Any Rubber better than Tenergy?

This user has no status.
Hey guys , just wanted to know is there any better rubber than Tenergy after the changes in balls or any new rubber?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
There are loads "better" than tenergy but it depends what kind of player you are
if youre looking for rubbers for the new ball why not try out some of the "p" series rubbers: Donic Acuda Blue, Joola maxxx p for example

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 7 reviews
It really depends on what your game it. T05 is such a good rubber for playing topspin on any ball but it's hard to block with it. Smashing is not that easy and receiving serves are also tricky. This is why I'm not playing with T05 on my backhand or forehand. My topspin will be a bit spinnier with it but it's not worth the trade off in the other departments of the game.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would say this for sure:

People who really like Tenergy can find other rubbers they can use pretty much exactly the same way and not feel like they are sacrificing much if anything -- or if they sacrifice in one dimension of the sport, they gain equally in others. A few years back that really wasn't true*.

* By which I mean that something like Andro Hexer really wasn't in the same universe as Tenergy 05, but something like Tibhar Evolution MX-P certainly is.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
* By which I mean that something like Andro Hexer really wasn't in the same universe as Tenergy 05, but something like Tibhar Evolution MX-P certainly is.

Better watch out what you say. On any given week NextLevel may say Hexer is the rubber for him. I know, on other weeks it will be Omega V Asia or Baracuda. Back in the day it was MX-S.

But, you never know, T05 may be the best again this week. [emoji2]

Okay, hopefully you guys know I'm joking. But "best" is probably not the best way of framing a question about rubbers. The person who is using the rubber and the how they use it need to be taken into consideration.

So, Hexer or Baracuda may be rubbers that work better for a certain person. Even if they are not better rubbers than T05.

Hopefully this makes sense.

Personally, I have started noticing that, whatever rubber I am using currently, becomes the best rubber for me, once I am fully used to it. It's nice to develop your feel with one product. But every once in a while changing things is good.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I would say this for sure:

People who really like Tenergy can find other rubbers they can use pretty much exactly the same way and not feel like they are sacrificing much if anything -- or if they sacrifice in one dimension of the sport, they gain equally in others. A few years back that really wasn't true*.

Hexer blocks better than T05 and I know at least one player (not me) who will tell you that his technique is more effective with Hexer than with T05. Simon Gerada was also using Hexer when he was initially sponsored by Andro (don't know whether he has changed recently). The thing about Tenergy is not just the performance of the rubber when looping, but the spring sponge effect on a variety of strokes. IF you get absolutely used to the spring sponge, then there is little hope for you to really like anything else over time.

IF you aren't into spring sponge, there is lots of stuff you can try. I do agree that the stuff since the Bluefire/MX-P generation appeals more to Tenergy 05 users, and that since then, ESN stuff is broadly used by many top players reasonably well.

I also think the plastic ball change has narrowed the gap a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here is a review by tt89player which captures my sentiments exactly. I will post the google translation.

http://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-genius-vs-donic-baracuda-vs-andro-hexer/

Tibhar Genius vs. Donic Baracuda vs. andro Hexer

October 13, 2014 of tt89player
They were the answer to Butterfly's Tenergy 05. More spin, more arc, less abrasion. Reading through the descriptions enormous fall on many parallels. Even today, many swear topspin players on the first ESN generation after Tenergy. But even after so many years, opinions are still well apart. Can the pads replace Tenergy 05th Which lining comes ran closest? Are there any differences?
Caveat: No. None of the coatings is a 1: 1 replacement for Tenergy 05. For the material and feel should be different. The Tenergy 05 takes the ball a little better. The trajectory is higher. The spin is best. Nevertheless, the three pads offer basically similar playing characteristics: Low catapult at slow played balls, relatively high ball bounce and a tremendous amount of spin and pace Endschlägen.
The comparison of Genius, Baracuda and sorcerers

The sponges of the three coverings offer little difference. All are designed with large pores, but in spite of the hardness yet flexible. Sponge curing differ even (depending on weight and specimen 45-46 durometer).
The difference lies in each case in the upper. There the Donic Baracuda has the hardest top sheet, followed by Tibhar Genius. When Andro Hexer this nuance is again flexible.
For many tests it became clear that the Donic Baracuda has the highest ball bounce. Almost as high as the Tenergy 05. This makes the game feel the most compact impression.
The Tibhar Genius is the golden mean in terms of the height of the ball take-off. In addition, it was noted that the Tibhar Genius is the best for the dynamic topspin. The "speed glue effect" is most pronounced of all three.
When Andro Hexer the benefits were compared to the other two plates in half-distance. Through the flexible upper and the biggest catapult Gegentopspinralleys were the best discipline. The bounce of the ball was also the lowest, which should be clear here that this statement can be made only when compared to the other surfaces. Basically the Andro Hexer has a high ball bounce.
What about all three rubbers still remains worth mentioning is the enormous durability. All pads can be long play without the wear progresses quickly. Even played coverings are yet usable for all stroke types.
During Donic Baracuda with € 39.90 is the best, followed by the Tibhar Genius with € 41.90. With € 43.95 of Andro Hexer is the most expensive.
Conclusion

All three coverings remain even 5 years after appearing great alternatives for the modern topspin players. The differences are small, especially coverings sometimes fail depending on weight harder or softer and then relativize certain differences or larger. The tests are based on years of experience and many conversations with players who put up on these surfaces. The advantages over a Tenergy 05 are that all three coatings are playing more forgiving and easier. The average susceptibility is less. Nevertheless, the T05 has the most spin or the greatest spin. Much but not lack the genius, Baracuda and sorcerers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
I have 2 HL-5 blades that I play with. One has Ten.05 2.1 mm. on the b/h and the other has Rakza 7 max (boosted) on the b/h. I actually play better with the Rakza 7 but it feels some what like the Ten. 05 to me but with better control. I know good payers that are still using Mark V and getting alot of spin on their shots, so it's what rubber one plays best with.

This user has no status.
IF you aren't into spring sponge, there is lots of stuff you can try. I do agree that the stuff since the Bluefire/MX-P generation appeals more to Tenergy 05 users, and that since then, ESN stuff is broadly used by many top players reasonably well.

True. I find that there isn't much difference switching to Bluefire M1 or MX-P from Tenergy. I did have to train myself to brush more not to put the ball off the table with these rubbers but once you get that feel, they are interchangeable.

The only time I seriously saw a benefit to switching rubbers is when I played some players who had extremely spinny slow BH's. I was using Adidas P7 on the BH and the ball would vault off my blocks even when I tried to relax the block. Switched to T25 fx 1.9 and it was a lot more forgiving. Now on T80fx which is great all around.

I agree with anchorschmidt about T05 being tricky to block and serve return with at times. I guess you can't have a spring loaded rubber that turns itself down when you don't need it :cool:

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Hexer blocks better than T05 and I know at least one player (not me) who will tell you that his technique is more effective with Hexer than with T05. Simon Gerada was also using Hexer when he was initially sponsored by Andro (don't know whether he has changed recently). The thing about Tenergy is not just the performance of the rubber when looping, but the spring sponge effect on a variety of strokes. IF you get absolutely used to the spring sponge, then there is little hope for you to really like anything else over time.

I also think the plastic ball change has narrowed the gap a little.

I am going to politely assume that you just didn't notice that I predicated my comment as referring to "people who really like Tenergy"; otherwise I would have to reach the conclusion that sometimes you just write stuff to be argumentative. Very few people who really like the way Tenergy plays (especially people who like 05 the best of the series) are going to pick Hexer over one of the various Evolution, Bluefire or Rasant series made by ESN -- because this is a subset of players who don't choose a rubber on the basis of how well it blocks!

Now, as to what rubbers are "better than Tenergy"? Who knows? It depends on what you like and can use most effectively. But for people who like Tenergy, it's not the only game in town.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Would you say that Bluefire M1 is like a cheaper tenergy 05?

(I just want to save money)

If you're wondering, my playstyle is: aggressive openers and mid-distance loops.

I use tenergy 05 for my RPB.

I find Evolution MX-P to be closer to Tenergy 05 than Bluefire M1, but that is on my forehand. Not sure about how it would work on a RPB. But it is worth considering. They are about the same price I think. Maybe someone where you play uses it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Would you say that Bluefire M1 is like a cheaper tenergy 05?

(I just want to save money)

If you're wondering, my playstyle is: aggressive openers and mid-distance loops.

I use tenergy 05 for my RPB.

For the backhand, there are a lot of cheaper Tenergy 05 substitutes but it all depends on your preferences. M1, Rasant, MX-P, Omega V Tour, Joola Maxx, Rakza 9/X - all those rubbers play aggressively enough with their extra booster to be used as aggressively as T05. You may not like the way the feel if you have a spring sponge addiction, though since you use Hurricane on the forehand, that is unlikely. You may even prefer them in some ways since ESN stuff is more "Chinese" in how it acts sometimes. The other thing you may or may not like is how the rubber degrades over time. This is another thing that keeps some people from switching to Tenergy. For pros who use and burn out rubbers fairly quickly, this is not a big issues, but for amateurs, you can likely use Tenergy 05 over a longer period than some of these rubbers, though how long it takes is personal.

Reactions: songdavid98
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
I find Evolution MX-P to be closer to Tenergy 05 than Bluefire M1, but that is on my forehand. Not sure about how it would work on a RPB. But it is worth considering. They are about the same price I think. Maybe someone where you play uses it.

Hi Baal, how comes you find Evolution MX-P closer to Tenergy than Bluefire M1? If Evolution and Bluefire are both made by ESN shouldn't they be the same?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi Baal, how comes you find Evolution MX-P closer to Tenergy than Bluefire M1? If Evolution and Bluefire are both made by ESN shouldn't they be the same?

That's an odd question but I will let Baal answer. ESN makes just about every popular euro rubber not named Tenergy with a few exceptions made in Japan and China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am going to politely assume that you just didn't notice that I predicated my comment as referring to "people who really like Tenergy"; otherwise I would have to reach the conclusion that sometimes you just write stuff to be argumentative. Very few people who really like the way Tenergy plays (especially people who like 05 the best of the series) are going to pick Hexer over one of the various Evolution, Bluefire or Rasant series made by ESN -- because this is a subset of players who don't choose a rubber on the basis of how well it blocks!

Now, as to what rubbers are "better than Tenergy"? Who knows? It depends on what you like and can use most effectively. But for people who like Tenergy, it's not the only game in town.

If I boost Hexer, I prefer it to many of those rubbers.