Post your multiball session :D

This user has no status.
All advises welcome.

May I ask what your coach/partner told you when he came over to your side of the table?

Two things that I feel like you could work on are

a) more upper body rotation on forehand strokes
b) getting back into your initial/basic position after moving in towards the table for a push or flick.

Judging anything off of a couple minutes is difficult, but it seemed like a lot of speed in your forehand topspin is generated by your forearm. The overall movement looks tense because of that and not quite like a fluid motion. Try to give the ball more momentum by utilizing your entire upper body and turning your waist and chest towards the table instead of accelerating with your forearm. Having a fast arm movement is the bonus, but the rotation around the Y-axis together with bent knees is the foundation of the stroke if you ask me.

Now, on the topic ofb), I'm actually not sure whether you get stuck at the front and can't get into position for the forehand quick enough or if the multiball tempo is simply too rapid and should be tuned down a bit on the second ball in the excercise. I'll give my input anyways, consider it as you see fit. Generally, when moving in for the short game or opening up with a forehand flick you want to distribute the majority of your weight onto your right foot (or left for lefthanders respectively). That's the only way you'll be able to generate the explosive power required to push yourself back into the ready position and play a clean stroke afterwards.
Pushing yourself a tiny bit further away from the table could help a lot, I realized upon rewatching the clip that you tend to hit the ball when it's next to you, not in front of you. This makes it quite difficult to harmonize all the movements involved in the topspin and play a clean stroke, which leads to a couple of them looking like emergency strokes because your positioning in relation to the ball is off.

Below you can see what I mean by rotating the upper body and the waist towards the table. Obviously he generates a metric shit ton of power by swinging his arm from behind his knee to the forehead, but the body rotation is definitely a key component as well when it comes to building a powerful stroke.

Besides those two things, kudos for keeping it up at that kind of pace. You do seem tired in the video, and rightfully so. It can't get much more exhausting than multiball footwork drills in my opinion :p

May I ask what your coach/partner told you when he came over to your side of the table?

Sure you can. Thanks for the tips! He asked me to do it shortly, like the girls do. I know that I need to rotated my upper body and to return to initial position, and I'm working on it. But my body do not respond like I wish to. Also I needed to stay close to the table to practice short movements.

My coach compliments me about the amount of topspin I can add to the ball while he also tries to correct me of doing it only with the forearm movement. Really need to work on this.

Otherwise I really enjoyed my footwork on this day. Is not always like that. I'm 29 years old and only do 1.5 hours of exercises 2 times/week. While I also started training table tennis at 24 years old.

Ma Long is my role model. But he trained way more than me...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Ma Long is my role model. But he trained way more than me...

Very few people know this, but the "Ma" in Ma Long stands for Master :cool:

As I've already mentioned, it's difficult to judge something based off of a short clip. But your current level is remarkable for 5 years at 2-3 times a week.

Reactions: dirtyD and Suga D
This user has no status.
nice thread and nice video!!

here i have one video of me at a robot:

here at 0min50sec the real multi ball training with a trainer begins with a young girl, she´s only 11 years. after this little talent you can see me when i nearly break down because i had no power anymore :D last at multi ball is my partner in doubles last season, Moritz Voß. have fun :)

greetings!

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Here is one of me from last year in China. Was just working on stamina and consistency, getting through whole buckets with no breaks. Was 35-40 degrees celsius. Great training, I came out of my trip in good form when I needed it ;)

Here is one of me from last year in China. Was just working on stamina and consistency, getting through whole buckets with no breaks. Was 35-40 degrees celsius. Great training, I came out of my trip in good form when I needed it ;)

China is definitely the country of multiballs! I think that almost everyone could do multiballs for you... Wish that someday I could go there too. By the way, nice movements and consistency!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
nice thread and nice video!!

here i have one video of me at a robot:

here at 0min50sec the real multi ball training with a trainer begins with a young girl, she´s only 11 years. after this little talent you can see me when i nearly break down because i had no power anymore :D last at multi ball is my partner in doubles last season, Moritz Voß. have fun :)

greetings!

wow Marc... :eek: Chiara Baltus is totally amazing, she´s already a killer, and only twelve years old. I´m stunned or rather blizzed. :) Hopefully she´ll stick to tabletennis. She is so good. I´ve seen she´s already with the National Junior Talent Team. She then must know Yuki Tsutsui and her little sister Ayumu. She used to play for our neighbour club, but became the advice from DTTB to leave the club and play one or two leagues higher.

BTW you seem to be playing in a real good and cool Club. Annie Jordan also seemed to be knowing what she´s doing. Seems as if your team wants to be rising to the Next Level ( ;) ) or next higher League again with your new teammates.
Moritz Voß, he seems to be quite good as well. :)
Good luck to all of y´all for next season.
Thumbs up. [Emoji2]

Good show. Well done, Matt.

Last edited:
Reactions: slimjimmii
This user has no status.
wow Marc... :eek: Chiara Baltus is totally amazing, she´s already a killer, and only twelve years old. I´m stunned or rather blizzed. :) Hopefully she´ll stick to tabletennis. She is so good. I´ve seen she´s already with the National Junior Talent Team. She then must know Yuki Tsutsui and her little sister Ayumu. She used to play for our neighbour club, but became the advice from DTTB to leave the club and play one or two leagues higher.

BTW you seem to be playing in a real good and cool Club. Annie Jordan also seemed to be knowing what she´s doing. Seems as if your team wants to be rising to the Next Level ( ;) ) or next higher League again with your new teammates.
Moritz Voß, he seems to be quite good as well. :)
Good luck to all of y´all for next season.
Thumbs up. [Emoji2]

hey Suga D, u r right, Chiara ("Kiki") is a killer machine. and she is always very motivated to get better. Some requests came in for her to visit a table tennis sports school but its very expensive. She will play Regionalliga in the coming season in our club. this will be really hard there but good experiences :) i can ask her if she knows Yuki and her sister, but i think so.

yep, Annie is also good but not as talented as Kiki. She is now 17 years old and did some trainer exams. Some other younger player did that too, we have trainer overload if this continues :D this is very good thing for the future of our club. this was not always like this. after me the next player with some outlook to play in higher leagues is Moritz (18 years), so there is a big fat hole of 13 years. and this is not only a problem in our club, it´s a problem for whole Brandenburg.

to the "next level thing": my team mates and i dont want to get to next higher league (Oberliga) because of the far ways we have to drive (we had possibility to play coming season in Oberliga but we denied). not possible for us, most have to work long and dont want to spend whole weekend with table tennis (and few matches) :/ we will see how it will go, i will summarize some matches like last season.

thanks for compliments , i will tell it to them ^_^

Reactions: Suga D and Xyth