Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
played a regional tournament yesterday and won both singles and doubles event in my class =)

well done FZD !

had a mini-tournament last Thursday, organized by a TT school, not a very high level but won for the first time !! :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
So tell us a bit about yourself, then!
Hi sir, Im Firman, I am 15 years old and started playing table tennis when I was 13 years old, I am trying to improve my technique to be better and nice. Posted a video of me playing you should check it out and comment on it, I am trying to put away all the bad habits when I started playing

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi sir, Im Firman, I am 15 years old and started playing table tennis when I was 13 years old, I am trying to improve my technique to be better and nice. Posted a video of me playing you should check it out and comment on it, I am trying to put away all the bad habits when I started playing

Thank you, Firman. I'll have a look and no doubt many others will as well. And provide constructive criticism only, of course. Welcome!

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Visited another club in my area for the first time, and enjoyed it. I actually decided to join! It sounds like they have good coaching available as well so I'll be looking to organise some soon.

Old Chinese men playing penhold are still my nightmare. This opponent I played controlled the game completely and blew me off the table. I don't think I was able to play more than a couple of shots the way I wanted to.

The advice I get is similar: good serve, forehand that has spin but usually arcing too high and slow, weak backhand with not enough follow through. In fact, pretty much rubbish table tennis after the serve haha.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
introduce me, haponi from indonesia, i am a table tennis player. but unfortunately in my country there is no online forum like this. hopefully i can get friends in this forum.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
introduce me, haponi from indonesia, i am a table tennis player. but unfortunately in my country there is no online forum like this. hopefully i can get friends in this forum.

Welcome to the forum, haponi.
There are a few members from your country on this forum. Hopefully they'll read this and reply.

Have a good time while here

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Match Update & something I've learned of recent:

Match:
Well I'm very happy that after a year plus of trying, I finally beat my training partner & best mate at club last night 3-0.

I also took a game off the best player at our club who is currently USATT 2157. Came up just short getting two off him that I think he won 13-11?? Anyways, Played well.

Still playing my same ole but best setup of Penhold inverted FH, LPs backhand for the occasional RPB LP chop-block, service return, etc.

Something I've learned: (largely the reason why I was able to beat my partner finally)
So about a month ago, I was playing a really good, old experienced penholder who I think was practicing something in our match because the tactic seemed so bizzare to me. He was literally pushing every serve I gave him. I read this and thought, "okay side/top now and I'll 3rd ball this pop-up." To my surprise, he was able to push this and keep it low. The combination of my side/top continued with the aid of his push returned one of the spinniest backspin balls I've ever seen. I really had a hard time looping that back in and that just so happens to be my bread & butter.

Anyways, between that experience and some videos I've seen online, I've changed my thinking of "If ball is off the table or if you get some form of top, always attack & loop". This kind of thinking probably makes sense on the pro level. But at the intermediate level? Guess what. People don't have the same footwork, or fitness or a lot of times proper form. In other words, their likely hood of sometimes missing can be pretty good if you put them in a bad spot or make them move or load up the spin, etc.

So I've worked on playing more conservatively & balanced and it's paying off. It's making my game more unpredictable. If you give long topspin, maybe I'll LP chop-block it, Maybe I'll inverted chop or push it (you can really load up the spin with inverted) or maybe I'll attack. Anyways, it's kinda given me a safety net vs serves where I'm returning them at a much higher % and simply getting into the point. I'm excited to see where this goes.

I'm not going to suggest I can do this like what's demonstrated here but I think the technique or touch required to do this reminds me of what Can was doing vs Dan here. So it can be done.

Go to 9:09 in the video for his excellent demonstration.

Last edited:
Reactions: hillwalker
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Concluded the season by taking part in a closeout tournament, played for the cup. We won that cup last year.

Made it to the finals once again, quite convincingly. Lost two matches in the qualification and knockout rounds, after achieving a 100% win rate in the competition - but then lost that final. Bested an opponent for which my summary pre-match research turned out interesting footage of him meeting JO Waldner in a hardbat match, got utterly destroyed by a national division level player whose spins (to me) recalled a 2011-era ZJK. Left the match with the nagging sensation that we should have taken it. I ended as with the #1 percentage in that cup tournament as well - but there's little consolation in that. Ah well.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Had a few MyTT forum members play the round robin.

6ee294299d4598ce648a84005b7be7b4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Last edited:
Reactions: Boogar