, and body facing 11 o'clock.
      be very quick because we must catch the ball right after the bounce, with a very light vertical chop, a slightly open wrist and a very loose grip to absorb speed and energy. If you're a bit late, then the receive will be one bounce only, - or worse - ball will come off the table.

If you know already how to do "stop" receive against no spin or backspin, the touch is not so different, just the angle of the racket and that light chopping motion so just try it !
      Did he talk about taking the ball close to your handle? Curious.
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. All spin, no power or footwork.

6. Top | #9305
      says Petit Scarabée

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      No I don’t remember him talking about that detail

I tried today to do the exercise suggested by Eli Baraty in his video to do quality short backspin push. I got 0 on that. Lol
      Last edited by Takkyu_wa_inochi; 2 Days Ago at 01:02 PM.

7. Top | #9306
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Now you can win a spot on the training camp i mentioned before for free!

Follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/japskoimpor...type=3&theater

I think you need to like the page to be able to see it but i am not sure.

What you need to do to be able to win is to like the post and Tag/name three of your friends in a comment. if you share the post it is more likely that you win. Good luck!

8. Top | #9307
      says Petit Scarabée

Equipment:

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      Now you can win a spot on the training camp i mentioned before for free!

Follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/japskoimpor...type=3&theater

I think you need to like the page to be able to see it but i am not sure.

What you need to do to be able to win is to like the post and Tag/name three of your friends in a comment. if you share the post it is more likely that you win. Good luck!
      looks like a Ponzi

9. Top | #9308
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Quote Originally Posted by Takkyu_wa_inochi View Post
      looks like a Ponzi
      I know that it is not a ponzi. I know them and i would not post it if i thought it was a ponzi.

And i Do not understand how you think it can be a ponzi when you Do not need to invest any money.

But i can agree it is proably hard to win because alot of people Will participate because it is a very good deal if you win.

10. Top | #9309
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Belgium
      Equipment:
      Blade Adidas HyperTouch
      Forehand Rubber Joola Rhyzer 48
      Backhand Rubber Joola Rhyzer 43

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 176 Times in 103 Posts
      So here's the situation. Last night was the last match of the season. Two teams from our club were up for the championship in the division. We shall call the teams us and them . We were following them since the beginning of the season in the second place. Before last night, we had 4 draws, 1 loss, and 16 wins, and they had 4 draws, and 17 wins. Given the fact that they have never lost a match this season and they were facing a team from the middle of the table, we were not hopeful about our chances. Now, imagine their team 4-5 behind and the last match is being held at the same time that we are 5-1 ahead and need a single win to win our match. I look from the side of my eye to check the other table, and I see that their last match is 0-2 and 9-3 in the third set, and I think to myself this is going to be a long match. But, when I win the match and look at the scoreboard, I see that their top man lost that set 12-10, so they lost 4-6 in their last match of the season and at the same time we won our match. With equal score it became clear that we had won 5 individual matches more than them, and this is how we became the champions of the division after following them for the WHOLE season! And as a cherry on top, I became the individual champion of the season. It all feels like a miracle in the last minute.

Who said low level leagues can't have drama?

11. The Following 4 Users Like perham's Post:

Der_Echte (1 Day Ago),NextLevel (1 Day Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (1 Day Ago),yoass (1 Day Ago)

12. Top | #9310
      says modestly attempting kōhaiship
      of Jeul-Tak

Elite TTD Member Country: Netherlands
      Equipment:
      Blade Vanity II (D.A.b Studio Custom)
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Rozena, T05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Rozena, Gewo Nanoflex FT48

Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 1,292 Times in 680 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
      I know that it is not a ponzi. I know them and i would not post it if i thought it was a ponzi.
      Yet participating requires not only signing off yourself and what's yours to the Empire that Eats Souls, but surrendering three of your friends to it too.

It may not be easy, but we should start putting a stop to the scheme of abuse also known as Facebook.

13. The Following 3 Users Like yoass's Post:

NextLevel (1 Day Ago),Takkyu_wa_inochi (1 Day Ago),UpSideDownCarl (1 Day Ago)

14. Top | #9311
      This user has no status.

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      I feel that No one is forced to either join Facebook or the chance to win a place at the training camp. Just Tried my friends at Japsko out and give you guys a chance to win a place.

I also Do not think it is very strange that they want you to share it with your friends. Not many people give away something for free. A training camp/ vacation worth about 700 USD is pretty much money so i understand that they want something for it. Think sharing it with your friends is a small price.

But like i Said, everyone should Do What they want to.