says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Pre Round Results

Round of 32 pre round results follow here: http://ittf.com/competitions/test/matches_per_round1.asp?competition_ID=2664&rnd=32&s_Event_Type=MSQ

Liao Cheng Ting 4-3 Tomokazu Harimoto
Paul Drinkhall 4-3 Anton Kallberg
Noshad Alamiyan 4-3 Eric Jouti
Tristan Flore 4-1 Omar Assar

Players qualified into MAIN DRAW from Pre round:

Cazuo Matsutomoto
Chen Chien-An
Noshad Alamiyan
Kenta Tazoe
Paul Drinkhall
Wang Xi
Eugene Wang
Tristan Flore
Woojin Jang
Mizuki Oikawa
Hugo Calderano
Cho Seungmin
Liam Pitchford
Gustavo Tsuboi
Ganghyeon Park
Masataka Morizono

Administrator
Oct 2010
Last 32 Fixtures

Ma Long vs Jang Woojin
Liam Pitchford vs Jeoung Youngsik
Marcos Freitas vs Cho Seungmin
Tristan Flore vs Timo Boll

Chuang Chih Yuan vs Hugo Calderano
OIKAWA Mizuki Oikawa vs Joo Saehyuk
Maharu Yoshimura vs Ganghyeon Park
Chen Chien-An vs Zhang Jike

Xu Xin vs Kenta Tazoe
Cazuo Matsumoto vs Koki Niwa
Tang Peng vs Masataka Morizono
Wang Eugene vs Wong Chun Ting

Fang Bo vs Paul Drinkhall
Noshad Alamiyan vs Tiago Apolonia
Lee Sangsu vs Wang Xi
Gustavo Tsuboi vs Fan Zhendong

Reactions: Xylit
This user has no status.
Yeah TT4life! Let's bet on your sportsman spirit versus mine!
Because even a stupid person can chip for the champion. Anyway, it worthless to talk. And yeah, i support fzd and Timo. They win or they loose, and I won't disgrace to the fans of those players whom Timo and fzd defeat. That's sportsman spirit. Probably not your cup of tea.
I am ending it here, without abusive slangs.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Reactions: anchorschmidt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Timo was 8th in May in ITTF Olympic Qual. ranking and Dima was 3rd, if Timo will win his only two matches in 3rd and 4rd round in singles he could meet Dima in QF at Rio 2016. I hope that Timo will win his first singles olympic medal.

They will use rankings in July for Olympic seeding. And people from the same country are on opposite halves of the draw in Olympics.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I've take a look on Ovcharov's statistics and he doesn't have too much unexpected loss. He played 2-3 against Joao Monteiro and was beaten by CCY. Beside that he was beaten by CNT players, Mizutani and two times by Oshima Yuya. I think who is more inconsistent is Oshima Yuya. He has the skill and power to be in top 10.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I've take a look on Ovcharov's statistics and he doesn't have too much unexpected loss. He played 2-3 against Joao Monteiro and was beaten by CCY. Beside that he was beaten by CNT players, Mizutani and two times by Oshima Yuya. I think who is more inconsistent is Oshima Yuya. He has the skill and power to be in top 10.

Oshima is young!

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I meant lucky in the sense that he was able to achieve the skill level in relatively shorter time compared to his peers. Fan Zhendong was a prodigy. This kid made it even much shorter in the sense that his blocks are extraordinary and original. He sometimes uses side spin blocks. that too looks original.

If you see Fan Zhendong's Forehand. his balance is the best in the game. I would say even ZJK doesn't have that level of balance. Still Fan is 19, ZJK probably 28. They too started around the same age. People don't want to admit that some people are talented than others regardless of the amount of Hard work and effort in action.

He is phenomenal for his age. But, I ll put my bet on him that he is never going to be a World Champion because of his attitude. He simply doesn't have it. He is in top level because of his talent and there is no one to match him IMO based on my limited knowledge.

Then, slowly most of top pro's are going to adapt to his screams. Further, he looks very vulenerable after losing points. ZJK, Waldner- these guys look like stones, emotionless. It is a key in becoming champion. Emotions can't get in when u play the last set of WTTC. Under 21 is different story fresh blood, maverick fire. But, slowly everyone realise that it is not teenage anymore.

That was very good info about his family and ethinicity. I have a strong opinon that super athletes are usually made from athletes. In that sense, there goes the first pre requirement in making of a champion.

The word retarted has meaning like stupid, foolish. It not only means mentally handicapped. The world is fixated with their own defintions as the only right one. I am sorry, please look at a dictionary before taking objections.

Zhang jike is the man of emotion when he won his 1st title in 2011 he was roaring after every point . especially vs timo boll . so being emotional so much doesnt stop a player to become a world champion or an olympic champion . as i told the example is zhang jika

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Zhang jike is the man of emotion when he won his 1st title in 2011 he was roaring after every point . especially vs timo boll . so being emotional so much doesnt stop a player to become a world champion or an olympic champion . as i told the example is zhang jika

I meant overall. Sometimes Ma long gets too pumped up but not that often as you know. The point is if you watch any of ZJK's games, for most part if the game goes to the last set, all his opponents crumble because of his stability.

If I could give you another example,it is Fedor Emelianko, Russian MMA legend. When he gets into the ring, he looks like a imbecile. When the bell rings, the opponent is tore into pieces. No place for emotion. Just Numb.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
I meant overall. Sometimes Ma long gets too pumped up but not that often as you know. The point is if you watch any of ZJK's games, for most part if the game goes to the last set, all his opponents crumble because of his stability.

If I could give you another example,it is Fedor Emelianko, Russian MMA legend. When he gets into the ring, he looks like a imbecile. When the bell rings, the opponent is tore into pieces. No place for emotion. Just Numb.

yeah i know what you mean . Actually i watch every game of zjk and ml more than 10 times cause i enjoy their game as others . for this reason i told zjk had strong emotions in every single point . according to what u said when it comes to the decider he concentrate more on the last point then shows his peerless celebrations and that's right

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
yeah i know what you mean . Actually i watch every game of zjk and ml more than 10 times cause i enjoy their game as others . for this reason i told zjk had strong emotions in every single point . according to what u said when it comes to the decider he concentrate more on the last point then shows his peerless celebrations and that's right

Yep, party like 1999 after the world title not during the match. ZJK style :)