Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I wish you could have lent him a decent pair of shorts :) , this guy would even put Jean Michel Saive to shame .. :)

Because I wipe my sweat with the T-shirt I am wearing, you often see my boxers. So I am the last person to complain about how someone looks playing TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I was just joking , of course we are nobody to complain about who is wearing what , however, it was definitely funny and in my experience I have only seen one other person albeit a lady in my previous club who use to wear pants that short ... I am sure it will help the footwork though ..

Because I wipe my sweat with the T-shirt I am wearing, you often see my boxers. So I am the last person to complain about how someone looks playing TT.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Did his tomahawk serves seem legal to you? Specifically the height and angle of his toss? From the angle of the video they look to be not quite legit.

We all have illegal serves. Me I have developed an unfortunate habit of a backward toss that isn't high enough and my had on my backhand serve isn't always in the right place, he has a variety of dubious ones. I just try to play and learn as it is a league match and you never know when or where your struggles will be rewarded in the absence of a good ump at a critical time.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
This guy has the most powerful forehand in the league I usually play at. Enjoy:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tcaR_Kj1oYQ&feature=youtu.be&t=148

I see in your videos that both you and many of your opponents have some good skills, but neither of you have a complete game. For example you have good loops, stable shots during rally, but I feel that you are not friend with short game and your serve receive is a little predictable. I think you should vary the placement and length of your receive more (mostly the backspin ones) and this way you could earn a lot more point.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I see in your videos that both you and many of your opponents have some good skills, but neither of you have a complete game. For example you have good loops, stable shots during rally, but I feel that you are not friend with short game and your serve receive is a little predictable. I think you should vary the placement and length of your receive more (mostly the backspin ones) and this way you could earn a lot more point.

Thanks. You probably just play at a higher level than I do. Most of what I do is typical for play at my level and I don't read serves very well. He rarely served short backspin so I don't think my receive is that bad and most of the serves I tried to keep short, I could not keep low enough to stop him from looping them over the table. I should have looped many many more serves than I actually did, but that comes down to practice and commitment and respecting the defense of the opponent. But my backhand is coming backing slowly, it will show up more and more in matches including banana - and this is without any serious training! This is the last of 5 matches played in one night against opponents at a similar or higher level.

Maybe this is more the kind of game you are looking for:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_n6y_mHrIDQ

Or this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vxL00PS1MfY

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Thanks. You probably just play at a higher level than I do. Most of what I do is typical for play at my level and I don't read serves very well. He rarely served short backspin so I don't think my receive is that bad and most of the serves I tried to keep short, I could not keep low enough to stop him from looping them over the table. I should have looped many many more serves than I actually did, but that comes down to practice and commitment and respecting the defense of the opponent. But my backhand is coming backing slowly, it will show up more and more in matches including banana - and this is without any serious training! This is the last of 5 matches played in one night against opponents at a similar or higher level.

Or this:

To further elaborate, both players above are the best two players in my league on a regular basis. I haven't beaten the first player in probably 2.5 - 3 yrs now, as he is an improving junior/college student - he deliberately tries to push against me but keep the pushes and flat balls a certain quality so that I am not comfortable until I give him an easy ball. The second guy, this is my 4th win over the past 2.5 - 3 yrs and it was probably the most unexpected one. There you see the quality of my short game and in fact, I won largely because of the quality of my short game. I decided that his over the table game on this particular day (maybe he is dealing with shoulder injury like myself) was weaker than usual, and for some reason, when I attacked, he wasn't as consistent as he usually was. So I pushed all the serves short, even if high. And unlike the player in the first video that ajtatosmano2 said was limited, he was missing his attacks. I suspect he will fix this for next time, but for me, it was a good win.

says what [IMG]
I must say that it is very easy to have tight serve receive against worse opponents, quite the contrary when playing people who disguise the serve well enough to fool you sometimes. You don't want to always go in for a very tight and low push because it could suddenly net. Just look at what happens when NL serves backspin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews

Or this:

In the vs. Leshinsky video you did a much better job (didn't see the whole match).

I used to play against trained kids in the training sessions and players weaker than me in the league, which is different than your case.

And reading serves is something that improves only with playing (though you can get good tips against specific opponents).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
TT is truly humbling ... just when i thought i got the touch down for tensor rubbers, i don't

Played 4 matches as PH/RPB last night, lost all 4 ... some at 1 ... LOL at me ... all partners better than me, so i didn't want to waste their time and warm up/play as SH

Ends up i wasted their time anyway as i posed no challenge and they had an easy win LOL ... no video ... had very little highlight-worthy shots, partners had much more lol

Putting the work in, one day i will get the touch of the tensor rubbers ... early in the night, didn't remember to not be as forceful with my strokes, and to just let the rubber/blade do the work ... later in the night remembered that and played marginally better

Tonight, no TT, as NYC Mayor holding a Town Hall meeting at club lol

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
TT is truly humbling ... just when i thought i got the touch down for tensor rubbers, i don't

Played 4 matches as PH/RPB last night, lost all 4 ... some at 1 ... LOL at me ... all partners better than me, so i didn't want to waste their time and warm up/play as SH

Ends up i wasted their time anyway as i posed no challenge and they had an easy win LOL ... no video ... had very little highlight-worthy shots, partners had much more lol

Putting the work in, one day i will get the touch of the tensor rubbers ... early in the night, didn't remember to not be as forceful with my strokes, and to just let the rubber/blade do the work ... later in the night remembered that and played marginally better

Tonight, no TT, as NYC Mayor holding a Town Hall meeting at club lol

you'll get it sir ! its a matter of time

i thought I'd never get it, now i cannot play at all if I was given Mark V or Sriver again... (i grew up with those rubbers)