Denmark Training Camp For Rio Olympics 2016

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
NEW practice hall video from the recent Olympic prep training camp in Denmark where players from England, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Puerto Rico and India have been practicing together for Rio.

Together with some beautiful and unique table tennis footage, Liam Pitchford, Kristian Karlsson, Jonathan Groth talk about their motivation and love for the game and includes Michael Maze for a short advice for the players going to the Olympics.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/174002077" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
OMG! That is the best TT Video I have ever seen. Please continue doing stuff like that PingOut. Simply amazing.

Reactions: virtuososiu

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Such a nice video the slow motion is amazing!

But it seems Dima is planning to make a surprise for other players at RIO. No his appearances in last previous World tours neither at this camp. Interesting:)

That is true, I wonder why he didnt attend the previous World Tours. He must be in intensive training and building match sharpness amoung team mates.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
Such a nice video the slow motion is amazing!

That is true, I wonder why he didnt attend the previous World Tours. He must be in intensive training and building match sharpness amoung team mates.
He must be in a closed training with Person and Waldner as mentors :)

This user has no status.
Ovtcharov is training in Düsseldorf in an other group, in which a lot of the other Europeans are training as well. And if I'm correctly informed he is indeed in a very, very intensive training right now. I hear it is so intense, that it simply didn't make sense for him to compete in World Tour events, since he wouldn't be able to perform.
One of the things you have to keep in mind are his recent injuries.
I think all that together explains it quite convincing (at least to me).
Don't be to concerned about, secret weapons and special tactics and mysterious new strokes. They all try to prepare an extra ace in their sleeves, but you can't change the basics. Especially, once the olympics get going and the competition proceeds towards the deciding rounds, every single player is capable to adapt to "surprising" stuff.

@ topic: What a pleasure to watch a quality production like this! I DEMAND MORE :D

Cheers,
BLUE

Reactions: lyh and Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
Fantastic video PingOut, what camera was used?

Thanks everybody!!
Great!!
The camera used for the slow motion is Sony RX10 II (mounted on a Came-Tv Single Gimbal)
Shot in 100 fps.
The interview parts is shot on the Sony A7s II
/Anders

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan