Neck pain

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My recommendation is to go to a military boot camp for 10 weeks. You will have other pain to take your attention away from neck.

Very high likelihood many peoples' back and neck problems are from terrible posture, way too much sitting down, ineffective sleep position, lack of quality sleep, poor support from bed/mattress, poor nutrition and you name it. I have seen something as simple as carrying a wallet in back pocket all the time and doing the sitting/driving give people major back problems. We don't know all the OP friend's circumstances, but Nuke/Carl & Co said a lot of the basic applicable general stuff.

Our modern work makes a LOT of us sit for way too long, and many people who work or not, choose to sit down WAY too much. Add that to other negative factors and you can get some bad stuff happening.

Why would boot camp be a good thing? Well, if not boot camp, anything that gets a person to move around a lot and not sit all day, plus get at least enough structured sleep and nutrition.

Who said you couldn't save lives with push-ups?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
guys, it seems to me that you are too dramatic. Just try strong painkillers

Any particular reason you are responding to a thread that is over 4 years old? I doubt OP still has the same issues 4 years later. :)

I guess, a question that comes to mind: Are you human? Or are you a bot? :) Do you Play TT? What blade and rubbers do you use? :)

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
And what is your favorite alternative to Tenergy? (This is a trick question). I await the cognicenti providing the correct answer.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
and what is your favorite alternative to tenergy? (this is a trick question). I await the cognicenti providing the correct answer.

diggy-nicks!!!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
No no no! Clearly my attempts to teach you mortals have been in vain. It's in The Rules! To whit:

There is no alternative to Tenergy. Stop asking.

Now I know how Moses felt when he came down from the mountain to find his people worshiping a giant golden bull.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2017
Even though the reply that awakened this thread was most likely a bot, I think this made me discover it and read through all the excellent advice :) I too live a very much sitting life and sometimes experience neck pain.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Jul 2020
I'm also thinking a good diet could help, like not to eat hamburgers and fried food.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In all seriousness, once on a trip in Japan I discovered very ancient styles of pillows that are filled with buckwheat or millet (I prefer millet). There is nothing better. It stays cool and, with the right amount of grains in them, which you can adjust, quickly takes on the optimal shape to support your head and neck in the optimal position, no mater how you sleep. It is vastly superior to anything else I have experienced. As soon as I got back to the US I bought several. I even have one I take with me on trips.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
When I have neck pain, first step is to go to https://www.youtube.com/user/toneandtighten on YouTube, and watch the exercises/lectures about the neck (he is a great physical therapist). Then do the exercises daily. Unless there is a more severe issue the pain will go away. I had severe back pain around March 2019 and this approach worked for me (Jared has a couple of great exercises for strengthening the back on YouTube).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
I'm also thinking a good diet could help, like not to eat hamburgers and fried food.

Diet has almost no effect on this. Seriously speaking, neck pain is a serious symptom. There may be a pinched or inflamed nerve. I would make an appointment with a doctor in this case. There are techniques such as acupuncture or manual massage but this is prescribed by the doctor depending on the situation.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
He could try neckhammock.com. Some very gentle traction could not hurt. If he wants to try a free approach first here is one anybody can do with no equipment. Lie with your back and head on the floor. Use a bed or chair to rest all the weight of your lower legs. So your knees are bent at 90° angle. Lie there calmly and breathe, and let the floor take your weight as all the muscles of your back and neck gradually release from their spasm. When you are actually lying flat with little tension gently roll onto your side and get up. It can take 20 or 30 minutes of lying there. Do not hold a phone, do not watch videos. Play music or a podcast or something so your arms are also resting fully on the floor. If that seems too boring for him, suggest he googles "failed neck surgery syndrome" and read the stories of people's lives being literally destroyed forever. It is highly motivational.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
He could try neckhammock.com. Some very gentle traction could not hurt. If he wants to try a free approach first here is one anybody can do with no equipment. Lie with your back and head on the floor. Use a bed or chair to rest all the weight of your lower legs. So your knees are bent at 90° angle. Lie there calmly and breathe, and let the floor take your weight as all the muscles of your back and neck gradually release from their spasm. When you are actually lying flat with little tension gently roll onto your side and get up. It can take 20 or 30 minutes of lying there. Do not hold a phone, do not watch videos. Play music or a podcast or something so your arms are also resting fully on the floor. If that seems too boring for him, suggest he googles "failed neck surgery syndrome" and read the stories of people's lives being literally destroyed forever. It is highly motivational.

This is from 2016. Why do you guys keep getting fooled by spambots waking up dead threads?