Ma Long vs Zhang Jike Final FIXED???

Vote below! Was the final fixed for Ma Long to win?

• Fixed

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • Not Fixed

Votes: 82 77.4%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Yes match was fixes in ZJK's mind. He ****ing injured his shoulder and back again during the semifinal. Waiting for official confirmation from Chinese media.

Other than that, how can you even say that this match is rigged. He was giving his maximum during the first set. After the second set, there is severe disruption in his form and movement. Injury damn ****ed him.

Anyways, Kudos to our new Grand Slam Champion Ma Long. It would have been miserable, if ML played like he did again Jeung or Aruna. For the least he was pretty confident during the entire match. That makes me happy.

Fate made ZJK the Grandslam champion and the same made him to lose the Finals by Injury. There is no way Ma Long gets to beat a 100% ZJK :D

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Of course it is fixed
Before the start of the year, they fixed it to a all China final
The foundation of the preparations came 20 years ago

ZJK is currently the weakest link in the top 4
LGL had to tell him to wake up in previous matches.
I guess he will be retiring soon (or retired by CNT)

Reactions: matzreenzi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Get that tin foil off the heads boys. No way.

Yeah ZJK, who has worked all his life, with his past success and what it'd do for his legacy, is just going to willing lay down because he was told to do so. No way.

Early on he was trying to give it a go. It wasn't working. At this point in their careers Ma Long is just simply better. ZJK clearly saw it wasn't his day and mailed in the 4th game.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2013
Read 5 reviews
I don´t buy these conspiracy theories. Could Ma Long beat uninjured ZJK in olympic final? Absolutely! Could ML beat ZJK if ZJK would stayed healthy past 3 years? Maybe? I think that reason why ML is now a days much better player than ZJK is that ZJK has had injuries during last few years which has just forced him to try keep up his form as good as he can. Same time ML has developed his game, bh especially. ZJK is a great player no doupt and mentaly he has been clearly stronger than ML but the fact is that at the moment ML is one step above all the other players.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Get that tin foil off the heads boys. No way.

Yeah ZJK, who has worked all his life, with his past success and what it'd do for his legacy, is just going to willing lay down because he was told to do so. No way.

Early on he was trying to give it a go. It wasn't working. At this point in their careers Ma Long is just simply better. ZJK clearly saw it wasn't his day and mailed in the 4th game.

Totally agree, chinese policy is now different than the 60's or 80's. Let's not forget that ZJK basically refused to play for Shandong Luneng the previous year for some kind of contract disagreement with his club. In the older days they would probably kick him out without anyone knowing for "disobeying".

http://tabletennista.com/2015/7/zhang-jike-in-conflict-with-shandong/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
When ZJK lost - lol, he doesn't care, he's injured, he doesn't change equipments like an ej.
When ZJK won - Lol, long live the king. Explosiveness simply unbeatable. Biggest stage winner.

When ML lost - lol choke, not as good as ZJK. Less complete player.
When ML won - lol, ZJK is injured. ML is lucky. ZJk is more talented anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
One thing I don't get is why is it necessary for fans to bad mouth the other guy ? These are the same people who when they lose in real life come up with excuses , I am tired, I am injured, I did not sleep enough, I don't like the ball, or whatever ....

I can understand somebody saying I don't like Ma Long's personality or ZJK's personality , but unnecessarily putting conspiracy theories out there without any basis and then demeaning somebody's hard earned achievement isn't sports ... and I believe all of us here claim to be "sports" fans ... not fanatics ...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
One thing I don't get is why is it necessary for fans to bad mouth the other guy ? These are the same people who when they lose in real life come up with excuses , I am tired, I am injured, I did not sleep enough, I don't like the ball, or whatever ....

I can understand somebody saying I don't like Ma Long's personality or ZJK's personality , but unnecessarily putting conspiracy theories out there without any basis and then demeaning somebody's hard earned achievement isn't sports ... and I believe all of us here claim to be "sports" fans ... not fanatics ...

Because they represent the top? That's the only thing I can think of. As for me, I respect ZJK, especially his technique.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Alright guys. Here is how I see things. There is a lot of unnecessary stuff from both sides.

Ma Long won. He won convincingly. Damn, he deserved it. He has worked so damned hard and waited so long for this moment. He is the World Champion, and the Olympic Champion. Part of that is that he trained, was seriously in shape and stayed healthy through the finals. Regardless of how you look at it, that is part of the story. Ma Long won and over the past several years he has been an amazing player. He has answered all those questions about his nerves and about the big tournaments. He beat ZJK head to head in the Olympic Gold Match.

Congratulations to him.

Zhang Jike was clearly struggling and as the match progressed had more and more trouble moving to his FH. But that does not change anything. When you win on the biggest stage, you win. When you don't, you don't. If his injuries were affecting him in the match, that is part of the reality of SPORT. The guy in better shape, who is physically stronger, on some level, has earned that through training.

Now China has two, great, Grand Slam winners in this decade. And we should show both of them respect. Nobody likes a sore loser. But nobody likes a sour grapes winner either.

These guys are both great champions. Ma Long fans do Ma Long a disservice by ridiculing ZJK fans when they are down. But ZJK fans also do ZJK a disservice by trying to find excuses for the loss or suggesting anything other than the fact that Ma Long in fact came through.

And think about it, nobody here will argue that Wang Liqin was great, a phenomenon, and an unbelievable, dominant force in the sport with 3 WTTC titles. But he never won a world cup or an Olympic Gold and nobody seems to fault him for that or think he was less of a player for it. And Ma Lin, everyone knows what a great player he was and he never won a WTTC title and only won 1 Olympic gold. Wang Hao, the guy was also great. We all know he was. But he only won one WTTC title.

Looking at the bigger picture, now I am looking forward to when Quadri Aruna, Vladimir Samsonov, Jung Young-sik and Jun Mizutani can take the CNT out of the top 3 spots. :) The Olympic Singles event was great. And table tennis actually has something to look forward to. Okay, I know nobody is actually close to ending CNT dominance soon. But there was really so much more about this tournament than bitter banter between ML and ZJK fans.

Get over it. Zhang Jike is great. But right now, Ma Long's TIME HAS ARRIVED. Give it up for his amazing performance throughout the whole Olympic Singles Event. Celebrate the achievement and leave the rest behind.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
When ZJK lost - lol, he doesn't care, he's injured, he doesn't change equipments like an ej.
When ZJK won - Lol, long live the king. Explosiveness simply unbeatable. Biggest stage winner.

When ML lost - lol choke, not as good as ZJK. Less complete player.
When ML won - lol, ZJK is injured. ML is lucky. ZJk is more talented anyway.

these are actually comments by biased fans. I dont consider myself biased its just that i like more ZJK over ML and they are both great hands down.

same type of comments are expressed by biased ML fans

"zjk got lucky, no ML in the final"

"zjk so lucky, wang hao is afraid, wh is aloser"

"LGL is biased over ZJK , ML should be in olympics 2012"

So I dont take these types of comments seriously into consideration from either side.

People judge players waaaay too much over results. They tend to forget simple details in all great finals

wttc 2007. ma lin 3-1 7-1 up. let his guard down, stupid mistakes, probably because he thought it was over. wlq came back 3-2 and them ML simply kept missing on relatively easy balls. MA Lin lost that game more like WLQ won it. Of course im not blaiming WLQ for his tactics and simple jedi mind tricks of just keeping the ball on the table and let ma lin make a mistake, wining comes in many ways

wttc 2009. wang hao 3-0, 10-5 up, got overexcited shitted his pants a bit and wlq was again 10-9 and finally wh ended the match. All sets were very close like 12-10 and 11-9 except the 3rd wher wang hao won 10-5 if i remember correctly. Yet people stated "wang liqin got crushed badly 4-0"

wttc 2011, same situation with ZJK dont need to explain everyone saw that match

wttc 2013, ZJK 3-2 up and losing 7-5, made lucky edge ball and instead of 8-5 it was 7-6. clearly a turning point as ZJK himself admitted.

Im not saying all those wins came over little details ALONE, its just that their level is so damn close, that details are deciding their matchups. So phrases like "wang hao is a loser" and crap like that about all top CNT players, are expressed mostly by fans full of ignorance. pure garbage if you ask me

Last edited:
Reactions: matzreenzi