Advice for a new racket

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
hello,,,

I want to buy rubbers and a blade to make a new racket , my level is between beginner and intermediate.

I play offensively ( FH ) and defensively ( BH ).

For the past few days I was looking for the best rubbers and to be honest I found these four to be the best choices for me but I am not sure if a good combination of FH and BH rubbers can be made from these four ( Dhs Skyline 3-60 Mid Hard, Xiom omega V Europe or Asia ,
Yaska Rakza 9 , Yasaka Mark V HPS
) and the blade is TSP Black Balsa 7.0 ( mostly for its good price ) .

So could someone please help me to chose the best rubbers from what I have mentioned or if there are any better rubbers other than those.

What I mostly care about is to be able to make good serves, strong spins and to be able to play more offensively.

Any advice would be appreciated :D:D:D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Have you ever played with a Balsa blade before? They are fast but not good for spinning heavy. They are blades for guys who like the smash the ball rather than spinning the ball.

Of course you can still spin the ball particularly if you have advanced technique. But that is not what a hard balsa blade does best. If you are thinking of learning to spin heavy on loops, something like a Tibhar Stratus Power Wood might be more useful. Pretty fast but very good for looping and generating spin.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2016
Thank you for your advice , I haven't used Balsa before, so I think I am going with Tiphar Stratus Power wood since it is better.

So which rubbers go well with this blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I'll go the safe route and recommend you primorac off- with baracuda FH (cos high throw high spin rubber ftw) and perhaps rasant grip or maybe evolution el-p on BH.

Primorac is more expensive than your avg all wood blade but you can re-sell it real easy

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl highly recommends for me to use a banana peel on BH. At first look, it would appear to be a rediculous recommendation, but what the heck - banana peels are free - that frees up more cash for a better FH rubber.

That is the premise behind the Der_Echte special - a bat made out of an inexpensive blade (Galaxy 896 or whatever inexpensive OFF- blade you got laying around), slap on a quality modern FH rubber (Tibhar Aurus) and an inexpensive one on BH (XP 2008) and go to school.

Where you are at, you would need two different vendors, so if you want to use eacheng.net to buy, you need a different FH rubber, so maybe japan sponged 999 for 15 USD - total before shipping around 40 USD.

This will be a very allround offensive setup suitable to go in whatever direction you want.

Every maker has several blades and rubbers in this range, so there are an endless number of possible combinations.

Trying to test them all out is worse than trying to win at Pokemon and catch them all.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
By the way, Stiga has come to its senses. I bought a Clipper from Dandoy and it came to 102g. I gave to a friend who I bought it for and he set it up. I borrowed it yesterday and today felt so good and balanced that I might just have to keep it. It feels like my Eternity which has the same solid handle heavy feel at 94/95g even with two Tenergy 05 on it barely covering the head.

Let's hope common sense continues to prevail.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
By the way, Stiga has come to its senses. I bought a Clipper from Dandoy and it came to 102g. I gave to a friend who I bought it for and he set it up. I borrowed it yesterday and today felt so good and balanced that I might just have to keep it. It feels like my Eternity which has the same solid handle heavy feel at 94/95g even with two Tenergy 05 on it barely covering the head.

Let's hope common sense continues to prevail.

Are you telling me that i need to buy eternity now D:

I haven't completely grown to the SPW and I haven't played for two weeks so i still have to see whether i can get accustomed to the blade yet

This user has no status.
Thank you all for your comments .

How about primorac off- with Xiom Omega V Europe 1.8mm FH and Andro Rasant Grip 1.7mm BH ???

That sounds like a fine racquet setup. Just keep in mind Carl's first response about why you chose what you chose: the game
is really all about spin. Learn to read spin and produce spin in all manners and you'll have a blast playing.