Tables for tournaments?

If you had a small club with say 3 tables, and wanted to hold a tournament and needed 7 additional tables, what do you have as an option? Does your TT association/federation allow you to rent from them?

Asking local members would produce too many brands and some not quite tournament quality tables. Buying would be out-of-pocket (small club, zero funds).

Manpower is not an issue, dollars are. Fundraising sounds great, only it wouldn't produce results.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chuck

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If you have contact you can check with Amanda Ho' butterfly sponsored club in San Francisco, I know they did something similar last year .... of course they would have more than 3 tables to start with. But no way they have the number of tables they used in the tournament ...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Chuck, are you on the East Coast? If you are, I would talk to Lily Yip. She would know what to do or she might even be able to rent them to you. I know Lily hold's the FIT tournaments and those tables somehow magically appear at FIT and then disappear again after the tournament is over.

@USD Carl, yes, I'm in Richmond Virginia. @The Real, yes, Michael is an option. Also Newport News has Joola tables. I'll be running the Virginia Senior Games (table tennis) next year. Renting a truck with a lift-gate is easy-peasy. Just looking for options and it doesn't hurt to ask around. Other people may have better ideas than I (wouldn't be the first time) and the reason why I'm asking.

Thanks all!
Chuck

Reactions: ttmonster