Lets get Adam Bobrow to Rio!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
What's going on with the commentary in Rio? Where's the main man Adam Bobrow? I just watched a video on Facebook of Adam being at home commentating in front of his mum which is really funny but seriously he should be at the Olympics!

Isn't this best for the sport having Adam Bobrow, who has in depth knowledge and genuine excitement for the sport? That's what I want!

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fadam.bobrow.9%2Fvideos%2F10104287696164345%2F&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Do you agree?

Sure, Adam could be a commentator there if:
1) he pays a huge advertising fee
2) he brings in his own camera team and equipment

/sarcasm. NBC Olympics has had 85% advertisement and 15% coverage of the events. Sad, but NBC is turning me off.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Let's find out who Adam Borrow is first......hehe
seriously watching the early streams I realized how much better table tennis is without commentator. Wish there was an option to turn it off and still hear the game sound. The amount of bullshit that gets spewed during these matches.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2014
i think many of us even get some of the sports and a bit of each one, and there isnt any highlights or replays at least of the entire matches for anyyyyyyybody to watch them. Damn olympics are the WORST to promote the sport and letting us actually watch what WE want. Adam should totally be there commenting, and nobody should have to sit through 25 minutes of archering when table tennis is going on, wich is an actual important sport that millions of fans care about.

Youtube channels cant even upload replays or highlights or anything. Really what a disappointment every olympic game

Reactions: chuckjordan2

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Sure, but how you think we could get him there?
This is not an ITTF event, is it?

I think the ITTF are not in control the event. It seems the Olympics are running everything and controlling who does what. I just think Adam should be there, he knows more about the sport than anyone else and brings a lot of excitement which the general public would love.

One commentator yesterday wasn't even aware the matches are best of 7. Crazy!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I have him on facebook, I think he tried till the 11th hour to get in somehow but I don't think it worked out ... I loved his interview with Mom video though, I think he should keep doing doing and posting on facebook ...
I think the ITTF are not in control the event. It seems the Olympics are running everything and controlling who does what. I just think Adam should be there, he knows more about the sport than anyone else and brings a lot of excitement which the general public would love.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl

MJB

This user has no status.

MJB

This user has no status.
May 2012

Yes, it's a shame Adam is not involved - the Rio atmos would suit his commentary style. A lot of the UK commentators have been bland and just not very good - one made 3 basic mistakes in a single match. He certainly didn't have a tt background.

The best one is Simon Reed - he's got a cool, relaxed style. I hope he gets the final with a good ex-pro player by his side.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Swtiched on Fukuhara vs Tianwei ... some of the lamest ever commentary happening .... even when the players do a bh-bh rally at lightening speed .. there is waldner like calm in the commentary box .... adam we miss you ...

Lmao I can feel your disappointment :D

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
I think Adam Bobrow is really not suited as a commentator, just too limited knowledge.
People like Waldner, Saive , Persson etc ... so ex top players would be much better for serious comments.

I think he has enough skill and knowledge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I think Adam Bobrow is really not suited as a commentator, just too limited knowledge.
People like Waldner, Saive , Persson etc ... so ex top players would be much better for serious comments.

I just seen an old vid from 2012 and Richard Prause was commenting.
Rich got a lot knowledge but just can't bring the excitement across like Adam. Adam brings in a lot of emotion which is totally important as a commentator in my book.
If you see vids from the nineties or eighties you'll probably understand.

I would actually say both together Adam plus someone like Richard Prause would probably be the perfect combination.

#teambobrow

Last edited: