Nexy Karis rubber first impressions

this is my take on the M, M+ and H versions. The M version is much better as a backhand rubber because it is a bit soft and really blocks well. The M+ version can be both as a fh or bh rubber. It is very spinny and attacks well. It is my backhand rubber as of the moment.The H version is very fast. It is probably a notch faster than Stiga Mantra H but Mantra H has more spin IMO. The M+ and H rubbers work well with blades that are not too stiff.

Reactions: OhWell
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
My new sheets of Karis M played better than my 9-month worn ones but not insanely better. It was time for new ones but I don't think I waited too long. Amazing.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I am going to put a Hurricane 3 on my forehand and a Karis M on by backhand over the weekend. That way I am assured I can play for the next 1 year without changing rubbers ... goodbye yellow brick road .. I meant tenergy
My new sheets of Karis M played better than my 9-month worn ones but not insanely better. It was time for new ones but I don't think I waited too long. Amazing.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I really have not been able to play too much since I got the new setup with KJH blade and Karis-M rubber for both sides.

But I got to do some training for a little over an hour today and I really like this rubber. This setup is very good for me. Over the table play is much easier.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: ttmonster
Here is a quick comparison of Karis M vs MX-P. According to me, the best in various area is:
- Ability to handle spin: Karis
- Ability to produce spin: i would say even. Although I feel easier to slightly brush the ball with Karis.
- Blocking: i would say even. Karis allows you better spin control but MX-P has a longer dwell time.
- Flat hit: i would say even. Karis is more linear but MX-P has a longer dwell time and power.
- Short game: Karis
- Playing under pressure (i mean when your opponent is the one attacking during the point) : Karis
- Linearity/predictability: Karis
- Dwell time: MX-P
- Power: MX-P
- Serves: MX-P

Reactions: sspark80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I would add one more point ... Stability of performance over time : Karis ... playing charactersitics of MX-P change a little too much over time .. not that its bad ,just that the character changes once the factory booster wears off ...
Here is a quick comparison of Karis M vs MX-P. According to me, the best in various area is:
- Ability to handle spin: Karis
- Ability to produce spin: i would say even. Although I feel easier to slightly brush the ball with Karis.
- Blocking: i would say even. Karis allows you better spin control but MX-P has a longer dwell time.
- Flat hit: i would say even. Karis is more linear but MX-P has a longer dwell time and power.
- Short game: Karis
- Playing under pressure (i mean when your opponent is the one attacking during the point) : Karis
- Linearity/predictability: Karis
- Dwell time: MX-P
- Power: MX-P
- Serves: MX-P

To gain some speed, i reglued my Karis M with a generous amount of VOC glue.
Bad idea! I dramatically lost feeling and predictability :( A lot more than i expected.
I made a lot of errors during training tonight.

I removed it and will let it breathe. I want my Karis back! :)

To those folks who would like to boost it, I would advice not to.