Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Change the rubber before teams. You don't want a big chunk to come off at the tournament. If nothing else you will be thinking about it. Slap some new dignics 80 on there and feel good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Since I have been pretty interested in pimples and have used short pimples i know What they mostly suck at haha.

They even Do this alot against Falck. If you serve long or push long With quality against their short pimple it is very difficult for them to get a quality opening. The rubber is not made for this. Falck have problem with this, i have problem with this, a friend of mine that play the second highest leauge have a problem with this. My friend have dubble pips so he want to to avoid this ball at any cost. People often exploit this against Falck. They know the opening are so so, so they counterloop it hard.

Short pimples are also in general useless if you take the ball below the highest point because then you need to loop with a rubber with little grip. Really rubbish. Short pimple play is also alot about timing. So if you vary the placement and tempo alot the pimple player Will have trouble with the timing and hopefully moves bad and is forced to lift the ball since the ball is below the highest point.

Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Since I have been pretty interested in pimples and have used short pimples i know What they mostly suck at haha.

They even Do this alot against Falck. If you serve long or push long With quality against their short pimple it is very difficult for them to get a quality opening. The rubber is not made for this. Falck have problem with this, i have problem with this, a friend of mine that play the second highest leauge have a problem with this. My friend have dubble pips so he want to to avoid this ball at any cost. People often exploit this against Falck. They know the opening are so so, so they counterloop it hard.

Short pimples are also in general useless if you take the ball below the highest point because then you need to loop with a rubber with little grip. Really rubbish. Short pimple play is also alot about timing. So if you vary the placement and tempo alot the pimple player Will have trouble with the timing and hopefully moves bad and is forced to lift the ball since the ball is below the highest point.

Good luck!

Does Baal have rules on insider information and illegal transfer of interests?

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
i didn't report earlier but i had a tourney last Saturday. It was at the school of my coach. I knew nobody there and ended up warming up with beginner kids, which was pretty useless. so i didn't feel very confident at all when facing my first opponent. I was also nervous as it was the first time i would perform in front of my coach.

The result was an absolute disaster. I lost 0-3. I don't even know how good was my opponent. I just know I made a lot of mistakes, especially in receiving short backspin serves in the net, they always were much more backspin than i thought. I did score a few points, when i managed to attack first, i usually scored the point, which means he wasn't that good at blocking or rallies, but i gave like 3-4 cheap points on his serves per game - he even aced me several times with long topspin serves. I made a lot of unforced errors in 3rd ball attack too. Overall, I wasn't thinking straight and couldn't stay calm and slow down just to put the ball back on the table and test the opponent and see what he can do with the ball. or couldn't just relieve the stress and think about simple things like keeping a good posture.

The other match didn't matter it was against a 12 (?) yo kid and i won easily. so at 11am it was already over for me. I was so pissed off i didn't want to see the rest of the tournament and how my opponent did in the KO tournament. All i know is he got knocked out in the first round, but his opponent seemed good.

i had to wait till 5pm for the BBQ scheduled after the tournament. It was ridiculously priced, but i wanted to go there just for being social; Alas because of the high price almost nobody showed up. Also, it is not convenient at all to go to the school so i paid a high taxi fare on both ways.

The whole thing was definitely one of my worst TT experiences in recent times.

Strange that 1 week after my best performance ever in a tournament, here is one of my worst one ! Its like I was in level 500 points apart in those matches.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
i didn't report earlier but i had a tourney last Saturday. It was at the school of my coach. I knew nobody there and ended up warming up with beginner kids, which was pretty useless. so i didn't feel very confident at all when facing my first opponent. I was also nervous as it was the first time i would perform in front of my coach.

The result was an absolute disaster. I lost 0-3. I don't even know how good was my opponent. I just know I made a lot of mistakes, especially in receiving short backspin serves in the net, they always were much more backspin than i thought. I did score a few points, when i managed to attack first, i usually scored the point, which means he wasn't that good at blocking or rallies, but i gave like 3-4 cheap points on his serves per game - he even aced me several times with long topspin serves. I made a lot of unforced errors in 3rd ball attack too. Overall, I wasn't thinking straight and couldn't stay calm and slow down just to put the ball back on the table and test the opponent and see what he can do with the ball. or couldn't just relieve the stress and think about simple things like keeping a good posture.

The other match didn't matter it was against a 12 (?) yo kid and i won easily. so at 11am it was already over for me. I was so pissed off i didn't want to see the rest of the tournament and how my opponent did in the KO tournament. All i know is he got knocked out in the first round, but his opponent seemed good.

i had to wait till 5pm for the BBQ scheduled after the tournament. It was ridiculously priced, but i wanted to go there just for being social; Alas because of the high price almost nobody showed up. Also, it is not convenient at all to go to the school so i paid a high taxi fare on both ways.

The whole thing was definitely one of my worst TT experiences in recent times.

Strange that 1 week after my best performance ever in a tournament, here is one of my worst one ! Its like I was in level 500 points apart in those matches.

I am speculating alot here But i think We can notice that preparations and psychological aspects influenced your result here.

I can imagine that you dis not play welll due to not to be able to warm up well.

I also think the fact that you wanted to play good infront of your coach and it was an new environment Maybe you got nervous, anxious and overaroused which proably made you tense and your game suffered.

My experience tell me that sometimes when it feels really bad the opponent actually arr doing something good that makes us play bad or have a hard time finding our play.

Also interested in if you only practice with the coach and if you Do mostly multiball? I think if you Do not play many different opponents it is hard, espexially in Serve and return when you meet someone new. And if you Do mostly multiball i think it can be difficult to play regularly because the ball bounces much more different all the time.

I think it was good that you went there anyway. We always learn something even from bad experiences. Keep up the hard work!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
no i play with the coach only once a week. With the current coach I don't do multiball because I've changed coach a few months ago, and we train in a public center in a very big space with many players around, its not very convenient to pick up balls everywhere and its also disturbing other players. If its empty its possible though.

The other days (maybe 2-3 times a week) i play with my teammates or anybody else.

Yes the physical and mental preparation wasn't good. I think my body was tired as well on that day. Repeated lack of sleep took its toll, finally. I know i didn't feel well despite having had a good morning lunch. I think the opponent was good and I may have lost anyway, but certainly i would have put a better fight. In last week's form no doubt i would have won.

Tournaments are hard. But its not like the 1st time i go in a tournament. I just have to make sure I'll be better prepared next time. Physically and mentally. and not let a few minor details affect my performance. Get to know myself better and how to quickly enter into a match even without much time (or no time at all) playing at the table. Because it happens all the time here.

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
sleep, eat, warm up, find correct arousal and stuff We Do beforehand and during the tournament i think influence the performance alot more than people want to think. Hope you sleep better.

Another subject! TT11 have a pretty good price on Stiga DNA i think. Thinking about ordering. Thoughts?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The short hit I had with DNA pro... to me the rubber felt like a modern offensive control rubber.

Think of something in the class of Vega pro or Tibhar Genius. Not same dynamics, but same class. Not a super fast top end, but great control.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lula
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Change the rubber before teams. You don't want a big chunk to come off at the tournament. If nothing else you will be thinking about it. Slap some new dignics 80 on there and feel good.

I use water based glue to repair it and it comes together fine. Nothing is coming off, it just looks a little rougher. Because of the gash. I did switch to my Carbonado 190 after and still managed to win the match 3-2 (after losing the first 8 games 0-3, 0-3 and going down 0-2). I suspect that I will be fine at the Teams with either blade.

And don't worry you will change to Dignics before I do.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
sleep, eat, warm up, find correct arousal and stuff We Do beforehand and during the tournament i think influence the performance alot more than people want to think. Hope you sleep better.

Another subject! TT11 have a pretty good price on Stiga DNA i think. Thinking about ordering. Thoughts?

No point changing to a rubber you haven't used enough to decide for yourself. If not, just try, no rubber can be so
bad for your level that you can't test it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Yes try them all, nothing satiates curiosity except knowing! But I think you will eventually conclude that most rubbers are more alike than different...

Still, curious what pips you are using on the forehand?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I played league at Lily Yip TTC. The league ends too late on Friday night for me to attend regularly since it is 1.5 hr drive from my house and often ends after midnight. Likely because of the upcoming NA teams event, there was significant attendance. I went 7-2 playing in group 3. Prova ky topped the group but maybe not. Lost my first March in 5 to a junior chopper and lost to an old nemesis deuce in the 5th. But terrorised many juniors as well.

This is a win that DerEchte will especially appreciate. The win is arguably in his style and a reminder that long pips will not automatically insulate you against good serves. The opponent is SP FH black, LP BH red.

https://youtu.be/XRDGaDVVOpY

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Just had a 2.5 hr training session with coach. I can feel the bh improving, more consistent in looping backspins + topsins. Changed my footwork for looping backspins by having the right leg slightly in front for FH and BH.

I think I am gaining more confidence with the BH now. After the pennant match on Tuesday, I played last night at a social session, and then today had training. 3 times tt in a week for me, quite alot for my schedule, but I think this is good for me to gain the BH confidence and to use what I trained in games more effectively.

Apparently there is an End of year comp, so I might join that to get some more match experience. Very likely to lose on my first match, but whatever lol. At least something to work towards.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Played my last prep league in anticipation of the NA Teams on Tuesday night. I have probably played a little too much but it has been fun. My knees and body are sore as hell. My shoulder is probably the worst. But all in all, I am pretty close to my 2100 peak in late 2016 and early 2017 before my body just started falling apart in the second half of the year despite a decent 2017 Teams event.

Serves are better but still need more practice. Control f topspin is better and I have a bit more variation. Serve return and forehand topspin are still issues but basically it is going to be an interesting tournament and I am probably playing in too low a division for my current playing level. My main teammate who I picked my playing division level to accommodate got a hernia so he can't play. So I am probably playing at a higher level than the rest of my team by about 150 pts. That said we have to play the matches and other team members may be less exhausted and much sharper.

In league on Tuesday, I beat a guy who was definitely rusty, but when he was younger, he was an Indian junior national team level guy. Best close to the table.backhand play I have dealt with in my experience. He usually beats me like a drum, but his rust from not playing in a few months showed (for perspective, he still beat the top guy in the grou with his game). This time his 11 year old son, who would be on the American team for his age group if he was eligible by nationality, did the honors of drumming me into submission. Kids are too freaking fast.

I also beat the medium pips penholder for the third time straight. He came out for revenge but after losing the first game, I managed to pry the gunpowder and muskets out of his hands and serve justice.

Lost to my buddy again, a reminder that my serve return and rally game needs some work. But it was a good day al in all. I just have to be careful not to fall into the Zhu Yuling trap. Don't look for too many solutions just commit to posting your opponents problems by making quality shots.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I injured a little bit my shoulder. first alert last week when i missed a FH smash. I played normally this week for 1 hour when suddenly it started hurting at the same spot. I stopped playing FH and just blocked with my BH for a little more before going home.

I don't think its that bad, i'll give myself a 1 week rest, and hopefully it will recover. its a reminder that I'm not young anymore and that I need to take care of my body.

Reactions: NextLevel