Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I’ve been having some health problems recently that made me go lightheaded and dizzy during the match, but slowly I’m getting back in form. I switched from Donic Barracuda to Rakza 7 for the new season, and to be honest, I don’t feel much difference. Rakza 7 is slightly slower and a bit lower throw, but the playing characteristics are very similar to Barracuda. Is it supposed to be like that or am I still not using it to full potential? I also noticed a slight increase in the spin on backspin shots but on top spin shots Barracuda was spinnier.

Suffering from low blood pressure? I've had issues with low blood pressure most of my adult life and the only thing that works for me is salt and plenty of it. I've been prescribed some drugs but they haven't really done anything for me.

Reactions: perham and lVegita
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Suffering from low blood pressure? I've had issues with low blood pressure most of my adult life and the only thing that works for me is salt and plenty of it. I've been prescribed some drugs but they haven't really done anything for me.

Actually the opposite. I have high blood pressure and take medication for it. But indeed the last time I went to my doctor he reduced my dosage because my blood pressure was a bit lower than normal. So if the problem persists, I might just stop taking the medication before the matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2018
I’ve been having some health problems recently that made me go lightheaded and dizzy during the match, but slowly I’m getting back in form. I switched from Donic Barracuda to Rakza 7 for the new season, and to be honest, I don’t feel much difference. Rakza 7 is slightly slower and a bit lower throw, but the playing characteristics are very similar to Barracuda. Is it supposed to be like that or am I still not using it to full potential? I also noticed a slight increase in the spin on backspin shots but on top spin shots Barracuda was spinnier.

Hey perham, good to see you back.

This is kinda silly, but, are you guys eating well?
I had this during matches too and dealt with it with salt for a while as mart1n said. But, in my case the solution was actually pretty dumb. The thing was that I was eating after work, on my way to the club. That means I was eating late. Now I take care to eat 1,5h hours before the training, and eat well. Never had low pressure problems again.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Hey perham, good to see you back.

This is kinda silly, but, are you guys eating well?
I had this during matches too and dealt with it with salt for a while as mart1n said. But, in my case the solution was actually pretty dumb. The thing was that I was eating after work, on my way to the club. That means I was eating late. Now I take care to eat 1,5h hours before the training, and eat well. Never had low pressure problems again.

Thanks buddy!

Indeed I too noticed this has an effect as well. Actually, I don't eat before the matches any more. Normally I eat lunch at 12, and around 4:30pm I drink a cup of coffee, and I start playing at around 7pm. I noticed this way I feel better, and I can always drink a sport drink in between matches if I feel I need a bit more juice to play.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
LOL ... no scope in my small town ... may be walking to lose some weight before I come back .. its hard with all the festivities and the feasting ...
NAH... ttmonster has a Tazmanian - Taz-like dinner feast AFTER the TT is dun.

BTW, ttmonster, you gunna do sum TT on your current Goon Squad mission?

Hah, that rings. ttmonster - the man on a mission.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
yes same here , cannot be more than 2 hours before .. but to each their own..

Duude, that’s a lot of time without eating before playing. If I do that, I will pass out for sure.

Haha I have enough fat around my belly to feed a town [emoji23][emoji16]

I guess each body is different, but eating less than 3 hours before match is a big no no for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Haha I have enough fat around my belly to feed a town [emoji23][emoji16]

I guess each body is different, but eating less than 3 hours before match is a big no no for me.

I have played many tournaments fasting. People don't realize how overrated food is once you are fat adapted.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Crisis. My FastArc C-1 is dead which isn't that surprising as I've used it 6-10h/week since early July (unsure exactly how much as I sometimes fool around with T05 on an identical setup). Played casually with some friends tonight and quite a few shots just failed like they normally wouldn't. The rubber wasn't masquerading my shitty FH technique like it normally does. Quite a few long distance loops didn't even make the net and the setup felt dead in general.

Question to the other FastArc users: Does the C-1 differ that much to G-1? I've got a brand new sheet of G-1 and debating whether it's too similar to T05 (which doesn't work on my BH when I twiddle).

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Question to the other FastArc users: Does the C-1 differ that much to G-1? I've got a brand new sheet of G-1 and debating whether it's too similar to T05 (which doesn't work on my BH when I twiddle).

I don't know about C-1 vs. G-1. But I do know about G-1 vs. T05 and don't consider them too similar, having played both extensively. They share a bit of feeling; deadish on very soft touch, similar in hardness. But T05 activates much earlier in the activation curve (which is not a good thing for me), and carries through just a bit further at the highest end.

The gentler power slope of G-1 is what carries the weight for me. If you have trouble twiddling with T05, I suspect it's because T05 feels too eager, to bouncy, too explosive, in what should be safe play for you — at least, that's what I suspect. True? If so, G-1 might still work fine for you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I don't know about C-1 vs. G-1. But I do know about G-1 vs. T05 and don't consider them too similar, having played both extensively. They share a bit of feeling; deadish on very soft touch, similar in hardness. But T05 activates much earlier in the activation curve (which is not a good thing for me), and carries through just a bit further at the highest end.

The gentler power slope of G-1 is what carries the weight for me. If you have trouble twiddling with T05, I suspect it's because T05 feels too eager, to bouncy, too explosive, in what should be safe play for you — at least, that's what I suspect. True? If so, G-1 might still work fine for you.

Ok. I'll give it a try then.

The issue I have with T05 is when I twiddle to my BH to flick or topspin no spin serves the margin of error is zero. The flick tends to go (very) long. I have no issues with it when blocking or driving during drills but that doesn't really translate to match play.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews

The issue I have with T05 is when I twiddle to my BH to flick or topspin no spin serves the margin of error is zero. The flick tends to go (very) long. I have no issues with it when blocking or driving during drills but that doesn't really translate to match play.

Yeah. Unsafer in delicate matters, requiring more skill than most can muster; that's T05 for me, even though I'm a monster with it in powerloops and against defenders. I hope G-1 works out for you as well; it does for me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
1. hold the paddle lightly
2. start with soft flicks and build confidence , for no spin balls I would try to put a little topspin on the flick to build in some safety instead of trying to flick flat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
1. hold the paddle lightly
2. start with soft flicks and build confidence , for no spin balls I would try to put a little topspin on the flick to build in some safety instead of trying to flick flat

Sure but the issue is that the twiddling puts me into time pressure. I can flick quite ok during multi ball drills and similar. FastArc C-1 is a whole lot more forgiving than T05. You get away with a lot of poorly executed strokes.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Crisis. My FastArc C-1 is dead which isn't that surprising as I've used it 6-10h/week since early July (unsure exactly how much as I sometimes fool around with T05 on an identical setup). Played casually with some friends tonight and quite a few shots just failed like they normally wouldn't. The rubber wasn't masquerading my shitty FH technique like it normally does. Quite a few long distance loops didn't even make the net and the setup felt dead in general.

C1 isn't that different from G1. The biggest things are weight and speed but it isn't like night and day. It is more like an unpaid 7 day vacation vs an unpaid 9 day vacation. There are mild tradeoffs. Both are linear but the dwell of C1 just makes my life easier. G1 is also too heavy for me on oversized blades and I don't think that is a major factor for you with LP.

Currently using Joola Golden Tango. So far it is a pleasant surprise but I do have prior experience with tacky rubbers.

Reactions: mart1nandersson
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
C1 isn't that different from G1. The biggest things are weight and speed but it isn't like night and day. It is more like an unpaid 7 day vacation vs an unpaid 9 day vacation. There are mild tradeoffs. Both are linear but the dwell of C1 just makes my life easier. G1 is also too heavy for me on oversized blades and I don't think that is a major factor for you with LP.

Currently using Joola Golden Tango. So far it is a pleasant surprise but I do have prior experience with tacky rubbers.

I'll give G-1 a go. I've already got the sheet (I split a 4 for 3 deal from TT11 with a friend).

I haven't tried Golden Tango but I gave Tibhar K-1 a go and it was fantastic for about two weeks until the factory treatment faded off. It went from being quite lively to a crappy version of H3. May as well play with H3 then was my conclusion. I had similar experiences with Genesis 2 M.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I'll give G-1 a go. I've already got the sheet (I split a 4 for 3 deal from TT11 with a friend).

I haven't tried Golden Tango but I gave Tibhar K-1 a go and it was fantastic for about two weeks until the factory treatment faded off. It went from being quite lively to a crappy version of H3. May as well play with H3 then was my conclusion. I had similar experiences with Genesis 2 M.

So I guess the key for me is to see how I feel at the end of October or beginning of November. And to keep those C1 sheets ready to go Lol.