New ITTF Website has been released!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Also, new ITTF rules will be announced and it will really break the motivation of lots of players.
They will increase the NET HEIGHT officially as a new rule :(
unfortunately... I dunno the new net height, this is a leak news.

This is true? Where did you get this news?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
It's a shame. New website coming in august! Then: 'Further content will be appearing over the next month, including the itTV video streaming service, Para Table Tennis and tournament pages. Until then, feel free to head over to ITTF.com for all previous content.'
Okay, better later then never, but it's a little bit disappointing. And I can't find any clues of something new, it's just the modernized version of the old site.

This user has no status.
This is true? Where did you get this news?

I've learned last few week from a person who runs the only one table tennis news in Turkish to the fans who has very close relationship with our Table Tennis Federation. ITTF will announce new rules on 4th of August which is tomorrow. I hope, increasing NET HEIGHT is not real. :/

This user has no status.
I've learned last few week from a person who runs the only one table tennis news in Turkish to the fans who has very close relationship with our Table Tennis Federation. ITTF will announce new rules on 4th of August which is tomorrow. I hope, increasing NET HEIGHT is not real. :/

If I understood this announcement correctly, there will be a new discipline introduced, not a rule change. So, tt stays as it is, and a completely new ITTF discipline is introduced.
Anyway, we'll see soon enough.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews

it will be a new form of table tennis. they wont just change the rule without notice. they are already experimenting in germany with increased net height of 1 cm. So its not a big deal. rules will not change

Last edited:
This user has no status.
What does mean discipline in this setting?
My first thought is that boosting will be legal. This would fit both new rules, new equipment and broken barriers.

I'm not sure, but I think that a new discipline would be something different than tt. So, different name/rules/equipment etc. Like hardbat, only new. And it would be managed by ITTF.
I'm just guessing here, I have no info about this, I'm just reading their announcement and drawing conclusions.
We need to wait 3.5 h hours to find out what it's all about.

This user has no status.
What does mean discipline in this setting?
My first thought is that boosting will be legal. This would fit both new rules, new equipment and broken barriers.

it will be a new form of table tennis. they wont just change the rule without notice. they are already experimenting in germany with increased net height of 1 cm. So its not a big deal. rules will not change

It's like I thought. Another sport, no rule changes.
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...-revolution-of-table-tennis!&referrerid=25009

Reactions: TTFrenzy