Me playing! (update+tips)

I know that my style is noobish ..... but can i get anytips from u guys??
BTW i recorded this when i found out that my rubber is disconnected halfway from my blade:))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
As a kinda developing player, I couldn't see much..
Because your defender friend always give easy balls.
Even his pushes are high and his forehand chop is way too easy to be slapped.
Is he a defender by nature or he is inspired by some defensive players.
Tell your friend to widen his stance.

Thats why highlights is not that beneficial for correction. I can't see too much flaws :p
Nice consistent forehand as always (y)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Renz!

You have improved loads! Is that a Stiga wrist band your wearing ? :p

What I think you can improve on hugely is your base. You have a great arm. You need to try and focus more on your movement. When you spin the first ball, bend low and transfer your weight better (right handed, so bend your right leg and a little left and transfer over). This will give you a lot more control into your shots as the body and legs will be more involved. At the moment your arm is doing a lot of that at the moment.

I like your backhand flick, thats going well. When you use this shot, try and recover for the next ball with a strong forehand.

Other then that, for now keep working hard, serve practice and working on your positioning in your shots and you will go far my friend!

PM me your address and ill send you a TTD Tshirt which you can where for your videos :)

Great stuff!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Hello ...
This is why I observed .. both +ves and -ves ... but take it with a pinch of salt ( since I am just 6-8 months into pursuing this sport semi seriously ) :
+ves first
1. Your overall form is very good ... it shows that you are trying to play with proper form
2. You are concentrating to put the ball in the table with smooth actions .. which is definitely the way to go
3. Foot work is good , but as Yosua said ... need to see you playing with somebody with attacking style for us to comment more or make sure 1&2 is indeed working when you are left hurrying for time .. your friend is primarily a chopper who needs to put more rotations on the ball ... it should not be that easy to hit a defender's chop
-ves
1. absolutely with Dan on this , you need to crouch down further .... that will help you transfer your weight and put more rip and control on the ball .. table tennis is easier for shorter people in terms of putting stress on the back and legs ... but when you grow above that height its best if you can keep your head at a level where the top of the net and the end of the table is in your line of vision
2. DONOT try to loop balls above your chest level ..... that is only for smash
3. NEVER think your shot is not going to come back ... so try prepare for the next shot irrespective of what your last shot was
and also ... you can't serve tomahawk standing up .... you are getting away with it because your friend is a not attacking your serve ....

So .. keep working at your game ... keep thinking what you might be doing wrong or where you could improve .... and all the best !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
1. Concentrate on your footwork and posture. Like others pointed out, you need to bend more at the knees. Check out Timo's posture.
2. Dont turn around after smash. you need to complete the swing just in front of ur face.
3. Backhand to opponent's forehand not as lethal as Backhand to opponent's backhand. Your BH is strong so try smashing or BH topspins too.

Overall you are playing really good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Honestly, I pretty amazed that you keep improve your game. But this time probably you will want to focus to work on your footwork a little more, since your FH is more consistence (although not yet extremely good).

The other thing probably just keep in mind that try to expect your opponent will return every ball. The only problem I can see is that your partner's level is definitely much lower than you, most of time, you lose the point from some unforce error. So, try to see if can get some one who is on par with you and see what is the result.

Thanks so much guys I'll try to keep in mind the tips that u gave me :))))))))
Not to mention the stance and bending thingy+ the backhand.....
@ sir papang....whats ur real name sir? and when will u visit our club pls text me 09272114967
@sir Dan- OMG TTDaily t-shirt!!!????? free!!???? ok... address sent! :)))))

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
Hey Renz!

You have improved loads! Is that a Stiga wrist band your wearing ? :p

What I think you can improve on hugely is your base. You have a great arm. You need to try and focus more on your movement. When you spin the first ball, bend low and transfer your weight better (right handed, so bend your right leg and a little left and transfer over). This will give you a lot more control into your shots as the body and legs will be more involved. At the moment your arm is doing a lot of that at the moment.

I like your backhand flick, thats going well. When you use this shot, try and recover for the next ball with a strong forehand.

Other then that, for now keep working hard, serve practice and working on your positioning in your shots and you will go far my friend!

PM me your address and ill send you a TTD Tshirt which you can where for your videos :)

Great stuff!

OOO ! TTD Shirt ! I want one soo bad :(