Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am rooting for Samsonov. But I am a realist. I am pretty confident it will end up with ML vs ZJK as the finals. Although I totally love fanTT's idea of them both losing and facing off in the Bronze Medal Match.

As far as ZJK is concerned, he is one strange character. I think a lot of what he does is because he doesn't want to show himself int the smaller tournaments. If he played his real, full game all the time, it would be much easier for other players to adjust adjust to what he does. So I think he hides a lot of his weapons which are spin variation from massive to minimal particularly from the BH.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Oh dear it looks like we didn't get a good commentator for this Ma Long, Mizutani final.

Hasn't actually commentated on table tennis yet.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Its possible Carl but like everything else he does it would take a lot of guts to keep doing it , can you imagine playing olympics not knowing whether you can turn it on when you really need it at the international level ? I still think its a simple case of injuries and lack of motivation because of those injuries ...
I am rooting for Samsonov. But I am a realist. I am pretty confident it will end up with ML vs ZJK as the finals. Although I totally love fanTT's idea of them both losing and facing off in the Bronze Medal Match.

As far as ZJK is concerned, he is one strange character. I think a lot of what he does is because he doesn't want to show himself int the smaller tournaments. If he played his real, full game all the time, it would be much easier for other players to adjust adjust to what he does. So I think he hides a lot of his weapons which are spin variation from massive to minimal particularly from the BH.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Yes , but look at the bright side ...
We learnt a lot about :

1. shape of the ball
2. right baseline
3. taking timeout to discuss with coach what he things about the opportunity , when ML made a comeback to 8-7 ....

You have to hand it to the guy he sounds like somebody with a lot of "winging" experience in writing college essays ....
Oh dear it looks like we didn't get a good commentator for this Ma Long, Mizutani final.

Hasn't actually commentated on table tennis yet.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Its possible Carl but like everything else he does it would take a lot of guts to keep doing it , can you imagine playing olympics not knowing whether you can turn it on when you really need it at the international level ? I still think its a simple case of injuries and lack of motivation because of those injuries ...

I wouldnt be surprised if what carl said was true especially against the chinese players. I dont think there is a reason to hide his A game from other players except maybe boll and ovtcharov, there are countless games in pro tours that we witnessed ZJK winning simply by blocking

Besides ttmonster, dont forget that he is practicing 8 hours a day so its not a case of simply turning it on, its something he has done for years in practice. I know for sure that the chinese are using pro tours as training matches, testing new things/tactics and stuff ( a chinese english speaker translated wu jingping interview in mytt forum)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Ma long using the long toss heavy backspin serve. Sounds like an end. did you guys take a look at show man around 5-3.

Well, Mystic Mac became a bad gig. Except for Troth, Except Jonathan everybody is giving hard time to ML. Olympic wow what can I say?

Last edited: