ZJK choo-ing like crazy at Olympics, no one complains?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I've tried that but it never works and only vocality releases the tension. That's why so many pros do that as they also get tense, example is #1 Ma Long who started choing after losing the first game to Liam Pitchford or to anyone else in fact. Nothing else there is that I've found that helped me to reduce shakiness in tense matches other than vocality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I've tried that but it never works and only vocality releases the tension. That's why so many pros do that as they also get tense, example is #1 Ma Long who started choing after losing the first game to Liam Pitchford or to anyone else in fact. Nothing else there is that I've found that helped me to reduce shakiness in tense matches other than vocality.

Its a matter of preference really, as archosaurus said niwa/waldner (and many more, like crisan, samsonov who only chos in crucial points, he zhi wen also an example and of course tang peng wong chun ting and jiang tianyi are also very calm players). So whatever helps you deal with tension is good, "silly" or not it doesnt matter

says what [IMG]
It's really just about personality, I think.

Look at someone like Joo Sae Hyuk or Waldner. Can you imagine them getting tensed up and needing to shout to release it?

Of course, everyone gets tensed up and everyone deals with it somehow, but there are different ways for different people. Some people play really well when they're pissed off and furious: I get completely overloaded from such a state.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Many people don't understand what a completely different pressure suddenly kicks in the competitions or any league team matches than regular matches. The professionals are already in the zone as they're so well trained for it and well prepared in advance so the keep the choing for the right moment when is needed and they see like the opponent is catching up. So this is why you sometimes don't see them choing straight away.

Last edited:
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
says I am just looking for someplace to play during a week...
Mar 2016
I think a player is entitled to make some noise to celebrate,release tension or get focused. What I don't get is how some players will do the outburst just as they or the opponent serve. How is this supposed to be legal? Its a distraction at that point. Are there no limits other than courtesy?

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
look at lee xiao xia. every point he won she screams and She raises her hand up with a clenched fist. Even if the ball touch the net or the opponent made simple mistake. That kind of behavior should be forbiden. Anyway chinese will everything to win the game, they do not have to obey the honor rules. After all nobody will remember how the behaved, you will just find in googles how many medals they achieved.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
Try to play one of these competitions see how none of your shots will even land on the table because of how tense it is.