Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Sounds good. I feel that so hard of a sponge would be difficult for you If you have trouble moving? Do net get much help from the sponge and less arc so really need to move well, come correct to the ball and Do a correct stroke. But If you play Alot of block and counterlooop the hard sponge Will proably shoot the ball back fast to the opponent.

Well my movement is my movement but my power is my strength. No point focusing on what you can't do all the time, better to hit one quality shot even if the opponent brings it back than to focus on what happens when you are not in position. Usually if you are out of position I am already at a level when I lose the point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I agree that it is better to focus on strengths But are still a sport with Alot of focus on material and try to adapt these to work for us as good as possible. I think it is proably not as much as a problem to be out of position with a little softer rubber. With them you can still make a quality shot. I agreee that you can Do good strokes with tenergy hard But much more diffixult to play with and much more important that the player can stand correct and Do a a correct stroke.

But as long as you feel it works for you! What i remember you play somewhat close to the table so hard Maybe Will work out fine. À friend use dignics. Feels like they are also pretty hard But more grip so
Maybe more forgiving If the player Do not stand correct.

Keep up updated how it works out!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One thing to note, NL is tall and has long arms, so it is a complicated thing to talk about movement. He gets to a lot of things and takes shots from good position and that movement does not seem to me to impact his knees and hips. However, the rotational force of the the stroke impacts his knees, hips shoulders and wrist. But, his technique is good enough that, despite the compromised joints, HE HAS POWER.

And it seems NL has always excelled in play with harder sponges with a little less catapult. I remember back in the day when NL was using Big Dipper and man he got some spin off those rubbers. :)

But I agree that, with that kind of rubber, the enticement to go ballistic and really put power into the ball may compromise that shoulder. I hope not. I would love to see NL play with T05H because it sounds like it is a rubber that is Tenergy and all the things that caused NL to look at other rubbers like MXS, Big Dipper, Xiom O5 Asia, and some other hard rubbers that were not Tenergy. So Tenergy plus that hard sponge that NL seems to favor sounds to me like it may be exactly what the Evil TT Doctor ordered for NL. :)

What say the the left coast chapter of the goon squad Der_Echte? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I hit more shots today that didn't hit the floor until they got to the back wall. I finally have a rubber that with the right shot can blow the ball past some people who back up. I do rally drills but I am really a serve and destroy player. Those who live by the Hard will die by the Hard.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I agree that it is better to focus on strengths But are still a sport with Alot of focus on material and try to adapt these to work for us as good as possible. I think it is proably not as much as a problem to be out of position with a little softer rubber. With them you can still make a quality shot. I agreee that you can Do good strokes with tenergy hard But much more diffixult to play with and much more important that the player can stand correct and Do a a correct stroke.

But as long as you feel it works for you! What i remember you play somewhat close to the table so hard Maybe Will work out fine. À friend use dignics. Feels like they are also pretty hard But more grip so
Maybe more forgiving If the player Do not stand correct.

Keep up updated how it works out!

The rubber doesn't play as hard as its sponge. But it definitely plays hard. But I have been using rubbers that don't help me for a long time. I am a close to the table player and I take the ball early. This rubber is easier to play with than MX-S. MX-K plays similarly but it is slower. I am used to playing out of position with such rubbers - long arms help. But the rubber still spins it just gives you a weaker shot when you are out of position. But the third ball power is what I need since that is how I score most of my points. Rallying is not really in my DNA.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Okey. Since it seems like you are good at killing the ball, training Alot of serves would really make your third ball attack better.

I am somewhat a novice with equipment But the rubber proably suit better or worse to a certain blade. I try softer sponge rubber for baxkhand. Much better since the blade is pretty hard. I try tibhar els at the moment. Great rubber But quality sucks.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2020
When it is warm, just like on the first picture, sometimes you play on tables outside of concrete. One disadvantage is not the tables but the people who put them up - they are hardly ever sheltered from the wind and you could have a fun time playing them - unfortunately there are more days with wind than without it.

This user has no status.
So I am now testing T05 H 1.9mm on FH and BH. In the honeymoon period, it is beautiful. It actually takes advantage of my power because the ball is coming off so fast with low trajectories and deceptive spin that people now have to really work to get to the ball. And the thinner sponge fits my style much better. In fact people hear the wood more often now so they can't tell whether I am spinning or not. MY loop drive and smashing game is far more confident with harder sponge. I hit a couple of balls so hard yesterday on 3rd ball (and they were not high balls either) and I haven't done that in forever because I can't trust my current softer sponge to hold the ball. Pushes are better, and blocks are different. I still hate Butterfly prices, but I have to accept that if I want to improve, I have to squeeze every 2% out of my game.

T05H is the first Butterfly rubber that felt to me like a regular rubber that I can use. I just have to see how durable it is and whether I do not explode my shoulder hitting the ball as hard as I can, which this rubber tempts me to do (it has a nice slow spin gear as well to be fair, though not the level of 05 regular). IT will be interesting to see what happens when my opponents adapt to my new speed/power level.

Do you feel that T05H is significantly different from ESN rubbers in the 53-54 degree range? (Ransanter R53, Omega VII Tour, Nexxxus 53, etc..)

This user has no status.
I hit more shots today that didn't hit the floor until they got to the back wall. I finally have a rubber that with the right shot can blow the ball past some people who back up. I do rally drills but I am really a serve and destroy player. Those who live by the Hard will die by the Hard.

Welcome fellow T05H user. This rubber is very hard to bottom out and plays quite explosively when in proper hands. Liu Juan uses this on her bh. Have fun and stay healthy.:D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Welcome fellow T05H user. This rubber is very hard to bottom out and plays quite explosively when in proper hands. Liu Juan uses this on her bh. Have fun and stay healthy.:D

The backhand counterspin off the bounce is a major strength of the rubber since it doesn't have that stupid catapult that Tenergy usually has. I was countering a lefty looper and I was amazed by how I could jump on his loops and smother them with spin because 05H doesn't seem to send the ball long. Happy to hear Liu uses it, now I have a reference point for some of my ideas.

Thanks for the comments and stay healthy, my friend.;)

This user has no status.
Personally, I think hard rubbers for BH are very good for counterspin off the bounce and blocks, which is my bread and butter on BH... it depends more effort for good positioning on opening loops but can give very spinny openers difficult to block.

Hence my choice of SpinArt. I've not tried T05H but it should be quite similar. I'm expecting D09C to be very good as well. but I am moving to D80 which is available why D09C isn't yet. D80 is a bit softer but i think its a very good rubber as well.

Mizuno Q5 is also a bit similar. Now all major makers have hard rubbers in their catalog because its really adapted to the plastic ball, especially on the BH IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Do you feel that T05H is significantly different from ESN rubbers in the 53-54 degree range? (Ransanter R53, Omega VII Tour, Nexxxus 53, etc..)

The weight of these rubbers in general never let me try any of them. To be fair, if I hadn't gotten 05H originally at a lower price point and was a bit desperate for higher performance equipment, I wouldn't have tried 05H either. But I have always found the spin performance at lower gears for Tenergy to be a major plus point.

Reactions: BryanY
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Yesterday I played a tournament got second in the group stage (group of 6). Ratings where inbetween 1800 -2050ish translated to USTTR. I won 4 games all 3:0 and lost to the strongest guy in our group in four games (he ended up winning the tournament).

I got a walkover in the quarter finals.. (some people are chickens...) and lost in the semis to my teammate. We had very nice game tho, a lot of people were watching and applauding and that while the final rounds of the open category where on the next table :) that made me feel very good. Maybe a bit too much and I tried to much risky shots. > I had a couple around the net shots :D lol

Usually I have problems focusing in matches and I do a lot of silly mistakes, that is why I lose most of the matches. I win the big points and lose the important and "easy" ones. This time I could focus very well and was able to adjust my tactics in games.

I notice that more and more better players are recording their matches... I need to do this again, time to fix my set up!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I went to L.A. over the weekend and did the Westside weekly tourney.

I advanced out of group and lost my knockout match vs Ming Curran, a 2300ish friend I have known for years.

I was at the club a day early after a long 7 hr drive.

Based on how I performed vs Ming and his 2100-2200 friend, it is obvious that my level rose.

I do not think I have played in that club since 2015 where I was 1900 east coast and declining.

I showed Ming enough to have him know my improvement wasn't an accident or a fluke.

I still have so much more to improve.

I score kept the final, can be seen on their club webpage.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hello everyone!
I am back to the forum after a long break. Since the autumn of 2018 I barely practiced, only played league matches, due to university and work. I found a video of me playing, so I decided to share with you. I still don't have time to practice more than once a week, but I decided to do shadow training regularly to improve my shitty footwork. I plan on updating my improvement here for motivation. To be fair, this was our worst match in the year and a pretty frustrating one (pips everywhere, very high humidity) and I wasn't motivated at all (we already lost when I played the recorded matches). I believe I am aware most of my mistakes, but won't be offended by constructive criticism.
I am the guy with the long hair, and I play at: 2:52-5:18, 30:00 - 36:50, 38:58 - 42:20
BTW, we play against the same team this weekend!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You look pretty good. It is nice to see footage of you. I would love to see footage of you playing someone with smooth on both sides, where I am guessing the rallies would be more fun to watch. But you play pretty well in spite of how frustrating it can sometimes be to play against pips.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This user has no status.