Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews

If you moved better you would be able to play more attack all the time. Now you get the opening loop or attack one ball but the next ball you just play soft since you do not move the feet. How do you guys practice exercises? i think it is important at your level that the player that blocks go over and attack if you loop to easy, otherwise you will think that it works in a real match. And try to always go for the loop and not play soft, if you always go for the loop your feet will become faster. Keep up the good work!

I think it's more that I sometimes don't anticipate where the push or where the next shot is going.

We're playing for fun and don't always go full out on every point, we get a bit lazy and mess around like you saw in one of the points. We've played each other a billion times. Right now I train more of the stuff that I enjoy than that I necessarily need 😀. Probably would be good to practicing opening and getting a random block or soft ball without much pace. I always find it a bit difficult to move towards the table again after having moved out. Also, against Nicky, I know that he likes to drift away from the table so I can afford to play soft against him. Against a 2300 rated player I beat the other week I can't afford any soft balls. I don't beat him often (and I'm not at his level), but it's a completely different story there - I wish I had that match recorded.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think it's more that I sometimes don't anticipate where the push or where the next shot is going.

We're playing for fun and don't always go full out on every point, we get a bit lazy and mess around like you saw in one of the points. We've played each other a billion times. Right now I train more of the stuff that I enjoy than that I necessarily need 😀. Probably would be good to practicing opening and getting a random block or soft ball without much pace. I always find it a bit difficult to move towards the table again after having moved out. Also, against Nicky, I know that he likes to drift away from the table so I can afford to play soft against him. Against a 2300 rated player I beat the other week I can't afford any soft balls. I don't beat him often (and I'm not at his level), but it's a completely different story there - I wish I had that match recorded.

Okey! always important to keep having fun! Maybe you can try doing some step-ins at multiball? I think many times you will not have the time to do small steps if the ball comes shorter.

Reactions: Richie and yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
Played a tournament for the first time in 2-3 years yesterday. There were some nerves.. but they calmed down later in the day. I lost in the quarter finals 2-3. But I'm still happy with how I played, it was quite an epic match, got some nice points out of it, this being one of them:

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I had the privilege of playing with Adam Bobrow today. He is still in Tokyo. He offered me a best-of-3 game.

Oh my, i was so nervous to be playing in front of his 500K subscribers, and i played really like shit in G1. to make it worse, i'm a slow starter and i didn't have time to warm up properly; but it was mostly nervousness.

Adam was playing kindly and exhibition, ofc, trying to sting with his snakes or round the net balls, etc... but G1 i couldn't even get his tricky serves back and made so many mistakes.

It was about to be a disaster as well in G2, but finally i managed to calm myself, and play a bit more relaxed. as a result, made a comeback and won G2 in deuce; maybe saving matchpoint iirc.

he didn't step up his game, and i wasn't missing a lot of smashes against his lobbing, and as he wasn't attacking and let me play ...and...i had prepared for this match, by watching his YT videos ! i observed well and in 90% of the time his snakes goes in the direction where the racket ends ! so i anticipated well and killed most of his snakes LOL, i don't think he got even one on me.

However, despite watching his serves, i made a lot of mistakes in G1 and at the end of the match with the nervousness.in G3, he still didn't want to step up his game, so it was as tight as G2. I came back from behind and got to deuce, he got a few matchpoints, but wasted them. Finally got one matchpoint but he got an edge iirc. and i missed a last topspin 16-18...

tbh i didn't enjoy as much as i could have, i was afraid of being ridiculed ! and i wanted b4 the match but unable to execute some kind of trick shot to give him back some of his own medicine.finally i offered him a little present that i think he maybe he liked so much it might even be on his next VLOG !

OFC Adam is popular everywhere so many fans wanted to play with him and Adam was happy to play with them. I feel though he's doing it very professionally. He's a YouTuber, and he's not playing to win ! i even saw him lose a couple matches. But he doesn't care and play the same. He just wants to try as many of his shots, and land as many as possible to put it on his channel. I saw him make a few nice round the nets or trademark wipe-windshield-FH-smash , or snakes ofc !anyway thank you Adam !! it's the highlight of my TT year.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I had the privilege of playing with Adam Bobrow today. He is still in Tokyo. He offered me a best-of-3 game.

Oh my, i was so nervous to be playing in front of his 500K subscribers, and i played really like shit in G1. to make it worse, i'm a slow starter and i didn't have time to warm up properly; but it was mostly nervousness.

Adam was playing kindly and exhibition, ofc, trying to sting with his snakes or round the net balls, etc... but G1 i couldn't even get his tricky serves back and made so many mistakes.

It was about to be a disaster as well in G2, but finally i managed to calm myself, and play a bit more relaxed. as a result, made a comeback and won G2 in deuce; maybe saving matchpoint iirc.

he didn't step up his game, and i wasn't missing a lot of smashes against his lobbing, and as he wasn't attacking and let me play ...and...i had prepared for this match, by watching his YT videos ! i observed well and in 90% of the time his snakes goes in the direction where the racket ends ! so i anticipated well and killed most of his snakes LOL, i don't think he got even one on me.

However, despite watching his serves, i made a lot of mistakes in G1 and at the end of the match with the nervousness.in G3, he still didn't want to step up his game, so it was as tight as G2. I came back from behind and got to deuce, he got a few matchpoints, but wasted them. Finally got one matchpoint but he got an edge iirc. and i missed a last topspin 16-18...

tbh i didn't enjoy as much as i could have, i was afraid of being ridiculed ! and i wanted b4 the match but unable to execute some kind of trick shot to give him back some of his own medicine.finally i offered him a little present that i think he maybe he liked so much it might even be on his next VLOG !

OFC Adam is popular everywhere so many fans wanted to play with him and Adam was happy to play with them. I feel though he's doing it very professionally. He's a YouTuber, and he's not playing to win ! i even saw him lose a couple matches. But he doesn't care and play the same. He just wants to try as many of his shots, and land as many as possible to put it on his channel. I saw him make a few nice round the nets or trademark wipe-windshield-FH-smash , or snakes ofc !anyway thank you Adam !! it's the highlight of my TT year.

Happy you got to play him and enjoyed it. I think people who hang around Adam get a different appreciation of his playing style and attempt to popularize than people who see him on YouTube. Trust me he is playing to win but he wants to win with his style not with the way the textbooks think you should win.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more stars, though the WTT seems to want to destroy the whole thing...

All that said, if you are coming to Houston, hopefully we can hook up and I will see you there. Have to travel with family, but my wife lived in Houston before she moved in with me, so I suspect she will be entirely busy with things not table tennis, while I will literally spend every waking moment at the tournament when matches are being played or players are practicing.

This user has no status.
Bought my tickets for the WTTC in Houston. It is a dream of mine to attend one of these so I was all over it when they said the event was being held in America - made the Women's World Cup in 2016 and I have been looking at going to a WTTTC since it has more matches and in a subtle way more stars, though the WTT seems to want to destroy the whole thing...

All that said, if you are coming to Houston, hopefully we can hook up and I will see you there. Have to travel with family, but my wife lived in Houston before she moved in with me, so I suspect she will be entirely busy with things not table tennis, while I will literally spend every waking moment at the tournament when matches are being played or players are practicing.
Awesome i wish I could go but I live on the other side of the world,
Please update on which matches you get to watch

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
First tournament! Veterans only.

Played solidly, constant for six matches. One narrow loss, against a Russisn giant with the softest hands I’ve ever seen and disheartening retrieval to boot. I put good pace, spin on the ball; high pressure. What I got back was so slow and dead that it was either a second bounce or horribly close to the edge. Disastrous. Even so, I ended a convincing #1.

More important than winning: played well, felt great, no injuries acting up. Good.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews

Awesome, you'll love it! I went to WTTTC in Halmstad with some guys from my club and it was such a nice experience. We went from Thursday to Sunday, the only regret I had is that we didn't stay the whole week. I also wish I could've seen the pros train. There the group stages didn't have much of an audience and you could watch the matches from closer up. It was so surreal to see Ma Long and all the other stars for real. And seeing TT at this level live in person is 1000x better than on screen.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
My knee has been getting better as I persist with the knee exercises.
I don't think it is back to its baseline yet, but I have definitely improved its strength with the physio exercises.

I did a similar exercise 2 years ago with penhold. That time it was all forehands.
This time I am putting a backhand in the mix.

Comments / feedback welcome.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Played in the China Day National Foundation Table Tennis Teams Championships today. Of course, I coerced all the team members to get a professional looking uniform, including player, country, and team lettering. We had 2 groups of 4 teams and 2 advance to semi-finals.

There were 5 teams strong enough in this field capable of winning it all. We had several team vs team matchups go to the final 5th deciding single's match. I was lucky or unlucky to be the final Singles player on the lineup card. Decent crowd that got into it cheering for my opponents. (Who likes watching a fat, 55 yr old dude run around the court and hit topspins anyway?) Both matches went to the final deciding set and I pulled away... but did that only after both opponents won hard fought sets to equalize.

Had an especially difficult match vs a very skilled Medium Pips C-Pen operator, match see-sawed each game and I ended up with the same story, pulled away for a decisive win. I had a left handed doubles partner and we had to face the same C-Pen gent and his partner who would hit any dead ball in a rally into the next galaxy. We played efficiently and got through in straight sets to win the finals.

Maybe update later when I get the pic forwarded to me of the winners presentation. Was a very satisfying tourney to see we could all pull it out, other team members had hard fought wins. We play all of our players and made the lineups to make a balance between getting everyone to play and playing to win. Hard to do that as tourney goes on as there is always pressure to write the lineup card to reflect the strongest players, but I wanted to make sure everyone had their chance to actually play and contribute.

One of the team members is alread an active TTD member and the name of the team (Team TSOS) is none other than Scoobie Doo his self... who had damned well better register and start posting on this forum damn skippy ASAP.

I hope the pics are visible to device users, not only PC users.