Daily Table Tennis Chit Chat

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
COL Trautman said:
The guy took KZ too to 5 games in the open Semis and the thing about the first match that I lost 0-3 was that after I played it, I just didn't feel bad about how I played. All the games were 2 point margins and I felt with a bit more consistency here or there, I should have won all of them. In the first match, my serving got a bit too predictable and I didn't adjust after he adjusted. I had more variation with my serve placement in the second match.

KZ is another one of those 1800s rated players who are truly 2000+ level. He has been rated in 1800s for a long time, he is the one I lost to in Jan 2016 HCTTC tourney on my first match in 5 sets... he had 5 net/edge balls that game 5, but he still deserved to win. I got my revenge vs him in the 2016 Smash TTC Giant round Robin, he was in my Giant RR A Div group. I won 3-1, but KZ is TOUGH and can rally and do just about everything. He defeats 2000 players regularly, but loses enough vs the ringer 1800 crowd to keep his rating down. After the GRR, his rating went up to almost 2000, just short of it, which is just short of his consistent playing level. Dude is 2000 level player easy or I eat my hat.

OH, his team made really cool looking uniforms for his Smart Spin team for Capital Area Super League.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
New discussion from shuki time!

You get to a level where you can see whenever your opponent mishits, hits the edge of their Raquet, their finger or whatever.

Now for me, I assume my opponent is also able to see when I mis-hit. But I often make a point to mention that it hit my magic finger or apologize. Do you guys just let it pass or do you also mention it?

Mostly just subject changed because I got uncomfortable for some reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says what [IMG]

You get to a level where you can see whenever your opponent mishits, hits the edge of their Raquet, their finger or whatever.

Now for me, I assume my opponent is also able to see when I mis-hit. But I often make a point to mention that it hit my magic finger or apologize. Do you guys just let it pass or do you also mention it?

Sent from my censored using Tapatalk
If something really exceptional happens and I win the point with a rubbish shot due to that, then I will mention it. Otherwise I assume they saw it, because I sure as hell see all the fingers and whatnot. Most of the time it just lowers quality drastically, doesn't seem too effective after you get used to reading the ball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
I always point it out if I feel that is what got me to win the point, especially if my shot would have been handled easily.

Some styles get more nets some get more edges. I think my strokes get more fingers. So I always figured if people apologize for nets and edges I should do the same for finger nonsense. More than 50% of my fingers land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OldschoolPenholder
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
Thanks for the theme change :)

Carl i agree with you and I have to say that my words may have been understood different by you than i meant them to be. I will blame the language barrier :)

I didn't want to make such a strong point with saying its absolutely not a good thing to do more than 8 seconds.

Trying to make it sound right: If you do too much physical taxing multi balls your trainee gets tired. So you can't do too much of them.
I agree that you should involve some of those in the multiball session.

Also i appreciate your view on things as you have a lot more experience than me in table tennis and also in teaching people.
I shouldn't be too stiff with telling stuff i have heard.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews

Mostly just subject changed because I got uncomfortable for some reason

Sent from my using Tapatalk

Jea i mostly apologize after, but not as strongly as after a edge or a net ball. Don't know why.. maybe because its more random and the balls are mostly misses or easy balls for the opponent.

EDIT to not post a third time in a row:

Back to the Thread theme. As some of you may know I am in the Swiss army service until the 17. of September.
So no training for me unfortunately. In addition i will have a tournament the 11. of September and will play without any practice. I'm not sure how i should feel about it.
I don't really have anything to lose than tt points, on the other hand it might be a good experience as I am going to play without any expectations. Well I have some buried down... but without training its going to be hard.

One big plus is that the location I am staying at has a tt table. Not the best one but enough too train serves and have some fun matches with other people. I even found out that one of my roommates is a former Swiss junior vice master. But that's a long time ago and he isn't rly good anymore :p Still fun to play with.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
You would be surprised at the results , if you go to the tournament with zero expectation and just to have fun. I have done that one time and it was my best performance in tournament till date, so I will wish that for you ... :) , best of luck

Ah and I will try to record all my matches!

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
yes, I realized it while I was writing , but I thought what the heck , he will not get lactic acid in his brain, he will stop the opponent whenever a rally goes beyond 8 seconds .... :rolleyes:

Ah and I will try to record all my matches!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
yes, I realized it while I was writing , but I thought what the heck , he will not get lactic acid in his brain, he will stop the opponent whenever a rally goes beyond 8 seconds .... :rolleyes:

Ouch! :D You will wake up the 12. to find your mailbox full of 8 second videos :)

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Boogar, during the 2 years I lived in Upstate New York with zero TT near me, I did a few tourneys a year anyway.

One of these tourneys, when I was about a year or so out of the game, I did my best tourney reaching the Open Finals.

Relax and enjoy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Now you have successfully scared me boogeyman , I actually posted and had a nice 2 hour long weekend nap , scared to check my mail box now !!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Was the floor too slippery for your shoes ? If so , try to use a wet paper towel to dip your toes in ... both Shuki's and Archo's comments are valid by the way . But it all depends on the current condition and muscle strength of your knee after your operation ... I would say just focus on swinging with your hips , less arm and focus on spin . I know you like hurricane , but it might be worthwhile to try something else to see if it helps you in generating more power without using so much arm ...