Who do you think will win the Rio Olympics 2016?

• Ma Long

Votes: 106 67.1%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 34 21.5%
  • Dimitirj Ovtcharov

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Chuang Chih Yuan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wong Chun Ting

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Jeoung Youngsik

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Hi Dan,
Look forward to the competition, but it seems like you've nicked my choices already!
Dima to beat ZJK in the semi, but, loses to ML in the final (who beats JM in the other semi).
May as well just give me the prizes now ;) !

Good question, there isn't currently but we will look into it Ilia.

Haha! We will launch a competition shortly. Looking forward to seeing your choices Ardenhouse :)

The draw will be very interesting. Boll and Samsonov could definitely cause a threat. I have been thinking this recently, Dima beats Zhang Jike in semi finals and then plays Ma Long in the final. Similar to when Ryu Seung Min beat Wang Hao in the Athens Final in 2004, Dima will hit peak performance and completely buzz and his first ever victory against Ma Long will be at the Olympics. Just a dream? :)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi Dan,
Look forward to the competition, but it seems like you've nicked my choices already!
Dima to beat ZJK in the semi, but, loses to ML in the final (who beats JM in the other semi).
May as well just give me the prizes now ;) !

You forgot about Chuang, Wong and Boll - they all might cause some surprise. Chuang already beat ZJK and he can beat Dima too. Boll is unpredictable, last they beat even Dima, so he can be dangerous especially to Mizutani and ZJK. Wong has a good ratio against mizutani as well.
All depends how main draw will look like.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
As much as I'd love to see Boll do really well, I feel that he no longer has the staying power to go all the way. Having seen Liam Pitchford nearly beat Mizutani, I also feel that JM won't win. I'm pretty certain that Ma Long will be hitting top form, it's what their goal must be, and so he will be virtually impossible to beat over the duration, especially in the final. I'm going to say that there will be some surprises along the way, but not too many, and not to the very top ranked players.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Pictures via ITTF Facebook. Team China arrived in Rio and on their first day they were already training and preparing in the practice hall!

70732cae3ba8927050f8d7f405aadbb5.jpg
ab1f7af18aed30ea59bb0778fb818cec.jpg
36a825f37a2aba7f1f1a89af5815f61c.jpg
99bf5635a83fbff1e9d48d3338f0b93f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Team England players heading to Rio!

bf3dba0773076b1c9f6495fe83a42caa.jpg

Ha - Cooke's face here. "Typical, stuck on a long haul flight with noisy kids behind me. Where are their parents? Stewardess, whiskey please and keep it coming"

Pictures via ITTF Facebook. Team China arrived in Rio and on their first day they were already training and preparing in the practice hall!

99bf5635a83fbff1e9d48d3338f0b93f.jpg

I was told that just this chinese training center floor cost 250 thousand reais or 70 thousand euros. It was all paid by the chinese Team. Also it is located in Sport Club Pinheiros, one of the most expensive in Sao Paulo. Certainly they have the best training facilities of all delegations.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I was told that this chinese training center cost 150 thousand reais or 42 thousand euros. It was all paid by the chinese Team. Also it is located in Sport Club Pinheiros, one of the most expensive in Sao Paulo. Certainly they have the best training tfacilities of all delegations.

Oh wow so the building they are in here is their own private training room?

Oh wow so the building they are in here is their own private training room?

I wished that this cost was to build a new one, but this was just the cost to adapt a futsal court at the club. The chinese team asked that it remains very private, but I was told that the associates at the Sport Club could watch some of the training. The other country that I know that have their own private training room is Japan.

Last edited:
Reactions: eyepop and Dan
This user has no status.
I wished that this cost was to build a new one, but this was just the cost to adapt a futsal court at the club. The chinese team asked that it remains very private, but I was told that the associates at the Sport Club could watch some of the training. The other country that I know that have their own private training room is japan.
What about Germany? They also seem to be well funded, i guess ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

What about Germany? They also seem to be well funded, i guess ?

Don't know about the Germans. My source is very reliable as him is the major supplier for table tennis products in Brazil. But he only told me about the two. Some countries could have asked him secrecy.

Reactions: achalwins94
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 6 reviews
I think LGL regrets that he chose ZJK. Now all china coaches Wonder what they can do to make ZJK go to the final. He is the only person who can beat ma long, if he reaches the final. Now I would say it is 50:50.

Completely agree, however I think Zhang Jike will be less likely to lose to lower ranked players at such a prestigious event as the Olympics. We never really know what can happen !

Reactions: Dan