Ask ITTF President Thomas Weikert a question on the TTD podcast!

This user has no status.
@AndySmith
Exaggeration, yes, good point.

@UpSideDownCarl
I'm chill. You brought up gymnastics for some reason. I just found the article along the lines of my point of view. I'll be perfectly happy if we never mention gymnastics again. And Chinese Trials and CNG, I think those are most hardcore possible.

But, really, I think I'm starting to grasp the logic behind what both of you are saying. After all, if OG looked like WTTC, there would be no point in having OG. So, that "affirmative action" inherent to the idea of Olympism does make sense, although it is a bitter injustice all the same.

There, was that chill enough?

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
If you listen to the podcast, do you get the impression that there is any dissatisfaction with significant aspects of modern table tennis or that the ittf is addressing them?

I think the is really an excellent point.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: ttmonster
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@AndySmith
Exaggeration, yes, good point.

@UpSideDownCarl
I'm chill. You brought up gymnastics for some reason. I just found the article along the lines of my point of view. I'll be perfectly happy if we never mention gymnastics again. And Chinese Trials and CNG, I think those are most hardcore possible.

But, really, I think I'm starting to grasp the logic behind what both of you are saying. After all, if OG looked like WTTC, there would be no point in having OG. So, that "affirmative action" inherent to the idea of Olympism does make sense, although it is a bitter injustice all the same.

There, was that chill enough?

See, in this post you do sound like you've calmed down which, all in all is a good thing.

In the previous post you kind of sounded mad. I'm okay with that if you were. But all we were doing was trying to explain the subject matter. I think Andy did an awesome job doing that.

There was a point where I felt it was unfair that this was how the Olympic Games were. So I get the feeling. But I also, at this point, get why and how the Olympic Games are how they are. So, at least for me, knowing that there are tournaments like the WTTC where, pretty much everyone in the top 20 will go if they want to, helped me get the value and the difference between them.

Then knowing that things like the Chinese Super League has tons of Provincial players who have the potential to be in the top 20 or even top 10, who never get the go-ahead to compete in International play, it made it fun for me to explore and watch and see just how many great players have unexplored potential.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yes, maybe they were too high. But why does that mean I need meds? Could you explain in more detail?

IF you read the main podcast thread, Tornado16 expressed the same sentiments that I did. Does he need meds too?

Awww, c'mon, i'm pretty sure you know, this wasn't meant literally. It's a saying, and mainly written to cool off one's hot temper.
Don't get me wrong: i definitely understand where you coming from, and I'm also not very satisfied about certain things said in the podcast,
but heck, instead of discrediting Dan's and Thomas' work, why not just make an interview thyself with Thomas Weikert with all those harsh, plus a little rude and definitely very unpolite asked questions and see how far one will get...
Maybe an email or a letter will do too.
;)