Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
The guy commentating the Ding Ning quarter final on NBC sounds like he's never played table tennis before.

Is there anybody familiar with table tennis they can use to commentate these matches?

This is hugely disappointing. Where's the guy who commentates the ITTF tournaments?

same circumstance on german streams ;(

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
The guy commentating the Ding Ning quarter final on NBC sounds like he's never played table tennis before. Is there anybody familiar with table tennis they can use to commentate these matches? This is hugely disappointing. Where's the guy who commentates the ITTF tournaments?
I have just sent BBC comments about this commentator on https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mysv/contact Please help getting rid of the commentator if you can. I really wish that he's not commentating this evening. My comments: "The commentator is completely novice in the game of Table Tennis (TT). Two examples: (1) from his surprised reaction to the world number 2, Ding Ning's services, It is obvious that this is his first few times watching the world number 2's TT game. (2) He does not know the rule of table tennis (e.g. regarding edge balls) enough to judge which player won the point, and why he/she won it. (3) He is rambling, while the point is being played, on his first impression of the sports without any insights at all. I hope BBC would find someone who at least knows the game a little bit better to commentate during the Olympics. Many thanks."

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Well done man we have the same issue on French TV. Such a pity they don't find someone good enough to properly comment the games. But european broadcasters don't care about Table Tennis anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
I have just sent BBC comments about this commentator on https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mysv/contact Please help getting rid of the commentator if you can. I really wish that he's not commentating this evening. My comments: "The commentator is completely novice in the game of Table Tennis (TT). Two examples: (1) from his surprised reaction to the world number 2, Ding Ning's services, It is obvious that this is his first few times watching the world number 2's TT game. (2) He does not know the rule of table tennis (e.g. regarding edge balls) enough to judge which player won the point, and why he/she won it. (3) He is rambling, while the point is being played, on his first impression of the sports without any insights at all. I hope BBC would find someone who at least knows the game a little bit better to commentate during the Olympics. Many thanks."

Yes I believe we must have had the same commentator. He was awful.

Couldn't even name her serve and was just generic with every play he called.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I have no shred of doubts that Ma Long will take the gold. Youngsik was playing like a madman and I dare say that if he was facing ZJK at that time, JYS would have dismantled the champ. Anyway, it's funny to see that people are giving credit to ML's, supposedly, nerves but not Youngsik's godly play. If it was ZJK, the 'he wasn't serious and doesn't care' line would have thrown around a lot.

If anything, Youngsik is showing us that at his best, he could match the CNT.

Yeah I did when I was verbally commentating the match to those who cannot watch. I have been following Korean youngsters for a while, but yesterday was my first time I have seen Jung playing that god mode, just as same as his teammate Le Sang Su at Korea Open few years ago winning against ML.

Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH attacks and giving the whole table to Jung who is certainly playing his best. I could see Jung was so relaxed and his shots outsmarted most of ML's in BH (and some FH, too) with his amazing placement variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Yeah I did when I was verbally commentating the match to those who cannot watch. I have been following Korean youngsters for a while, but yesterday was my first time I have seen Jung playing that god mode, just as same as his teammate Le Sang Su at Korea Open few years ago winning against ML.

Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH attacks and giving the whole table to Jung who is certainly playing his best. I could see Jung was so relaxed and his shots outsmarted most of ML's in BH (and some FH, too) with his amazing placement variation.

some really high top level expert analysis right there. please teach me!

this time i stopped reading at this exact phrase "Anything can happen when the top player like ML too afraid to execute his powerful weapon FH "

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Damn, this guy really enjoy arguing. Do me a favor, plz just stay away from me as far as possible. If you look for conflict and arguement, go for somebody else at your level of understanding and having that much free time.

Table tennis is just a game for fun to me, and TTD is where I can go during lunch break.

Let me enjoy Olympic, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Damn, this guy really enjoy arguing. Do me a favor, plz just stay away from me as far as possible. If you look for conflict and arguement, go for somebody else at your level of understanding and having that much free time.

Table tennis is just a game for fun to me, and TTD is where I can go during lunch break.

Let me enjoy Olympic, thanks!

but im not even reading you. i guess i should go and talk to liu guoliagn then you go and try to analyze the games with your buddies! sounds fair :DDDDD xD and other smileys spam

says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
says Do you change your rubber in your same blade (infinity...
Jun 2016
Read 6 reviews
Just watched the Ovtcharov vs Tokic highlights, beautiful match. Ovtcharov celebrated as if it was a semi final victory. This olympics has taken a different course than expected by majority. Crisan, Tokic, Aruna broke their limits and expectations of many. Interesting and good for the sport :)

Can you give me a link of highlights please ??

Reactions: redonix76
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
says TTD Team vs Pongfinity OUT NOW on our YT Channel
Administrator
Oct 2010
Who's got there popcorn ready for the first quarter final encounter?

Going to be a close one we think.

Dima or Samsonov?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Is there a reason I can't find any highlights videos of the women's matches? Definitely feeling a gender bias in your coverage.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2016
in my opinion ovtcharov improved his agility and fitness. for this reason i think he will perform good and wins. but hell yeah this is going to be an awesome match

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
you are right but Samsonov operates in stealth mode and the older he is getting the hungrier he is ... so I think this is going to be nail biting but because I like his style and personality off the court ( except when he has to support TTX ) which is more strategy and touch instead of all out power , I would root for him ...
in my opinion ovtcharov improved his agility and fitness. for this reason i think he will perform good and wins. but hell yeah this is going to be an awesome match

Reactions: NextLevel