why P balls are about twice as expensive ?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In France, we are gonna play with P ball at september, so I take a look about prices ... I am very surprised about the price increase

Do you know why ?

Wait until you try to play with the Chinese seamed balls. Then you will feel truly screwed.

The seamless balls and the Nittaku Japan Premium 40+ are ok. But for some reason, and I really don't understand why, European leagues have had a tendency to choose to use European branded balls that are actually plastic seamed balls made in China by either DHS or Double Fish. They are not just expensive, they are horrible in every way.

Maybe your clubs and leagues will avoid them, probably they won't.

By the way, that choice is not the only one they have. Joola for sure markets a seamless ball that is not bad, in addition to the horrible Chinese seamed ones. Not only do the seamless balls play better, they last longer too, and a higher percentage are round, so for a club it is a better economic decision.

I have tried most of the balls on the market and have been playing exclusively with plastic for 2 years now. PM me if you have questions.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
thanks baal, your advices will be useful to choose.

I guess first be playing at home with C-ball, since I got about 200 ball for training services, a bit robot and playing with my young son (he's nine). Turn to P ball, it will be later on, since training ball are too expensive. And In France, competition balls are free during matchs

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Playing with seamless poly balls saves money, they last way longer. I would go through a 6 pack of quality 3 star cell balls in under two weeks. If I got 1st or 2nd in a club tourney I always traded for balls.

A 6er pack of seamless poly balls last me more than a couple months.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

says what [IMG]
Playing with seamless poly balls saves money, they last way longer. I would go through a 6 pack of quality 3 star cell balls in under two weeks. If I got 1st or 2nd in a club tourney I always traded for balls.

Back when I used to mash the ball hard, balls broke all the time. Nowadays it feels rare for a cell ball to break for me.

Maybe you're just unleashing too much whoop ass for your own economic good? :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Which seamless balls are you using Der_Echte ? I can't seem to play with anything other than Nittaku 40+

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
You should probably be able to find Joola and Tibhar brands of seamless balls in France for example below:

http://www.tabletennis11.fr/balle-de-ping-pong/balles-plastiques-tennis-de-table

I see they have Joola Flash 40+, also Xu Shao Fa, Schildkrott, and Xiom, all of which are seamless, good, and more or less the same. You can click the link where it says seamless for all their offers. They also have the very good Nittaku plastic balls (my favorites for playing characteristics). If you decide to buy Nittaku, make sure to NOT buy Nittaku SHA plastic (those are crappy Chinese balls).

The good Nittaku 40+ balls are called "premium" and they are made in Japan. These: http://www.tabletennis11.fr/nittaku-premium-40-3-ittf-3pcs-seam

At all costs avoid DHS or any other non-Nittaku plastic ball with a seam.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One thing I forgot, though. The seamless training balls I have seen are really terrible and almost unplayable. Avoid them. You would be better off buying regular 3-star seamless balls (like Xu Shao Fa) in bulk and using them for training. You will lose your balls before you break them.

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Somehow I don't like XSF because its keeps jumping like a spring chicken compared to Nittaku , the speed and the bounce is very different , anyways that is the way it is ... I spent a fortune buying 3 dozen Nittaku Premium 40+ when paddle palace had it for 28 and some change ...
One thing I forgot, though. The seamless training balls I have seen are really terrible and almost unplayable. Avoid them. You would be better off buying regular 3-star seamless balls (like Xu Shao Fa) in bulk and using them for training. You will lose your balls before you break them.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
old training celluloid balls were very good, I got 200 balls "double circle" for about 50 € et now I have to buy 3 stars balls in order to get same quality ... Then I should have to spend about 300 € for 200 balls !!! not once, not twice but six ...

War will begin at September in France about balls, for sure small clubs will stop table tennis, according to that incredible price increase

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
If i were you violoniste18... i would just buy celluoid balls.
If you are just starting to play, dont bother with those stupid plastic balls.
At our clubs we use only plastic balls and they break all the time... its ridiculous.

If im playing outdoors im using my old dhs * celluoid balls.
They are much cheaper and better.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Monster, I use Nexy *** of course. Since i get a good supply of them, why not?

I have sold six packs to club members who play 3 times a week. I sold a pack of balls to a guy who plays only with the heavy/solid Nexy ball and that was 4 moths ago. He is on his second ball of the pack.

I have to hit one on the roof of the bathroom or step on one to break one, only occasional hit on side breaks it. 3 Nexy balls last me a couple months, stepped ball and all. I play 4-5 times a week here.

XSF has a true bounce, but they feel a little too soft/not solid heavy for my liking.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I did not play it with enough to convincingly say they are inconsistent , what I felt was very awkward , almost like its an impatient little thing that wants to hop around like a rabbit :) , I don't know how I can explain it better .... almost like the cheap hard plastic balls you would get with recreational paddles which were thing and used to go "ping" every time you hit them....
The XSF ball is tried *** btw... were rly inconsistent and bounced rly strange.