Table Tennis Table Catch Net

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 8 reviews
Hi guys,

I am trying to buy a table tennis catch net, so that when I practice serving or play against my robot, the balls do not go every where.
I am debating between whether getting a catch net that is attached to the table, or one that is on 4 wheels.
What are your thoughts?
My concern is whether it will be more difficult to play or adjust to the sight if the catch net is attached to the table, however, the catch net attached to the table is $100 cheaper.

Cheers!

says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
Hi guys,

I am trying to buy a table tennis catch net, so that when I practice serving or play against my robot, the balls do not go every where.
I am debating between whether getting a catch net that is attached to the table, or one that is on 4 wheels.
What are your thoughts?
My concern is whether it will be more difficult to play or adjust to the sight if the catch net is attached to the table, however, the catch net attached to the table is $100 cheaper.

Cheers!
I have a catch net that is attached to the table for my Butterfly robot but when I play at a club they have a roll away net they use for service practice with a bucket that collects the balls from the bottom of the net and are in turn emptied manually into the robot. As far as appearance they are both noticable but really do not have an effect on my play.My net that attaches to the table has fabric that extends on both the edges of the table on the robots side towards the net so that most shots that somehow bounce out of the netting or are angled wide do not go off of the tables sides. The balls are then recycled into the robot from the bottom of the catch net. However when these balls bounce out of the catch net or off the robot they accumulate on the tables top where they can interfere with my returned shots hitting the table and they ricochet about the garage and scare the dog (see below)so that is a negative for the attached net. Balls don't fall off table onto the floor from the edges but they sometimes interfere with the follow up shots. I can't use a roll up netting as my robots recycling mechanism is located at the bottom of the catch area and cant be removed from the robot. If I could use a roll up net I probably would. Practice partner.jpg

Reactions: JeffM