What are the best Stiga table tennis shoes?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Instinct are the best really confortable, light weight and has an excelent grip. Mine just didn´t last too long. No I´m playing with Instinct 2 and they are much heavier and doesn´t have as good grip as previous Instinct.

This confirms my instincts about Stiga TT shoes. I would get from a different brand than Stiga. I had a pair of Stiga shoes that got destroyed in less than 3 months. I think the Instinct is better than what I had. But, this information that Tommy's didn't last too long speaks to the issue.

Why not just get shoes from a company that actually makes shoes. Like Mizuno or Asics. Or, why not get indoor soccer or badminton shoes. Those have the same specs as TT shoes. And somehow, the top of the line indoor soccer or badminton shoes cost way less than the top of the line TT shoes.

Why do I think this is? Table Tennis companies like Stiga and Butterfly, they don't actually make shoes. Butterfly's shoes are actually made by Asics so Butterfly charges a good $30.00 more for the same Asics shoe that Asics charges $30.00 less for. :)

Stiga outsources their shoes also. But, I don't know what companies they outsource to. I know the ones I had were made by a different company than the Instinct. But I still would be leery of buying shoes from a company that does not make shoes and just puts their branding on shoes made by some other company.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
Well, I would agree, but had a piece of different experience than one could expect. Normally I need two pairs of average shoes for one season (10 months). Few times I've tried to play with Aiscs Gel Blade shoes that cost above 100 and I still needed two pairs of them, because they cracked on sides. The same goes for Joola B-Swift which is a nice average priced shoe as well. This year I've played with Instinct II and..I needed one pair only. They don't look pretty at the moment though, but still running for summer playing time. There is more economical sense to use this model to me though.
Overall, not sure about Asics really, but Mizuno shoes are top. Than adidas I would say, but I do not find them comfortable to my feet. I have my doubts on BTY as they are Asics.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I love my Stiga Instinct shoes.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I use instinct. They are good But the durability is bad.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I use instinct. They are good But the durability is bad.
What is great about that approach is you get to do more shopping and have more fun more often and have new stuff more often...

That is a Win Win in anyone's book.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lula