Is Xiom Vega series suitable for plastic balls?

This user has no status.
Since there are heaps of xiom rubbers that I don't know what the difference between them, I was wondering if the older rubbers were any good with plastic balls. In the website for Xiom they claimed that some rubbers were 'plastic ready' while others are not, did this make the old rubbers obsolete and useless?

So if there is anyone still using the Vega series, especially Vega Asia, I would love to hear some feedback on how it plays with the plastic balls. Thanks!!! :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
In the website for Xiom they claimed that some rubbers were 'plastic ready' while others are not, did this make the old rubbers obsolete and useless?

Don´t believe the hype.

The first rubbers ready for THE plastic ball were introduced before anybody remotely knew where the development of plastic balls would go. As of now, there are huge differences between seamed and seamless balls, as I think we all agree. So for which of these balls would you like your rubber to be ready?

In general, each rubber generation promised more spin even with no changes to balls in sight. Now some manufacturers promise more spin because it´s needed for the plastic balls.

Surely you will find a newly developed rubber like an Evolution rubber superior to an early tensor generation. But the Vegas sure are good enough to be played well into the next incarnation of plastic balls.

Reactions: darnner123