This user has no status.
Here are the semi interesting ones I have -

IMG_0262.JPGIMG_0263.JPGIMG_0264.JPGIMG_0265.JPGIMG_0266.JPGIMG_0267.JPG

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
says Aging is a killer
Lion ball

Soon after the 40mm ball was introduced, I went to training but forgot to pack my usual Nittaku. I bought a packet of 6-pack Lion brand just to play with for the day. After that it went to the varied pile in my robot which then went to the robot at my club.
Recently we finally went to 40+ balls in the club's robot. In clearing the old balls I found that two of that original 6-pack had survived. That's >15years of robot play. Amazingly, it still spins without wobble.

Lion 40mm ball.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
To the original poster how did you make the display case?

I am just speculating, but I guess drilling a small hole with a regular drill to the plank would be enough to make the balls stay in their places...

Why? Are you collecting the balls too?

Reactions: killiegradge
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2020
Bonjour,

Je suis un collectionneur francais de balles de tennis de table. Voici mon instagram pour voir ma collection : pingballscollection
Suivez moi et n'hésitez pas à me contacter pour d'éventuels échanges.

Hi,

Iam a french balls table tennis collector. You can see my collection on my instagram account : pingballscollection
Follow me and if you want exchange table tennis balls with me contact me on instagram

This user has no status.
Bonjour,

Je suis un collectionneur francais de balles de tennis de table. Voici mon instagram pour voir ma collection : pingballscollection
Suivez moi et n'hésitez pas à me contacter pour d'éventuels échanges.

Hi,

Iam a french balls table tennis collector. You can see my collection on my instagram account : pingballscollection
Follow me and if you want exchange table tennis balls with me contact me on instagram
Thats a fine collection you hace displayed on your Insta account.Sadly I don't have any to swap but would happily buy some from you if that was of interest?

This user has no status.
You are freaking me out. Don't do that :)

Are you saying that they could self-ignite or smth?

Great care must be taken when storing celluloid balls, whether they are 38 or 40 mm. A friend of mine keeps his collection in plastic bags of 30 balls in an envelope. Recently, in one of the envelopes, almost all the balls were destroyed, some shrunk inward and others shattered into dust. He claims that when touched, some balls splashed in his hand. Good thing it only happened with one of the many envelopes in his collection! Apparently celluloid balls should be stored in a ventilated place so as not to cause a chemical reaction in the absence of oxygen. This is one of the reasons why only plastic balls are now produced.
:)

This user has no status.
I think he's poking fun at the fact ittf used safety as an argument to promote plastic balls, instead of celluloid - saying celluloid was highly flammable.
Which is not untrue, but also not all that convincing.
Be very careful when storing celluloid balls in airtight plastic boxes. I am sending you photos of a tragedy that befell part of my friend's collection. We still have no clarity why this happened in this particular box, and in others identical to it there were no lesions at all!

For this I store my balls in perforated polyethylene foam sheets with plenty of air circulation. I try to protect them from sunlight and fluorescent lights so they don't yellow and their stamps don't fade.
Best regards!
:)

Attachments

• ttb_Mart38_1a.jpg
    ttb_Mart38_1a.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 65
  • ttb_Mart38_1b.jpg
    ttb_Mart38_1b.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 66
  • ttb_Mart38_1c.jpg
    ttb_Mart38_1c.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 60