says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I kind of had to laugh at the video because I have experienced it.

I have played against several US team members and some Chinese provincial team members who are far from as good as Dima. They always make regular guys look really bad. It is hard to explain unless you've experienced it. The most innocent looking stuff they hit is simply not that innocent, like Brittany Spears long ago. Spin is huge and they seem to place the ball in uncomfortable places and you simply can't hurt them becasue they know where you are going as soon as you hit the ball at the latest.

says Aging is a killer
sometimes it's not nice

I kind of had to laugh at the video because I have experienced it.
........ The most innocent looking stuff they hit is simply not that innocent, like Brittany Spears long ago. Spin is huge and they seem to place the ball in uncomfortable places a........

Very good players simply serve you down and hit or place the ball past you. No issues.
The level above that is as Baal says. I am like a bystander, I see what's going on but it's as if I am frozen in my stroke play. Once I hurt my shoulder trying to adjust to a an incoming ball to my body that was high throw yet corkscrewed (kicking?) from my left side into my right shoulder area.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Really enjoyed your match with Ovtcharov))) do you reckon you could take him closer if you had really had time to warm up? also, how would you contrast playing him vs Apollonia?)

Also, what is the name of the track in the Xuxin and Malong training vid in Japan clip you have up?))

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Dan, I know you got steamrolled but your counter-topspin was NICE!

Haha I am happy I got that shot in there otherwise it could have well been 11-0! :D

Ah man, I thought it was gunna be 11 to Minus three, but it was 11-2. Dima did give him two points, so it was actually 11 to Minus two, only one off, darn. :D

Haha Der! Thanks for your confidence in me :) I don't blame your prediction however, its quite understandable :D

Of course when you see a score like 11-2 that makes you smile, but then you start asking yourself if you would be able to win at least these 2 points against Dima. I guess I wouldn't :D

I was thinking if I could replay the set again, I think it would be 11-2 or less very often :D If Dima really wanted to none of us would get a point :)

Dan it seems not many attacking and strategy not many moves... Dima mastery of the field stands out it so easy to carry out attacks...

Yeah he has so much variation. Notice at 6-1 he did a long serve into my body and I made an error, then the next serve he went down the line to my forehand. He completely tied me up. The thing is I thought the serve was going to be short and then it comes long like that!

Really enjoyed your match with Ovtcharov))) do you reckon you could take him closer if you had really had time to warm up? also, how would you contrast playing him vs Apollonia?)

Also, what is the name of the track in the Xuxin and Malong training vid in Japan clip you have up?))

Thanks Jedi, I think even if I had a warm up it would have made no difference in score. Perhaps my performance might have been a bit sharper but that would have not effected Dima one bit I don't think. If Dima really wanted to I would not get a point or 1 if i'm lucky. You see it even in the World Tours in the first few stages the real top pros absolutely dispose the pro's so what chance do we have a :D

I actually found Tiago easier due to his playing style. I think because Dima started with his wild serves it was very hard for me to predict anything. Tiago used are a bit more traditional serves and game play. However both players were insanely tricky as expected. Apolonia played with more spin at times I feel and Dima plays with lots of spin also but with more power.

ITTF actually made that clip. I just shared their instagram video so I am unsure of the music used sorry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews

The song is called Intoxicated

Reactions: jedimasterplk