China Warm Up Matches for Rio Olympics 2016

This user has no status.
Okay, time to share some Interesting facts about colors (that I have learned as part of my game programming and assets research).

Human eyes perceive different colors of equal intensities as having the varying intensities. It so happens, when breaking light down into the RGB (red green and blue) spectrum, the green light will appear the brightest, and the blue light will appear the dimmest.

Infact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities! This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

If I were to venture a guess, it has to do with how our eyes adapted to living on this planet. Green predominantly associated with plant/food, so our eyes are most susceptible to green light. Blue is the color of the sky, the least important thing necessary to our survival (and extremely abundant), so our eyes are least sensitive to it.

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball for our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

EDIT: as a good example of this, you can see the different "algorithms" or formulas for turning a colored picture gray, on this site (GIMP is tool very similar to photoshop)

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Okay, time to share some Interesting facts about colors (that I have learned as part of my game programming and assets research).

Human eyes perceive different colors of equal intensities as having the varying intensities. It so happens, when breaking light down into the RGB (red green and blue) spectrum, the green light will appear the brightest, and the blue light will appear the dimmest.

I fact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities!. This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

If I were to venture a guess, it has to do with how our eyes adapted to living on this planet. Green predominantly associated with plant/food, so our eyes are most susceptible to green light. Blue is the color of the sky, the least important thing necessary to our survival (and extremely abundant), so our eyes are least sensitive to it.

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball four our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

interesting insight, if the video is on HD there is no problem enjoying the game for me whatsoever, and the players dont seem to be affected, at least from what we see. I like how the chinese pay attention to every detail...that;s some serious simulation imho :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Super like ! Thank you for the insight, now I understand why I was getting distracted all the time with the green floor background !

Infact, the rough estimate of finding the "luminosity" of an RGB color is 0.21*R + 0.72*G + 0.07*B. This means that blue colors appear 1/10th as bright as green colors to the human eye, even if they have the same intensities! This is why the color blue is associated with "cool" or "cool blue".

The reason these ground floors are being hated by so many is because the green color is competing quite intensely with the ball for our attention, distracting us and making it harder for us to focus. This is also why we all like blue, cuz it's easier on the eyes and least distracting from the three primary spectrums of light, and it doesn't vye for our attention nearly as much as other colors.

EDIT: as a good example of this, you can see the different "algorithms" or formulas for turning a colored picture gray, on this site (GIMP is tool very similar to photoshop)

www.docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

Reactions: TTHopeful
says Aging is a killer

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-desaturate.html

I assume that's why green background (green screen) is used in videography to enable other stuff to be superimposed on the background.
One possible reason for the green floor at the Olympics could be to allow static advertising to be superimposed for the TV audience. Or they may project the game/match scores again for the TV audience.

Reactions: fais