My Ace Serve practice collection with some good music

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
tried to mimik that serve today :) it so hard >.<

btw korea dpr open has started

I can't do it either. But I have a friend who does it so easily. He does it from the BH side, down the line. And the setup looks exactly like one of his main serves. So he really can catch you unprepared with it. But this guy will also loop with his wrist turned over and use his BH side and it isn't much different from his regular loops. Sort of like what Xu Xin did in that Stiga Video:

There is a few shots in this video where he does it even though I was thinking of a different video:

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
Yep. What NL and Suga D said.

There is a way to hit those that is sort of like hitting underhand where you can make it dead, or topspin and if you angle the racket slightly you can make it have a small amount of either sidespin. It looks a bit like a pendulum if you are not paying attention. But it is a different motion.

Trying to make a fast, long, reverse pendulum: I don't think that will work. And where you are going with that would not be hidden the same way.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus
I practice long fast reverse pendulum regularly, It works pretty well especially against people who are predominantly forehand orientated and love to pivot.

I basically start in a neutral pendulum position and transition to reverse after a medium to head high toss.

I usually contact the ball on the bottom right of the lower hemisphere, the contact point on the racquet is between 2 and 3 o'clock with a short in to out flick of the wrist contacting the ball about net height.
The pro's of this are it's unexpected as it starts like normal reverse pendulum, the ball moves quickly and swings away from the table making it difficult to reach if executed properly.
The cons are it requires good timing, a loose wrist and lots and lots of practice, it can also be easily countered if you don't hit the lines or mistime the serve.

It's a good weapon when used sparingly or when in a tight spot, it can also be effective from corner to corner across court.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I usually contact the ball on the bottom right of the lower hemisphere, the contact point on the racquet is between 2 and 3 o'clock with a short in to out flick of the wrist contacting the ball about net height.
The pro's of this are it's unexpected as it starts like normal reverse pendulum,

I actually find it difficult to understand this part of the explantation. Does that mean you contact the ball at the top left edge of the racket? I have one more question regarding the direction. Do you like to serve this cross diagonally?

It seems really advanced to my level. It would be great if you could record this serve and share it with us. It seems completely new stuff to me. Thanks for sharing your experience, I appreciate it :)