This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Looking at the line up, Timo has no chance to make it into Quarter finals. Young Koreans and Japs too strong to not count them off. Also, Fang Bo is also present. All top 4 will be there for semis. Chuang is sometimes unreliable, Marcos shocks the world every once in a while; And there is Mizutani consitently making to semis or quarters depending upon the number of chinese in the Open. It is so shocking to know for all that consistent play by Mizutani, He has never won against Jike, long, Xin. Wow, he's got a iron chin to keep going even for the fact that he is not able to beat them in being so long in his successful careet. Man that hurts

Timo can beat all those people in proper form. I know you are German, but I don't think you appreciate how good Boll really is and how upsetting his game is to people who have never played him.

This user has no status.
Why did it shock you? He didn't beat Ma Long! Kallberg is a promising young player, not an experienced stable one. Besides, if Harimoto has beaten Lunqvist more than a year ago, why not Kallberg?
Appart from tt-talk, you shouldn't call anyone "retarded" not even as a joke.
It is shocking to see Anton Kallberg losing to the retarded kid. This kid is using mind games and somehow got into Anton's head it seems. Last time when Waldner spoke, he said Kallberg is a very promising player for Sweden to make it big.

This kid is too strong with those blocks much like Waldner and very unique in his own style. I watched that video of the kid playing against Ma Long, though ML was not hundred percent in that game, the Kid still managed to match the speed of ML. His reflex is on part with top 10. That amazes me that some people are lucky to reach that level with very much less training compared to all those pros.

But, my prediction is that when top pro's adjust themselves to the demoralizing scream, the kid will have problems with his own head cos it aint working.

This user has no status.
I think , Xu Xin , with his new found backhand will take this one. Somehow, I have this gut feeling that Ma Long and Zhang Jike does not want to play each other before Rio .... loss for the table tennis fans , for sure .....

It appears that Ma Long and ZJK are in the same half of the main draw. So unless an un-expected loss occurs, they will play eachother in the SF :)

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
S**t, Bad luck Timo. Boll has more difficulties against Ma Long compared to the others from CNT.

And Nextlevel you are right about Boll's game. He very rarely loses against anyone in the Top 50 except for the CNT, whereas Ovtcharov faces more unexpected losses.

Samsonov can go toe to toe with Boll because of his vast experience and Ovtcharov has played a lot against Boll.

Reactions: BeGo
Lolz, that could hapen. But he was defeated in semis in japan open, olz. How miserable that was for world rank 1 and rio favourite,and the one who is currently in his best shape, lolz.

P.S I adore Ma Long but hate blind ML supporters who don't see good in other players.

blind ? are you ? who is the most consistent pro players today ? mofo

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Are you sure you were fully aware of what you are saying ? Harimoto is phenomenal, and he is not lucky !! He is obnoxious with his shouting but that has nothing to do on how you evaluate his talent or hard work or his success. You think somebody is beating top 50 consistently through luck and noise ? As far as I know one / both his parents were CNT/Provincial team members who migrated to Japan and the kid has been practicing since before he could say "dada" . And "retarded" is a very very objectionable adjective to use on anybody ...
It is shocking to see Anton Kallberg losing to the retarded kid. This kid is using mind games and somehow got into Anton's head it seems. Last time when Waldner spoke, he said Kallberg is a very promising player for Sweden to make it big.

This kid is too strong with those blocks much like Waldner and very unique in his own style. I watched that video of the kid playing against Ma Long, though ML was not hundred percent in that game, the Kid still managed to match the speed of ML. His reflex is on part with top 10. That amazes me that some people are lucky to reach that level with very much less training compared to all those pros.

But, my prediction is that when top pro's adjust themselves to the demoralizing scream, the kid will have problems with his own head cos it aint working.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Timo can beat all those people in proper form. I know you are German, but I don't think you appreciate how good Boll really is and how upsetting his game is to people who have never played him.

Yes, Timo has unbelievable long career spanning two decades. But, I ll quote a MMA athlete Cono Mcgregors words' Precision beats power, timing beats speed'. For TT it is going to be youth beats age, conditioning beats experience.

There is no doubt that very few can match the tactics and ball positioning of players Boll and Samsonov. I feel that Samsonov looks much more conditioned than Boll in my opinion.

But, the young lads like Maharu, youngsik are going to outwork him raw power and speed.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Why did it shock you? He didn't beat Ma Long! Kallberg is a promising young player, not an experienced stable one. Besides, if Harimoto has beaten Lunqvist more than a year ago, why not Kallberg?

I haven't followed much of the story of the wunderkid. There is no doubt that he is an incredible player. He remains calm after those screams which seems contradictory. I guess some martial art stuff they are incorporating into the play.

Regarding that, I am not looking for lessons on moral development. There are many meanings for the word retarded. I certainly didnt mention it in the way u understood.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Are you sure you were fully aware of what you are saying ? Harimoto is phenomenal, and he is not lucky !! He is obnoxious with his shouting but that has nothing to do on how you evaluate his talent or hard work or his success. You think somebody is beating top 50 consistently through luck and noise ? As far as I know one / both his parents were CNT/Provincial team members who migrated to Japan and the kid has been practicing since before he could say "dada" . And "retarded" is a very very objectionable adjective to use on anybody ...

I meant lucky in the sense that he was able to achieve the skill level in relatively shorter time compared to his peers. Fan Zhendong was a prodigy. This kid made it even much shorter in the sense that his blocks are extraordinary and original. He sometimes uses side spin blocks. that too looks original.

If you see Fan Zhendong's Forehand. his balance is the best in the game. I would say even ZJK doesn't have that level of balance. Still Fan is 19, ZJK probably 28. They too started around the same age. People don't want to admit that some people are talented than others regardless of the amount of Hard work and effort in action.

He is phenomenal for his age. But, I ll put my bet on him that he is never going to be a World Champion because of his attitude. He simply doesn't have it. He is in top level because of his talent and there is no one to match him IMO based on my limited knowledge.

Then, slowly most of top pro's are going to adapt to his screams. Further, he looks very vulenerable after losing points. ZJK, Waldner- these guys look like stones, emotionless. It is a key in becoming champion. Emotions can't get in when u play the last set of WTTC. Under 21 is different story fresh blood, maverick fire. But, slowly everyone realise that it is not teenage anymore.

That was very good info about his family and ethinicity. I have a strong opinon that super athletes are usually made from athletes. In that sense, there goes the first pre requirement in making of a champion.

The word retarted has meaning like stupid, foolish. It not only means mentally handicapped. The world is fixated with their own defintions as the only right one. I am sorry, please look at a dictionary before taking objections.

Reactions: Cornel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Siva , while I agree with the excessive political correctness , but just because retarded has other synonyms does not make it right. When you put the word in the perspective of how you have been going on and on about how negative his body language is and how unstable he is mentally it only means one thing ...

I have seen kids up close who were on the verge of becoming US national champion with body language far worse than that. But then they had a consistent "drooped shoulder" , not like this kid who looks really positive when he is leading and then suddenly droops off when he stops believing he can win. Its just that he is a kid and does not emotional maturity which will get solved with experience ...

You are not taking into account his age and the age he is living in . Of course he has issues in terms of mental game which he will solve. Even Waldner did not become Waldner when he was 12 years old.

And again, his screams have nothing to do with his wins. We are pissed off , that is from the perspective of table tennis enthusiasts, you can go ask any of the pros, none of them are bothered . They would not be pros if they were :)

And I don't believe any of us are qualified in making predictions of where a world class talent will end up in his or her career ...

I meant lucky in the sense that he was able to achieve the skill level in relatively shorter time compared to his peers. Fan Zhendong was a prodigy. This kid made it even much shorter in the sense that his blocks are extraordinary and original. He sometimes uses side spin blocks. that too looks original.

If you see Fan Zhendong's Forehand. his balance is the best in the game. I would say even ZJK doesn't have that level of balance. Still Fan is 19, ZJK probably 28. They too started around the same age. People don't want to admit that some people are talented than others regardless of the amount of Hard work and effort in action.

He is phenomenal for his age. But, I ll put my bet on him that he is never going to be a World Champion because of his attitude. He simply doesn't have it. He is in top level because of his talent and there is no one to match him IMO based on my limited knowledge.

Then, slowly most of top pro's are going to adapt to his screams. Further, he looks very vulenerable after losing points. ZJK, Waldner- these guys look like stones, emotionless. It is a key in becoming champion. Emotions can't get in when u play the last set of WTTC. Under 21 is different story fresh blood, maverick fire. But, slowly everyone realise that it is not teenage anymore.

That was very good info about his family and ethinicity. I have a strong opinon that super athletes are usually made from athletes. In that sense, there goes the first pre requirement in making of a champion.

The word retarted has meaning like stupid, foolish. It not only means mentally handicapped. The world is fixated with their own defintions as the only right one. I am sorry, please look at a dictionary before taking objections.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, I am going to jump in here and assert that this conversation is....well....urm....lets see....RETARDED!!!!!

I mean you guys are talking about a kid who is just under 13 years old. He's not even a teenager yet, though he will be soon. And he just became the youngest talent to win an Under 21 World Tour event beating FZD's record by a couple of YEARS.

Personally, I don't care or need to speculate on how great this kid will be. But, as annoying as he may be, he is a pretty solid player at any age.

Who knows.....perhaps he will start dating Bernadette Szocs.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Siva , while I agree with the excessive political correctness , but just because retarded has other synonyms does not make it right. When you put the word in the perspective of how you have been going on and on about how negative his body language is and how unstable he is mentally it only means one thing ...

I have seen kids up close who were on the verge of becoming US national champion with body language far worse than that. But then they had a consistent "drooped shoulder" , not like this kid who looks really positive when he is leading and then suddenly droops off when he stops believing he can win. Its just that he is a kid and does not emotional maturity which will get solved with experience ...

You are not taking into account his age and the age he is living in . Of course he has issues in terms of mental game which he will solve. Even Waldner did not become Waldner when he was 12 years old.

And again, his screams have nothing to do with his wins. We are pissed off , that is from the perspective of table tennis enthusiasts, you can go ask any of the pros, none of them are bothered . They would not be pros if they were :)

And I don't believe any of us are qualified in making predictions of where a world class talent will end up in his or her career ...

I restate that I used retarded in a sense that his behaviour is far from other professionals. You are exactly right in the sense I got too carried away with his talent that I forgot he was 12. Damn, for a 12 year old kid, doing such a feat is being on the top of the world. I bet I would exhibit the same ego if I was 12. Emotional maturity is a long story down the line.

his screams have nothing to do with his wins. We are pissed off , that is from the perspective of table tennis enthusiasts, you can go ask any of the pros, none of them are bothered . They would not be pros if they were

Here, I completely disagree that pros face the same things like me and you. They didn't fall of the sky. Except for the fact that they are going to train for such things so that next time it is not going to get into the head. In the book, Art of learning - Josh Waitzkin speaks about his problems against a Russian kid employing unethical tricks on the chess table. Pros are Pros because they are going to adapt IMO.

Regarding prediction, It is easy, no clauses involved and fun to make. SO, keep predicting. That improves the intitution skills which are inbuilt in our genetics.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Could not agree with you more Carl , and say Retarded is the right word for the assertions made here ...
Okay, I am going to jump in here and assert that this conversation is....well....urm....lets see....RETARDED!!!!!

I mean you guys are talking about a kid who is just under 13 years old. He's not even a teenager yet, though he will be soon. And he just became the youngest talent to win an Under 21 World Tour event beating FZD's record by a couple of YEARS.

Personally, I don't care or need to speculate on how great this kid will be. But, as annoying as he may be, he is a pretty solid player at any age.

Who knows.....perhaps he will start dating Bernadette Szocs.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Lolz, that could hapen. But he was defeated in semis in japan open, olz. How miserable that was for world rank 1 and rio favourite,and the one who is currently in his best shape, lolz.

P.S I adore Ma Long but hate blind ML supporters who don't see good in other players.

blind ? are you ? who is the most consistent pro players today ? mofo
Let's see about that. Just praising champions doesn't make you great, your words and attitude. Using "mofo" does really make you great.
Lolz

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk