Crazy Siva vs Fan Zhendong Unbelievable Roller Shot Challenge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Absolutely correct. I appreciate your being an oddball. I mean...look at me. I am totally an oddball. :)

Being obsessed about table tennis is great. Making videos that look like you are doing martial arts training in between self hit shots: that is totally entertaining...funny. Steven Seagal navy seals self hit table tennis training. Anyone who has a good sense of humor and watches those videos, you definitely should have them laughing pretty quickly.

But if you don't get the ridiculous and the silly in the situation and think you are serious, then we ought to start worrying for your sanity. :)

I appreciate your being an oddball. I mean...look at me. I am totally an oddball

The way I see it is, everyone is an oddball. I strive to keep that instead of conforming. If it is seen through the lens of ego and pride, I expect life to teach me some wisdom on that.

aking videos that look like you are doing martial arts training in between self hit shots: that is totally entertaining...funny. Steven Seagal navy seals self hit table tennis training.
Honestly, i watched so many times Steven Seagal's videos on how he taught Anderson Silva and Machida that crane kick which he has been perfecting for the last 30 years. I watch something on Seagal every night before going to sleep with a good laugh. Yeah, you can put me and Seagal in a same boat. I can see that but it is just for fun. I see to put up these shows in atmost chances from time immemorial so that others can laugh. Though I'm looking serious, it is just I enjoy the movement, there is something magical about movement.

I ain't got no martial training, so I see to not getting into brawls for getting my nose chopped off. It is a measured stunt :D

Why I got this one wrong was, it seemed to me that I got the shot right. I didn't really think about under the net or match scenario. To be honest it should take me less than a week to work on those touches to get them rolling all the time. So, I thought of putting up that marketing gimmick vs FZD to attract audience. In video production and as in life, it seems to me sensationalizing is what the internet wants, only a limited audience want the real stuff. i take this as a failed marketing gimmick and move on.

ut if you don't get the ridiculous and the silly in the situation and think you are serious, then we ought to start worrying for your sanity.
Though I am not really pissed of anymore after a good night's sleep, it hurt because everytime I put something out, there is some hard work at the back of those 1 or 2 min videos and it ain't fun when reality meets expectation. Only those into it can probably understand that feeling.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hey Siva, keep posting your videos although some people might not like them. It creates positive activity and it does not harm anyone. To be fair, this video here is not a very good one but I still liked watching it because it is pretty funny :D

One might not like it as your shots are pretty easy and have nothing to do with FZD's shot (you cannot imitate it, impossible) so some people might feel tricked, I don't know.

Thanks for being positive mate. I actually do feel like doing my own way of contributing something to table tennis. May be some one in future in a period of 30 years may like my stuff on youtube and start their way into table tennis. I take that a way of giving back what I learned to the sport.

What happened was owing to my limited competitive experience and skill level, I taught that it was something unique which turned out to be something funny. If it is laughable, I take it as token of gratitude for making someone laugh.

Trickery seems to be the nature of market economy, I read in a book about how they marketed toothpaste by saying that brushing teeth with paste brings back the shiny layer of glow, but it just takes a single gargle for that to happen. Everyone including myself love to hear sensational stuff, I don't really intend to do it, it is against my nature but What options have I left with.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Seems you are pissed off with so many things in general

Don't get me wrong, I did not dislike/thumb down your video. If I was pissed off by it I would do it.
But that's what I believe thumb downers would be thinking, thumb downers are usually good at being negative.
and personally, I get pissed off by very few things in general, including your video, but I can't say I like phrases like "what up biatch" and "roll that shit". Not everyone enjoy "vulgar hype". + Combined with table tennis it seems disturbing to me personally.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Don't get me wrong, I did not dislike/thumb down your video. If I was pissed off by it I would do it.
But that's what I believe thumb downers would be thinking, thumb downers are usually good at being negative.
and personally, I get pissed off by very few things in general, including your video, but I can't say I like phrases like "what up biatch" and "roll that shit". Not everyone enjoy "vulgar hype". + Combined with table tennis it seems disturbing to me personally.

Hey nothing personal mate, I was in the run for a rant that time. For most of the part creativity fails till it gets done right for the one time. So, What up biatch+ Roll that shit was an icing on the cake for the FZD gimmick.

It seems ping pong community in general are looking for more gentleman way of approaching things.

What up biatch was from a remix song called 'Say my name- Heisenberg' from the series Breaking Bad. I chose that one because the serious was quite famous.

Reactions: Kaizoku
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
One take, no need to edit. But my camera man may not get that having the face in the video has its purpose. Totally not hard to do this. And it does help you be able to do it in a rally or match IF you get the opportunity.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
You got it completely wrong Carl, its not so much as the camera man getting your face in , its you getting your face where the camra is pointing :rolleyes:
I decided to try a second one and asked my camera man (training partner) to get my face in. I made the first and missed the second. Angle not much better but you can see me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
One take, no need to edit. But my camera man may not get that having the face in the video has its purpose. Totally not hard to do this. And it does help you be able to do it in a rally or match IF you get the opportunity.

Nice one Carl, it was smooth like butter.

You just proved there are no odd balls in the game :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I decided to try a second one and asked my camera man (training partner) to get my face in. I made the first and missed the second. Angle not much better but you can see me.

I guess an edge is not really missing. But, not a roller for the second one.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You got it completely wrong Carl, its not so much as the camera man getting your face in , its you getting your face where the camra is pointing :rolleyes:

He is my instant random drill training partner. Lol. It makes sense that he did not change the angle enough to get all of me in. But at least you can see it is me. Hahaha.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am still laughing at your second attempt to get the camera to capture "All of you" :D , I can understand the instant random drill partner bit , but why can't the person move a few steps back , is it because there is no space behind him or her ?
He is my instant random drill training partner. Lol. It makes sense that he did not change the angle enough to get all of me in. But at least you can see it is me. Hahaha.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am still laughing at your second attempt to get the camera to capture "All of you" :D , I can understand the instant random drill partner bit , but why can't the person move a few steps back , is it because there is no space behind him or her ?

Hahaha. It is funny. There is minimum 20 feet behind him. It is pretty ridiculous. But it is totally him.

I have had him do drills where his pushes are supposed to go to the center of the table and instead they all go to the wide FH or BH randomly. I've had him do drills where they're only supposed to go wide, randomly to either side and they somehow all go to the middle. For training though, he is great to play with for that exact reason. It keeps you on your toes. But, my bet is, even after I saw and asked him to get my face in, he was still just looking at the ball and the shot.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me. The real point of the videos is to show how easy it is to self hit like that. It doesn't take any particular skill even though, if you practice that, and you ever get a ball there, you will probably be able to touch it around the net.

BTW: you know when you hit the ball to the person on the other side for them to catch it and then serve? You should see this guy do that! I actually tried to teach him how to do that so I didn't feel like I was playing dodgeball. I tap it so it bounces slow. He hits them to me like a rocket. But I know he is not trying to. He just is a spaz with certain things. But, funny enough, his loops are still damn good and even though we do different things well, he's pretty much the same level as I am. Control vs power. And not everyone is a good camera man. I am no good at it either. At least his hand is steadier than mine is.

Last edited:
Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I hit the roller today in tournament, everyone saw, crowd applauded. Felt great, in semi finals too. Just had the opportunity and thought "**** it" and went for the roll.

If a shot was hit and there was no camera to record it, was the shot hit?

Yes, only in your head.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
If a shot was hit and there was no camera to record it, was the shot hit?

Yes, only in your head.

sunflower state games, a small tournament. 0 star. There were camera's around, for news b-roll I'm assuming. But with an audience that's easily accessable to get in contact with I think it was hit. It was the semi's of the open. I got lucky to get that far, even if it was a 0 star tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Now I am really intrigued of a video of match play between you too .... this is hilarious stuff !! Most of the people I know who do such things on the table or while trying to give the ball back do it on purpose or for the lack of it :)
Hahaha. It is funny. There is minimum 20 feet behind him. It is pretty ridiculous. But it is totally him.

I have had him do drills where his pushes are supposed to go to the center of the table and instead they all go to the wide FH or BH randomly. I've had him do drills where they're only supposed to go wide, randomly to either side and they somehow all go to the middle. For training though, he is great to play with for that exact reason. It keeps you on your toes. But, my bet is, even after I saw and asked him to get my face in, he was still just looking at the ball and the shot.

In the end, it doesn't matter to me. The real point of the videos is to show how easy it is to self hit like that. It doesn't take any particular skill even though, if you practice that, and you ever get a ball there, you will probably be able to touch it around the net.

BTW: you know when you hit the ball to the person on the other side for them to catch it and then serve? You should see this guy do that! I actually tried to teach him how to do that so I didn't feel like I was playing dodgeball. I tap it so it bounces slow. He hits them to me like a rocket. But I know he is not trying to. He just is a spaz with certain things. But, funny enough, his loops are still damn good and even though we do different things well, he's pretty much the same level as I am. Control vs power. And not everyone is a good camera man. I am no good at it either. At least his hand is steadier than mine is.