Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Ha ha , exactly .. btw for the record I agree with 2,4 and 6 and completely disagree with 1,3 and 5 :p
Hahaha.

1) I know Ma Long is going to do it. I don't have a doubt. Now everyone will know that he is really the better player.

2) Zhang Jike is gonna make Ma Long cry like a little girl!

3) No way! ML is gonna make ZJK cry this time.

4) ZJK all the way. ML can't handle the pressure.

5) ML too good for ZJK.

6) ZJK too good for ML.

Hahaha.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
Well fair or not LXX made a miss after miss after miss on relatively easy balls. DN definitely wanted it more I give her that, LXX was better in tactics and execution, but the patience & focus simply was not there at crucial points in the last two games. When LXX played with all her might I only saw one player at the table.

In two sets she was losing 4 points down and came back convincingly same thing at the deciding set

I've always thought that LXX is the better player to Ding Ning, so I dont deny that. Any sport, mental toughness plays a large part of the skill set, not just the physical. That's why I said that, at this match, Ding Ning was the better player who had less unforced errors towards the end.

ML and ZJK is the same. They both got the skills and talent but it'll all come down to nerves and unforced errors for who ever loses.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Malong is stronger technically, on his 'A' game. BUT - and here is the thing - Zhang Jike is stronger, clearly, mentally. Even though Ma has got better mentally, there is something about ZJK that he cant cope with. Basically, Zjang does his Jedi mind tricks on Ma and ties him up on the REALLY BIG stage. So my prediction - Ma will probably be frozen out again.

Even though I want Ma Long to win, what you've said makes perfect sense. If ML can't bring his A game, ZJK will eat him alive..but if anyone can beat ZJK, it would be ML. As long as he lets everything go and play without doubts, he could win. Here's to hoping!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Ehhh guys! Long time no see.

Im really looking forward to watch the final tonight, because unfortunately I couldnt watch any match so far.
Like, most of the links doesn't work for me or they are lagging alot (having a good internet connection). Could be nice if you could post or PM some alternative links or the usual ones for another try. Thank you alot guys. Wish you fun watching the match!

Located in Germany by the way.

Greetings

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
So this what I think looking at the pattern of the last few matches between the two ... the first 4 games are going to be decided on the basis of who plays the first three balls better .
Ma Long has an advantage with serve and Zhang Jike on Serve receive.
ZJK has brought a lot more variety in his serves and third ball attacks off late and he is going for the forehand flick more often ...

for ZJK to win this match comfortably he has to take at least a 3-1 lead in the first 4 games ...

It will become a lot trickier if its 2-2 . Then it will start getting into longer rallies and even though Jun Mizutani's power is nowehere near ZJK , we saw in the semifinal that Ma Long's footwork is turning on when needed, we will know how far ZJK has been able to recover from his back issues if it gets to that situation and whether he has been able to fix his inability to go for wide forehands will be tested as well ...

but somehow I sense an urgency in ZJK that was missing earlier , so I will keep my fingers crossed that he can put the disappointments of the last few years past him ... the fact that he said that winning till semifinals is for the country and the final is for me , tells me that he is going to put 100% out there ... but yes , it would have been a lot more fun to have had this match up in 2012 london , then we could have witnessed two players in their prime, ZJK is clearly past his , physically ...

to summarize, it will be almost like watching Ma Lin vs Wang Liqin , the modern gambler and rebel going up against the consistent good player and good boy of the CNT ..

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 4 reviews
I was watching with my 5 year old son to the world cup final between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, where Zhang trashed a few barriers after winning.

I prefer Ma Long to win this upcoming final; he's a much better role model for all those young table tennis players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Ehhh guys! Long time no see.

Im really looking forward to watch the final tonight, because unfortunately I couldnt watch any match so far.
Like, most of the links doesn't work for me or they are lagging alot (having a good internet connection). Could be nice if you could post or PM some alternative links or the usual ones for another try. Thank you alot guys. Wish you fun watching the match!

Located in Germany by the way.

Greetings

http://rio.sportschau.de/rio2016/live/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
I was watching with my 5 year old son to the world cup final between Ma Long and Zhang Jike, where Zhang trashed a few barriers after winning.

I prefer Ma Long to win this upcoming final; he's a much better role model for all those young table tennis players.

I agree, it was terribly traumatizing. I'm still trying to recover...

says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
says Do you guys have streaks where you are just not playing...
Jun 2011
Read 6 reviews
Its almost as if Zhang KNOWS he will beat Ma - either that, or he has started the mind games, with his quotes of 'the semis were for my country, the final is for me' ...... He certainly has an innate inner belief which Ma lacks. Let the Jedi mind games begin.... This game will not be won on the table - but in the players heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTFrenzy
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Its almost as if Zhang KNOWS he will beat Ma - either that, or he has started the mind games, with his quotes of 'the semis were for my country, the final is for me' ...... He certainly has an innate inner belief which Ma lacks. Let the Jedi mind games begin.... This game will not be won on the table - but in the players heads.

Spoken by the jedimaster! [emoji2]

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: ttmonster