Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
There is still a speculation of fixing wang hao vs wang liqin in olympic semifinal 2004 because wang hao had only wins against ryu and wang liqin had + score but not a comfortable lead in previous encounters. Wang hao in general beated many times wang liqin (so its normal he won) , but my god if the CNT fixed that match im glad RSM whooped their asses.

Reactions: Michal_Z and eyepop
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Guys ZJK cho's when the heat is up he celebrated 2-3 times in 1st set, the other sets he was just super focused to get even in the score, its a classic ZJK behavior if u ask me . choing when gettin even or coming back. you can observe that in almost all of his crucial matches, finals and team events

Reactions: karibaci and bzing
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
First, congrats ma long for you gold medal and New glam slam.
Second, let the blind think it is a fixed match.
Your performence is out of this Word and the blind fans of zjk never admit that.

Reactions: lawrence.monsieurr
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
You would think they would have a translator standing behind them to translate the announcements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
What an easy final! The runner-up is just a matter of who face ML at last :)

I am a big fan of ZJK, too. So I had prepared many excuses before the match even started:

1. He looks bored and sleepy, no motivation at all.

2. At xx:xx in xx set, he rubbed his shoulder/back/waist/knee, he must be injured again. Poor ZJK, lucky ML. ML never can beat a healthy ZJK anyway. What a bad day!

3. IMHO, he just played not even half of his potential, probably 1/3… no, must only be 1/10. Damn!

4. Initially ZJK didn’t let ML playing his game, but suddenly he lost his focus and a lucky ML made a comeback.

5. ML was so lucky today, so many edge and net balls.

6. I dun understand ZJK, why he did not want to play his short game. He must have let ML win to increase number of Grand Slam players for China. What a LORD of Table Tennis!

7. (Or) ZJK did not use his short game. This match must have been arranged in favor of ML to join Grand Slam team.

8. Come on guys, Olympic is not that big event yet. Kuwait Open was bigger, where ZJK crushed ML so badly.

9. Wait, did you forget that ZJK won ML in World Cup two years ago, where ZJK TOTALLY CRUSHED ML with 4-3 and 12-10 in the final set? Today ZJK simply did not have a mood to play, that’s all!

10. ZJK only plays when it matters. For this Olympic, China surely secures Gold and Silver Medals, regardless his loss or win. So it DOESN’T MATTER anymore.

11. ZJK was too rush and made so many unforced errors, he simply just lost to himself. What a lucky ML!

12. ZJK’s intentional losses help TT community to have better definition on IMPORTANT MATCHES, which are clearly not OG nor WTTC ones, but Kuwait Open, World Cup, and Chinese Trials.

Feel free to use any of those, guys! Lets fight for ZJK =)))

funny but how many WTTTC does ma long have?

wang hao still in paris, waiting for him at the table

hahahaha just couldnt help my self. good effort though

p.s. teach me please.

As I saw it,

I don't think Zhang Jike had ANY chance today to beat Ma Long. Like someone already said, Ma was prepared for everything. Nobody, no one, I repeat, no one could have beaten Ma Long today. His mindset was perfect, he wasn't nervous at all, and played to perfection. No matter what Jike tried, Ma Long always had the perfect answer. This was Ma Long's best performance of his life, and not even ZJK can deal with this kind of performance.

Dear ZJK fans, stop bitching about ZJK being injured or being bored, this is the OLYMPIC FINAL?! Do you really think that ZJK would lose on purpose? Do you think he gives a single **** about match fixing or Ma Long's GS? Sometimes, you just have to accept greatness, like Jike did in this match. Somewhere, halfway in this match, he acknowledged Ma Long's superiority today. And that is what everyone should do now. I was rooting for Jike the whole match, even at 10-4 in the third, but got over the fact that Ma was in a world of his own today. As should everyone here.

Let us all take a moment and send Ma Long our congratiulations. If anyone deserves it, it is him.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
I strongly believe that the era of ma ling wang liqin and the youngsters afterwards are not participating in fixed matches. I believe that because, wang hao could have easily completed a grand slam, missing only the olympics

The conspiracy theory says that Wang Hao was not allowed to do so as the punishment for losing to Ryu Seung Min in 2004 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Even I'm a Zhang jike fan but come on guys! Ma Long simply played better today and of course he deserved to win. I'm just a bit disappointed because it wasn't a very close match.

yeap my thoughte exactly. ZJK basically tried to steal the match quickly and when the execution/tactics didnt paid off the game was basically over in 2-0.

Reactions: lawrence.monsieurr