Ma Long vs Zhang Jike Final FIXED???

Vote below! Was the final fixed for Ma Long to win?

• Fixed

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Not Fixed

Votes: 82 77.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I gotta admit, I admire siva's consistent delusion so much. Nothing will change his opinion, even when how wrong it is.
Not that I didn't expect this though. Some fans can be delusional, but this guy takes it even further. Salute

Spot on,
The key word here is delusional
I think this is a major sickness in the 21th century - not just TT but in general.
I actually wonder where all this comes from.....

Reactions: ade14212
On forum since 2012, and 5 posts
Won't take those comments so serious
Wonder why he is still on a tt forum if tt is not fun any more
and why is he even watching 2 Chinese players playing :p

agreed, just do not like to have that sort of sillyness go unchallenged ... ;}

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Living a life in the virtual world ... less social contact ... .more virtual living .. lesser social contact ... less social skills .... more comfortable in solitude than in a crowd .... more superiority complex that I am unique and special and others are not in my league ( skill , intelligence and talentwise ) ....
aren't we all in this vicious cycle ... just that some are affected more and some less ...
Spot on,
The key word here is delusional
I think this is a major sickness in the 21th century - not just TT but in general.
I actually wonder where all this comes from.....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Read 1 reviews
so, i'm guessing everyone who hates "chinese table tennis domination" has plenty of hate to go around for all the countries who have invested in a sport. pesky germans & brazilians and all their football world cups .. we need less germans & brazilians in world football. while we're at it, how about getting rid of all the etheopian and kenyan long distance runners, get the medals out to other nations. no more new zealanders in rugby ... they win way too often. punish the lot of them for being better than the rest.

totally ridiculous idea, right?

let those who train & study their craft the most rise to the top.

</minirant>

Well ... Chinese Domination in TT actually makes the sport boring to watch. US basketball domination is similar. Soccer ehhh at least brazillian, italian, german, ... all have chance so it is more exciting. It is kudo to you for still finding the sport is not boring to watch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I gotta admit, I admire siva's consistent delusion so much. Nothing will change his opinion, even when how wrong it is.
Not that I didn't expect this though. Some fans can be delusional, but this guy takes it even further. Salute

They accuse me of trolling over here, so let me make it real :D

Also this looks pretty much a offensive personal comment and the mod tells someones to behave as a civilized gentleman and then he does the opposite by liking such comments. That looks confusing, anyways this was fun to read :)

Reactions: atek2015
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
They accuse me of trolling over here, so let me make it real :D

Also this looks pretty much a offensive personal comment and the mod tells someones to behave as a civilized gentleman and then he does the opposite by liking such comments. That looks confusing, anyways this was fun to read :)

Excuse me, it wasn't my intention to offend or anything. I was only admiring your tenacity when supporting ZJK even went as far as not admitting that Ml was the better player in the final.

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Excuse me, it wasn't my intention to offend or anything. I was only admiring your tenacity when supporting ZJK even went as far as not admitting that Ml was the better player in the final.

It was k pal, I have no bitterness for you. Well, you support for those who you can identify with. So, ZJK is pretty much that. ML is more structured and systematic guy, that doesn't excite me. Well in the finals, ML was pretty confident, I am happy for him because after all he had endured after 2012 is really praiseworthy. Ma long really made it after winning WTTC in my opinion, Olympics is just one more thing. He proved himself over there, that's enough. I just expected the same will happen in Rio. But, the presence of Zhang Jike in RIO may have little bit destroyed his rythm, please admit that ML was not 100% till he reached the finals. And Also in the finals, he played like 70%

When many people twist their words to suit their agenda in the forum, it makes me reminiscent of this :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
It was k pal, I have no bitterness for you. Well, you support for those who you can identify with. So, ZJK is pretty much that. ML is more structured and systematic guy, that doesn't excite me. Well in the finals, ML was pretty confident, I am happy for him because after all he had endured after 2012 is really praiseworthy. Ma long really made it after winning WTTC in my opinion, Olympics is just one more thing. He proved himself over there, that's enough. I just expected the same will happen in Rio. But, the presence of Zhang Jike in RIO may have little bit destroyed his rythm, please admit that ML was not 100% till he reached the finals. And Also in the finals, he played like 70%

When many people lie in the forum, I jus remember this :D

I do admit ML was not like his usual dominating self and pretty much pulled a WC 2014 ZJK. Anyay, I'm happy that we can see ML and ZJK faced off in the biggest event in TT. I hope they still play at the highest level in OL 2020 and meet again in the Final. Cheers

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
I do admit ML was not like his usual dominating self and pretty much pulled a WC 2014 ZJK. Anyay, I'm happy that we can see ML and ZJK faced off in the biggest event in TT. I hope they still play at the highest level in OL 2020 and meet again in the Final. Cheers

Let's See. Ma Lin pretty much entered the world scene by reaching the quarter finals of WTTC at 1997. At the end of 2013, he retired. The math gives 16 years of elite performance. So, if we take 2007 as a reference point for both, it is around 9 years of Elite play. If they could maintain their drive like Ma Lin, then it is pretty much possible that they could play 2020 Olympics at Tokyo. But, I highly doubt ZJK being able to continue that far, injuries take the soul out of you and the other thing would be why would they bother since both of them had achieved the insurmountable Grandslams.

If they pull a Samsonov, that would be the coolest performance ever of 2020 :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Imo, ZJK was very lucky to have been chosen for single in Rio
He is not the top 2 player, XX is playing better and FZD is also there too
Now the Olympic is over and the next cycle will start.
For sure ZJK is now on the backseat and slowly and surely he will be getting closer towards retirement.
and there is 0 chance that he will feature in Tokyo 2020
China is not Belarus, there is plenty of players knocking on the door for a spot on the team

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I don't think XX can really force ZJK out of his comfort zones. XX is not really comparable to ZJK and ML and soon enough even FZD. We'll see though. PErsonally, I'd say both ML and ZJK will still be the choice in OL 2020.

I really doubt CNT will send a 31 and 32 year old table tennis player to the Olympics
FZD for sure will make it, XX at 30 is already a bit old for CNT standards
I reckon it will be XX and FZD
Or maybe a new player + FZD

Well ... Chinese Domination in TT actually makes the sport boring to watch. US basketball domination is similar. Soccer ehhh at least brazillian, italian, german, ... all have chance so it is more exciting. It is kudo to you for still finding the sport is not boring to watch.

watching the best in the world at a discipline is always fascinating, plenty of opportunities to learn and marvel at how easy they make the difficult stuff look ... and always fun (or funny for others) trying to replicate it yourself ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
Maybe the match wasn't fixed at all. Maybe Zhang just gave up and decided to let his best friend have the gold medal. He already achieved his grand slam. He already achieved his mission to ensure China gets the gold and silver medal. After the first game perhaps Zhang said, "Ah screw it. I can't beat him. He wants it more than me. And I'm sick of coach Liu always yelling at me. I'm gonna retire and play soccer."