europe sucks

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2016
there's basically 1.5 months, in some places 2 months, when there is no activity at all.
all clubs are closed, no competitions, nothing.
how are people supposed to improve and catch up with the kukamonga with this lazy ass schedule?

guitshhhh!!! guitshhhh!!!
ringleader-ringmaster-whip-circle-retro-aloysius-patrimonio.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I hate that time too. I want to play table tennis EVERY week :)

and most players don't even wait to july, when yearly competition is over they start disappearing.
april, may, june, there's few people.

it's like the supermarkets, I go to supermarket at 8:20pm and it's closed.
wtf!!!!
it's like still the afternoon and everything closed.
in buenos aires supermarkets close at 10pm!!!!
and some chinese owned supermarkets after 10pm.

then we wonder why the chinese are always the champions!!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
and then in the end of the year they stop again because it's christmas, it's new year....
wtf!!!!!
can't get any lazier than this!!!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
and then in the end of the year they stop again because it's christmas, it's new year....
wtf!!!!!
can't get any lazier than this!!!!

I feel you kukamonga! I hate this! However the good thing is you can play everywhere outside, atleast in germany and switzerland. You just have to find yourself a partner.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
the time off is regardless. The reason why Europe never brings enough champions is it cost 2-4 euro to play in a club in the middle of no where (car required), for couple of hours tops (say they open 6-8) and they work monday and friday, some even are proud of themselves when they work on wednesday. And anybody who's taken table tennis to a next level have flew to Germany to get coached and train there every day for many hours. That is why the situation is europe is so diabolical. It's time to recommend new comers who want to take on the sport to just go on ebay and get the materials needed for a DIY Robot and nail some x2 18mm plywood to get 26mm of pro grade bounce worth of 900$, and occasionally invite your friends to play........it's cheaper in the long run

What did Waldner said in the Podcast? He trained 6-8 hours a day sometimes and he enjoyed every moment he got to practice against different caliber players.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
the time off is regardless. The reason why Europe never brings enough champions is it cost 2-4 euro to play in a club in the middle of no where (car required), for couple of hours tops (say they open 6-8) and they work monday and friday, some even are proud of themselves when they work on wednesday. And anybody who's taken table tennis to a next level have flew to Germany to get coached and train there every day for many hours. That is why the situation is europe is so diabolical. It's time to recommend new comers who want to take on the sport to just go on ebay and get the materials needed for a DIY Robot and nail some x2 18mm plywood to get 26mm of pro grade bounce worth of 900$, and occasionally invite your friends to play........it's cheaper in the long run

What did Waldner said in the Podcast? He trained 6-8 hours a day sometimes and he enjoyed every moment he got to practice against different caliber players.

yes I see some of this.
it's like kids start and if they don't get to a high level fast they quit.
so there's not a substantial base of amateur players.

back in buenos aires the general level is lower but there is a big base of amateur players who just do it because they enjoy it.

here is like everything is for a goal.
"I train for the championship."
people don't just train for fun.
it seems like fun = going to the bar, or travelling.
they don't really see table tennis as fun.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Wow, this makes me realize how lucky I am to live where I do from a Table Tennis perspective. I always felt the US was far behind Europe in this aspect.

it's not europe or US.
small cities always have little activity, while bigger ones always have something going on.

still here they do have this culture here of "we open whenever we want".
supermarkets close at 8, sundays most of them don't open...
those small stores like kiosk or drugstores close at 6pm lol.
in buenos aires those are like open 24 hours.
so I guess they do the same with table tennis.
in buenos aires my last club even during public holidays they would open most times.
they had the key, they wanted to play so they open.
here everything has a protocol and a structure....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I think that it is same everywhere. There is allways players who keeps a nice long brake during summer and players who plays more in summer than during winter. Now I must run, practice time is about to begin....

I don't see the same in the US (Boston) - our club/league is as busy right now as it is throughout a year. Could be a Europe-specific thing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews
I think the reason for that is a different. Most clubs in Europe have their tables in school gyms. Meaning they close whenever the kids have holidays.
On the other hand that means that there are ALOT of clubs, because every little city has a school. for example at my place in like 10 square miles are about 20-30 clubs propbably even more. However only one or two have better players and like 95% only plays for fun. There are also very few coaches because the game isnt very seriously taken by most.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I think the reason for that is a different. Most clubs in Europe have their tables in school gyms. Meaning they close whenever the kids have holidays.
On the other hand that means that there are ALOT of clubs, because every little city has a school. for example at my place in like 10 square miles are about 20-30 clubs propbably even more. However only one or two have better players and like 95% only plays for fun. There are also very few coaches because the game isnt very seriously taken by most.

yes here too.
you go to a place, bamm!!!!!!! 8 new tables, anti slipping floor, buckets with balls, perfect lighting.....
and there's nobody playing.

just a few people, kind of refusing to let the sport die.

I remember back in buenos aires, maybe the best club, 4, 5 players from the national pre-selection training there every day....
and they had 4 tables.
3 of them actually usable.
the 4th you didn't have enough space to move.
the floor was the most slippery thing ever.
the roof was like a thin iron sheet.
when it rained it leaked like hell and many times forced you to stop.
during summer, it was like an oven.
yet every day you'd have 10 people training, most of them with ranking higher than US2100

life can be strange sometimes.....

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Dude, i think you´re comparing apples and oranges here.
Of course if you stay in a small town with a lower league club it´s a difference to for instance when you stay in Grenzau or in Düsseldorf or elsewhere where they have top league clubs.
And guess what: if you go to the right clubs you might even get to see one of the top pros practicing, little fanboy.

Here are just a few clubs for you:
www.borussia-duesseldorf.de
www.zugbruecke.de
www.masters-college.de (related to TTF Ochsenhausen)
www.qiutts.de (related to TTC Frickenhausen)

Maybe you shouldn´t write so much Bullshit about a country you know nothing of, except from a few months stay. How would you feel if someone writes about argentina if he´s only been there such a short time....
Sometimes reading your Posts is bad for my blood pressure

Guys, how can you take this Kuka-Knucklehead serious ?? PLEASE...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Dude, i think you´re comparing apples and oranges here.
Of course if you stay in a small town with a lower league club it´s a difference to for instance when you stay in Grenzau or in Düsseldorf or elsewhere where they have top league clubs.
And guess what: if you go to the right clubs you might even get to see one of the top pros practicing, little fanboy.

Here are just a few clubs for you:
www.borussia-duesseldorf.de
www.zugbruecke.de
www.masters-college.de (related to TTF Ochsenhausen)
www.qiutts.de (related to TTC Frickenhausen)

Maybe you shouldn´t write so much Bullshit about a country you know nothing of, except from a few months stay. How would you feel if someone writes about argentina if he´s only been there such a short time....
Sometimes reading your Posts is bad for my blood pressure

Guys, how can you take this Kuka-Knucklehead serious ?? PLEASE...

just for the record timo wannabe, I'm not in germany....
go eat that apple :D