Nexy Karis rubber first impressions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Okay, look, I was clowning around and in trouble-maker mode when I made the comments about the Nexy logo looking like a marijuana leaf.

It's not, right! I know it isn't. The guy from Nexy is a religious guy and doesn't believe stuff like that is good. It really is a Palm Frond. And I actually think it is a pretty nice logo.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Hahaha
[Emoji2]
I bet 9 out of 10 people will say that's a weed leaf.
From only seeing from far it's probably 10 out of 10
:p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Okay, look, I was clowning around and in trouble-maker mode when I made the comments about the Nexy logo looking like a marijuana leaf.

It's not, right! I know it isn't. The guy from Nexy is a religious guy and doesn't believe stuff like that is good. It really is a Palm Frond. And I actually think it is a pretty nice logo.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

I was dead serious when I said I will never wear Nexy clothes because it is a weed leaf.

Really, Carl?:p

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
That's a weed leaf. I googled palm frond, doesn't even come close to those:

Palm.JPG

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I have to admit, the logo made me hesitate to ever buy something from Nexy.

Not that I am opposed to people who wish to "partake". The last time I did was about 35 years ago, though. I smoked enough for a lifetime before that.

And no, I have never seen anything on a palm tree that looks like that logo.

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
L2R:

40&B-Painz, NL, Ilia, MaTT, Sum Dude named Carl, hiz friend name to me unknown, and Urs truly Der_Echte.

The guy in between the shorties named USD and Der is not a forum member but his name is Dave. He is one of my favorite training partners.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Reactions: Nuke Skywalker
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
There are some similarities but I prefer Karis. Hard to give specific reasons why. I think Karis is even more predictable as a user. I think people who like MX-S are going to like Karis a lot, as it gives you even more of what makes MX-S nice.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
There are some similarities but I prefer Karis. Hard to give specific reasons why. I think Karis is even more predictable as a user. I think people who like MX-S are going to like Karis a lot, as it gives you even more of what makes MX-S nice.

Not sure I agree with this. MX-S is very spinny and had a high throw on loop drives. Amazing for looping backspin. It also has a soft top sheet on a hard sponge. Yes it's blocking is good and controlled, but it is definitely heavily spin oriented.

Karis is more all round. You don't get a high throw on drives and it more clearly bottoms out than MX-S. Theyou both block topspin well but with MX-S I usually feel there is effort required to get the ball moving. And of course, MX-S is heavier.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
FWIW, the rubber I have tried lately tnat I like best after Karis is EL-S. After that, Stiga Mantra M (probably H is bettdt).

Reactions: Ilia Minkin