Self Hit: Double Bounce Forehand Roller Practice Video of mine

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Hi Guys, First of all, If the roller was good, all the credit goes to the community. Everyday I learn a lot about table tennis by interacting with mates around here. Whether it is positive or negative, they tried to convey about something which is hidden to my mind's eye.

In the previous thread, many shared their ideas on executing this shot and I thank them for providing the right ideas which greatly helped me perform this one.

The key to this shot is the ideal touch which has more topspin compared to sidespin. But the difficulty would be if the topspin increase it would only bounce once. By watching the video of Apolonia few times, I understood how he does it.

The other important thing is to stay away from table as wide as possible and make the contact at your lowest comfortable point as carl said in the other thread. If you have some queries on this, I will try my best to help you.

Many think I am crazy for using elite players name in my video, first of all it is for youtube algorithm to find my video and other one is I believe in my ability to see myself against them. It is not about conceit, but it is about my belief on myself.

You become the person whom you believe to be - Swami Vivekananda

Reactions: TTHopeful
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
These are quite decent. Try to contact the ball another 15-20 cm lower. That will mean you need to bend your knees more to get your body lower. But you will have more success with getting them to roll if the ball is coming from lower than the table.

Also, try to aim less cross court and more down the line so the ball exits the table on the opponents FH side still. Those are the harder one to develop. But the more important one to be able to perform.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
These are quite decent. Try to contact the ball another 15-20 cm lower. That will mean you need to bend your knees more to get your body lower. But you will have more success with getting them to roll if the ball is coming from lower than the table.

Also, try to aim less cross court and more down the line so the ball exits the table on the opponents FH side still. Those are the harder one to develop. But the more important one to be able to perform.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Yeah, Going down would definitely make it better, But damn lazy or tired would be the right word. I went cross court cos of lack of space in the room. Going down the line menat less distance for the second pitch or roll, so that would be surely hard.

I have seen some higher level guys in videos going down the line under match conditions. Lot of skill man :)

I will try to get them next tuesday with the help of my mates in open hall. There should be lot of space. so no excuses for failure :D