Question about Shakehand variations

says what [IMG]
Carl, I have got my ass kicked before by people who threw something my way that I couldn't read even on the third time. I know what you mean: I've missed enough "easy" (What are easy shots in a sport such as this?) shots to know it myself. Sometimes you just can't even get the bat on it to the point where it feels like you're seeing double and the game's too fast.

Table tennis really is just about vision and fast thinking (Or should I say appropriate acting) in the end, isn't it? Of course, it's not so simple, but you know what I mean.

Ahhh, how I miss skating. I used to skate when I was younger, never was any good and my legs weren't strong enough to support some tricks with full sized boards. Maybe I'd do better now. :rolleyes: I think I have an old beat up deck somewhere...

Sorry for the derail, the topic appears to have been taken by extraterrestrial invaders.

says what [IMG]
Archo, unfortunately, you still writwant a lot of things that show you have ways to go. Just a lack of self awareness I guess.
Well, you can't know about something if you don't know about something.

I've learned a lot of what I didn't even know I didn't even know, but the good thing is, I now know better what I don't know. Only uphill from here.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Someone once asked a top player whether he holds the racket the same way for forehand and backhand. The player said yes. Then the person asked the player to show the forehand. The player showed it. Then the person asked the player to show the backhand. The player showed it. The person laughed inside and thanked the player.

That's it. This is a great post.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Well, you can't know about something if you don't know about something.

I've learned a lot of what I didn't even know I didn't even know, but the good thing is, I now know better what I don't know. Only uphill from here.

Combine that with not responding to so many people as if you know what you don't know and you will get a perfect score.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Table tennis really is just about vision and fast thinking (Or should I say appropriate acting) in the end, isn't it? Of course, it's not so simple, but you know what I mean.

no this is not what it's really about. You can act appropriately and get demolished because the opponent is ready for that action. Sure fast thinking can help," oh topspin ball, treat it like topspin, down the line I haven't gone there yet!"

Boom, higher level player smacks that thing right back. he knew what you were doing even though you hadn't done it even once.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says what [IMG]
no this is not what it's really about. You can act appropriately and get demolished because the opponent is ready for that action. Sure fast thinking can help," oh topspin ball, treat it like topspin, down the line I haven't gone there yet!"

Boom, higher level player smacks that thing right back. he knew what you were doing even though you hadn't done it even once.

How was that acting appropriately, then?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
How was that acting appropriately, then?

Come on Archo, stop being the argumentative little idiot you were a few months ago who had to respond to ever single comment. Make useful comments or let things slide. Stuff like this should go into the category of foolish nonsense to be ignored.

Table tennis is about a lot of things. Too many things to quantify. But none of this seems to have much to do with grip variations. So this extended diversion, well, it is not interesting enough for me to think it should continue.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I think the more you practice the better the grip and handling of your blade will become. You will move your grip around depending the shot your going to play without thinking about. It all comes down to muscle memory at the end. Correct me if im wrong